25of 87
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 21, 2008 10:04
added
prices
reviews

Below are the jointly made agreements about entering strip items.
N.B. When filling in a field, tap slowly. This is because a drop-down appears with the existing names in that field based on the letters entered. Choose the correct name if possible. This prevents “pollution” in the database.
Series and story authors
An album can contain multiple stories. Each story can be from a different series and have different authors. That is why we enter authors and series in the stories in the album. These are at the bottom of the list of input fields. The album will be placed with all entered series and authors.
Series
In the name of the series we do not place an article at the beginning but at the end of the name. Examples: “Beaver Pattern, The” and “New Beginnings, One”
Authors (draughtsmen and screenwriters)
Names of authors are displayed in the format Last name, First name insertions (if any). For example “Kroft, Robert van der”. The intention is not yet to include translators, letters and colorists among draftsmen and / or screenwriters. This is now possible in the Details field. We will add specific fields for this later on.
Album Series
Series of albums in which the album was released. This is usually a sub-series within the series such as the “Blue series” of Suske en Wiske. But it can also be a series that contains albums from multiple series such as “Collection Young Europe”, “Collection Free Flight” or “Wordt Vervolgd Novans”.
For single foreign albums you should choose the album series “Foreign releases ”Followed by the language in brackets. For example “Foreign editions (Danish)” for the Danish Bommel editions. If it concerns several albums in an individually distinguishable foreign album series, then that album series can be specifically named with the language behind it in brackets, for example “Albumklubben Trumf (Danish)”.
No. in album series
Include here the number that is actually on the album or that it actually occupies in the album series (specific series in which the album was released).
No. addition
The no. addition is intended to be able to record variants of an album (for example, the same album with a special occasion imprint or a slightly different color cover or format while it is the same release). It is not intended to indicate other editions or to mention, for example, a Hardcover variant.
Publisher
Enter the publisher's name in the normal order, for example “De Bezige Bij”.
We do not include the words “publisher” and “publisher” themselves in the name. So do not fill in “Uitgeverij Helmond” but “Helmond”.
We give publishers that operate under different names or marketing slogans the same name, which is the best known. So choose “Lombard” even though it says “Le Lombard” in the album.
Images
3 images can be added to a strip. The first is for the front, the second for the back and the third for an attachment or a page from the album. It is very important that the right images are placed with the right variants and printings of albums. If you have a certain reprint yourself, it is not the intention to add images of it (also) to first or other editions, even if there is no image for those other editions. We then all calmly wait until a collector reports who is busy and adds a picture of it.
Scanning albums produces the most beautiful images. Photos can also be added.
ISBN
Enter any ISB -Number also for the correct variant and press a album in. ISBN has only been around since 1970, so older albums cannot have it. As of January 1, 2007, ISB Numbers have 13 digits. Before that there was officially only ISBN -10 (10 digits), but in 2006 you could already add ISBN -13. In England there was already from 1966 SBN , a 9-digit code on which ISBN is ultimately based.
ISB -Numbers can be entered with or without dashes. When displayed, the dashes will automatically be placed in the correct place.
First edition, reprints and revised editions
Catawiki has space for all distinct editions and editions of a comic. If a comic reappears in a revised edition - for example, colored, redrawn, different publisher, different cover, different format - then the actual printing of that revised edition must be entered in the “Print” field. So choose “First Edition” if it is the first edition of a revised edition. These are often collected separately. Think of the various Tintin series or of Gaston Flater, of which the original editions were in landscape format, but of which the first editions of the revised editions are also collected in regular format.
Details
If you want to add information for which there are no specific fields (yet), you can do so in the Details field. Then it is fixed in any case and can possibly be transferred to new fields later.
In any case, use this field to describe the specific characteristics of variants.
Story numbers
Story numbers are meant to be able to list the stories chronologically independently of publication in any series. And to be able to refer to it. If a story exists in different versions such as The Black Rocks of Tintin, then the idea is that they are referred to by the same story number. This makes it possible later to see the different versions and publications of the story by clicking on story number or story title. Series information should therefore not be reflected in the story number. In numbering, a distinction is made between stories of normal length (22 pages or more), short stories and gags of 1 page or less. These are respectively indicated by the letters V for story, K for short story and G for gag. Numbering per letter always starts at 1. So the first short story has number K1. For example, Franka's first full-length story “The Crime Museum” has number V1. For gags previously published in the newspaper, we use the date of first newspaper publication as the number after the G in this (internationally used) format: YYYYMMDD . So for example “G19701207”.
Foreign publications must be given the foreign title as story title. Please use the same number as the story number as the original Dutch story so that they can be linked together.
As an exception to the above, we use the story numbering for Marten Toonder's comics as developed by Hans Matla for the Bommelkatalogus (including the BV numbers). We have permission from Hans for the use of his coding system.
Newspaper and magazine publications
When entering newspaper and magazine publications or clippings, the type “Clipping” must be selected in the Type field. For the sake of clarity, these publications are not shown by default. These are shown after checking the option “Pre-publications / clippings” in the black bar above the items in a series.
Curiosa
It is also possible to save comic curiosities with a series, author, etc. This includes in any case all collectible items that are not made of paper. If a suitable type cannot be found for a paper item in the Type field, it is also best to enter it as curiosities.
N.B. Based on the forum discussion I will continue to expand this list. This will also be available when entering a strip.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • October 21, 2008 20:57
added
October 21, 2008 20:57

Is it also possible to add a field in which the genre / category of the comic can be stated, such as action or adventure or history or humor .
With the Blauwbloezen or Lucky Luke you could have the combination of western and humor .
This information seems to me personally more interesting than the size of an album.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 21, 2008 21:39
added
prices
reviews

That's a nice idea, yes, but it doesn't actually belong to this topic about agreements that have already been made. Would you like to create this as a new topic in the “Agreements about adding data” forum? I am curious if others also think this is a good idea.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • August 06, 2009 19:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Long live the agreements made !!!
And especially: “bq. quote If you have a certain reprint yourself, it is not the intention to add images of it (also) to first or other editions, even if there is no image for those other editions. We then all calmly wait until a collector reports who is busy and adds a picture of it .
Unfortunately, someone at the Suske en Wiske albums has amused himself by putting in covers of albums that he probably does not own (and therefore never has a back cover to add).
Example 1: Red series Flemish: The king drinks with yellow title !!!! 27037
Example 2: Red series of Dutch: the singing hippo with yellow title
Example 3: Red series of Dutch: Lambiorix, not correct either…
And there will be others that this person has added. Unfortunately they have all been approved….
As a result, people who cannot find their copy in the catalog, as in the item “the singing hippo”
Maybe check what this person has entered incorrectly…
Mvg,
JK

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • August 07, 2009 11:06
added
prices
reviews

Dear JozefK,
Thanks for the tip. Together with the 3 Suske en Wiske administrators I will find out how this is and correct it where necessary.
I also asked 1000strips, importer of the covers whether he actually has these titles.
Regards,
René

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • August 07, 2009 13:37
August 07, 2009 13:37

Hello Rene,
Fortunately, to err is human and I may have entered incorrect dates here and there (year of issue, for example).
The king drinks
http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/De-koning-drink…
I have in my possession, including yellow title and white on the back. Rough pages. The book is even as good as new! I just don't know the release date, so I didn't enter anything there. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding about this. That was not my intention. I agree wholeheartedly with JozefK's motivation. This may also be caused by the many editions of one and the same title.
I also own the singing hippo with yellow title. Dutch, smooth paper.
http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/Het-zingende-n…
Did I enter it incorrectly? If so, what have I done wrong? JozefK writes nothing about that.
The same goes for Lambiorix
http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/Lambiorix-1961…
I also own that one, but according to JozefK there is something wrong with it. He does not write what that is. The item in question has been modified by Marco (“first printing with sticker” was years later).
NB. I have only entered covers of books that I own and have therefore scanned myself. I have tried to enter as accurately as possible, but as I said, maybe I (or whoever adds data later) made mistakes. If the book in question did not appear in the catalogue, I have made a new item of it to the best of my knowledge.
Greeting,
Sjef '1000strips'

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • August 07, 2009 13:49
August 07, 2009 13:49
Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • August 07, 2009 13:51
August 07, 2009 13:51

Sorry, in this forum I am unable to paste a URL in my post. Apparently things keep going wrong.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • August 07, 2009 20:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Just to clarify: the thing that is wrong (in my humble opinion, I could also be wrong) is the information (year and pressure) with respect to the attached photo.
In the Flemish series I am very sure that a first edition NEVER can have a yellow title except for the dark diamond.
Tipping point with the yellow titles is 1959. Reprints since then all albums have that yellow title.
It therefore seems to me that the Dutch series was ahead of this (but of course it is possible).
For Lambiorix and the singing hippo I knew that there is a print with a white title in the Dutch series so I assume that were then the yellow title. That is why I think that the years and mention of the first edition do not belong to these covers.
To know roughly what year your reprint is, look at the title list. If the album that is in press is from 1959, for example, then chances are that the reprint is from 1958 or from hell early in the year 1959.
If that back is also depicted, then someone who has more information about that always has to make an adjustment.
Feel free to respond if I make a mistake, I am not an expert on the 'red series of Dutch'.
Mvg,
JK

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • August 08, 2009 16:19
added
prices
reviews

1000strips and JozefK: thanks for the clarifications.
Indeed, lately something has gone wrong with pasting long URL s in the forum. When Marco gets back from vacation, we'll take a look at this.
Solution for now is to use the free TinyURL to shorten the link. Then it will work.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • August 08, 2009 18:07
August 08, 2009 18:07

Finally, a bit more clarity from me, regarding the broken URL s. (Can't really arrange anything with the Catawiki number?) Thanks in the meantime for TinyURL tip.
The king is drinking the 80 euro copy;
The singing hippo concerns the 200 euro copy;
Lambiorix concerns the 75 euro copy.
I could not find these items in Catawiki and so I made a new item with my own scanned books that I have in my possession, including yellow titles.
JozefK, you are right when you say that I have added pictures to some titles. In the beginning of my Catawiki business, I thought those open spaces were ugly and I assumed this was the result of laziness or the lack of a scanner. There haven't been many and unfortunately I don't remember which titles they were.
And to take away all other misunderstandings: I do not have the 900 euro copy of De Koning drinkst in my possession, but I may have added a picture to it, although it does not appear from the record field [Last modified by:]
So there should certainly be some attention for that.
My apologies for the inconvenience. My intention was good, but not the intention of Catawiki.

Show original message
  • 190 messages
  • August 13, 2009 20:36
added
prices

about the urls: if you include the catawiki number in your message, it automatically becomes a link… :-)

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • August 13, 2009 21:11
added
prices
reviews

Indeed. Unless it is 4 digits because then we assume that it is a year :-)

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • October 13, 2009 23:48
October 13, 2009 23:48

Dear Administrators, tonight I come across many titles from providers under the heading of 1st edition. I saw low prices so thought that can't be right :-). It often appears when viewing the album that providers mention Reprint. And I just go through my books completely (until too late at night). I fear I have more than one example. Seems confusing to me. What now?

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • October 14, 2009 17:46
added
prices
reviews

That is indeed a problem. It should certainly not be allowed, certainly not if afterwards the sales prices are used for each item to determine the list price. An example of what you mean:
http: //www.catawiki.nl/shop/De-parel-van-Bagdad ...

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 15, 2009 08:55
added
prices
reviews

This is absolutely not the intention, no. Not only because it is misleading to buyers, but indeed also because we want to automatically derive list prices from actual sales and supply.
In recent months I have already approached a few (large) providers about offering a reprint at the first edition.
Expermiment626: Thanks for the example. I immediately emailed the provider.
I would like to receive examples from you and other users (please email me) and will immediately address the providers. We will block the account in case of repeated misrepresentation.
Thank you very much for everyone's cooperation.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • October 15, 2009 09:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Spirou and Fantasio- The Marsupilamis nest is another example of another print under the first edition.
Mvg,
JK

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 16, 2009 00:14
added
prices
reviews

Thank you JK, I emailed the provider. I would like to hear about other reprint providers for a first edition in the catalog.
By the way: I am still looking for this comic myself in the first edition. So if someone wants to get rid of it…

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • October 17, 2009 09:51
added
prices
reviews
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 17, 2009 14:22
added
prices
reviews

Thanks! I just emailed the provider.

Show original message
  • 151 messages
  • November 27, 2009 19:19
added
prices

What strikes me are the so-called double and then also with enormous price differences; example: no. 154233 Inside Hermann: New condition 90, - € Good Condition: 45, - €
Reasonable condition: € 22.50.
Then look at 726319 New condition € 30.00, Good condition € 15.00
Reasonable condition € 7.50 .
That way it is not really clear anymore!

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 27, 2009 19:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well noticed. The duplication has been removed.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 08, 2010 23:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

With the pop up menu when entering data there are collectors who also click when not needed.
An example:

Chlorophyll
60849 , that's a Tintin album and all episodes of whatever which comic are everywhere.
You then get an inventory where secondary series obscure the actual main series.

For the Chloros the main series are:

1. Lombard Collection
2. Young Europe
3. Favorites
4a. Helmond Expenses
4b. Lombard Expenses

Is it not possible to put it in front.

Also for other series of course :)

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • April 09, 2010 06:51

60849 is not a Tintin album but a magazine.
Magazines will have their own section in the future.
Then the problem of polluting the main strings is immediately gone.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 09, 2010 10:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I don't know that's going to fix it. You are still dealing with side series, special editions, etc.
The best example is Suske en Wiske.
When I first came to Catawiki I started looking for the “uncolored series”. It took me a long time to find it.
Here, too, the main series should be clearly set apart, i.e.
1) Uncolored (Vl / Hollow)
2) Blue
3) Two-color (Vl / Hollow)
4) Four-color
I think 95% of collectors are mainly interested in these series.

It is of course important that the other series are also mentioned, but it is still best to make the "main series" stand out clearly.

Maybe “bold” if separation is difficult?

Show original message
Go to page
25of 87