25of 29
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 12:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I got my first feedback. Of course also wants to give an evaluation, but apparently that is not possible?

I get a 'Feedback' box, but if I bet and confirm something I get the message ' You cannot respond to positive feedback.'

Isn't that possible?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • November 06, 2020 12:55
added
prices
reviews

No, that is not possible, that's what the message says anyway.

Sorry, but you don't have to ask yourself for every clear message whether that is correct?

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I just asked if that's not possible. So no.

Only after typing and confirming I got that message. Not there for.
It could be that you are not authorized to give feedback after 10 days, right? There is simply a box for you to give feedback.

I can therefore assume that as a seller you cannot give feedback to a buyer on LD.

Show original message
  • 4,325 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:18
added
prices
info pages

Correct.

After all, feedback for buyers is useless.

P.S. Where do you get a "Feedback" box?

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Ok, just know.

@ Book Warehouse

The status of my first completed sale is now 'sent'. Do I, as a seller, have to change something about it when closing (eg set it to 'completed' or something like that)?

Show original message
  • 4,325 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:32
added
prices
info pages

No, Sent is the last possible status. A week or so later, the buyer will automatically be given the opportunity to provide feedback.

You can archive the orders, but that is for your convenience.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

After all, feedback for buyers is useless.

Disagree, you also have buyers from that “Marktplaats” who order something from you, you send them an invoice, after a week a reminder and zero response… .. these so-called buyers may also be in a negative spotlight , you can also get rid of the bad apples.

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 13:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Maybe there is another solution on LD? Somewhere a hotline where such buyers can be named ... and their membership is repeatedly terminated?

In the 10 days that I have been here I have not experienced it, so I don't know (yet) :) If the experienced users show their value as an experience expert here, we will find out.

Show original message
  • 4,325 messages
  • November 06, 2020 15:09
added
prices
info pages

I'm not worried about people who don't pay, they just don't get their order. It is annoying, but anyone can cancel an order with me, even without reason.

And feedback is an inappropriate tool to punish fake buyers, because no seller can prevent them from placing an order.

(On eBay, buyers can't even get negative feedback to protect them from feedback blackmail.)

As Raoul says, reporting to Cat ... oops, LastDodo is the only cure. If only to prevent them from giving the seller another feedback.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • November 06, 2020 15:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

My experience, as a very humble seller of some duplicate stuff, is that rarely anything gets canceled on LD

Here and there there is a shop that is drowning in the bad criticism, but as a buyer you have to pay attention because they can continue to exist.

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 15:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@bookstore

06-11-2020 13:18:28

P.S. Where do you get a "Feedback" box?

Had to go back and find which 'click path' I had followed before. I cannot find directly where I can retrieve my feedback in the LD menu. I used the email Receive feedback . In it a link, and then I get to see the feedback, with space below for my 'Feedback' with an entry box 'Response to feedback:'. It is a pity that I cannot place a screenshot here ... a picture usually makes a lot clear.

Show original message
  • 2,411 messages
  • November 06, 2020 19:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You can respond to feedback from a buyer. That's what you see.

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 19:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@fazerco

Yes, you can. But if you click on the nice big blue 'Save' button you will get the message 'You cannot respond to positive feedback.' The circle is round :)

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • November 06, 2020 20:02
added
prices
reviews

You can only respond to a negative feedback ...

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 06, 2020 20:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I didn't know, and I couldn't find it anywhere. If I don't know something, I'll ask. Now I know. The advantage of the forum is that everyone can now also find it.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • November 07, 2020 01:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If LD had such a reporting system that would only be an improvement, I sell on multiple platforms and they all have a different feedback system and no 1 is perfect neither LD, for example there is no expiration date on a negative feedback; a seller who had 1 negative 11 years ago and then only positive now has a score of 99.9%.

If a buyer is going to cancel the order, I of course have no problem with that, I am concerned with buyers who, as I also wrote in my previous post, have zero reaction, so no cancellation, who do not hear anything at all.

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 07, 2020 10:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@metalfigures - and to all other interested readers ... we sit here in a cafe and are free to write our thoughts.

I can only agree with that. LD does not have to be a copy of another site, each site is unique and has different objectives and priorities. What is a disadvantage for some, is an advantage for some. Or as a maestro (I think the biggest maestro) in the football industry once said: 'Every disadvantage has its advantage'. Also vice versa.

I think 2 elements are more than worth thinking about further.

1. freshness date

I haven't seen anything like this anywhere. LD would be unique with this. Only the modalities are a bit difficult to determine. A progressive valuation fixed or dynamic. Hold for 2 years and discard the previous one, or hold on to the last 200 experiences ... Anyone who has ever been stigmatized by a transaction with a counterparty with which it did not really match can still cherish future prospects. Now you carry the blemish with you for the rest of your 'career' on LD.
Personally, I find a dynamic evaluation (eg last 200) the most challenging. You can then work hard to get over that trauma as quickly as possible: show that you are 100%. Would also comply with certain GDPR regulations (with fixed fully, with dynamic partly). How long can you keep an evaluation, which in my opinion is personal? I don't know.

2. reporting system

A kind of digital pillory ... However, very dangerous. Also viewable with those complicated GDPR regulations. May and is possible. But it could be advantageous for buyers and sellers, provided good and meticulous management.
In the event of the slightest doubt, as a user of LD, you could also learn more about this. Buyers can thus anticipate (prevent problems), sellers can thus limit loss of time (all those attempts at communication and follow-up).

? A top ten of the least good (according to the feedback, whether or not progressing) sellers, and such a top ten of buyers ... You don't want to be seen in that! And in Murphy states, you want to get out of it as quickly as possible. Can prevent a lot of lost time - and frustration.

Because we are here in the 'cafe': a round of coffee for everyone. Coffee inspires me. It's still too early for an apero, and apero désinspires me.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • November 07, 2020 11:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

1. freshness date

Anyone who ever suffered a stigma from a transaction with a counterparty with which it did not really match can still cherish future prospects. Now you will carry the blemish with you for the rest of your 'career' on LD.

That also means that a small shop that only sells a few things can deceive some gullible buyers every year / two years.

Actually, he cheats more than 50% of his buyers, but that is no longer visible ...

I still think it's a good idea, although I buy with a lot of confidence from someone with 99.9%. That 0.01% deviation can just happen, or is just an annoying buyer.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • November 07, 2020 12:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I like the idea of a “perfect” feedback system among the users of LD, but as long as it remains quiet with the executives, these are just musings in a cafe, unfortunately no more than that.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 07, 2020 12:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Our team also thinks about it regularly. But we have not decided yet either. So we always welcome ideas.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • November 07, 2020 13:08
added
prices
reviews

expiration date on a negative feedback; a seller who had 1 negative 11 years ago and only positive after that now has a score of 99.9%.

At Ebay it is an advantage that after a Year without Negative you will return to 100%,

The red dot remains with the Feedback given, so you can always read back as a Buyer

And there are several ways to respond to it

Give feedback , view a Feedback profile , Respond to Feedback received , Continue commenting on Giving Feedback , Make feedback public or private (then you can no longer sell) only Buy , Request feedback change (in case of deliberately wrong Feedback).

Perhaps several of these points are also of interest to LD.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,431 messages
  • November 07, 2020 13:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Why not change Feedback scores to simple Feedback, without a score? You should not always want to capture everything in scores, that often has negative (side) effects.

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 07, 2020 13:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Always good to know that those 'managers' are thinking about it. In a way I also find it normal that there is not too much reaction from above in a discussion about something in which no one already sees a clear direction or can determine what it will / could become. That way, the discussion remains open and who knows what fun or sublime ideas will emerge from it. Sometimes buttom-up is not a bad approach.

But it is alive (the discussion about the feedback procedure), that is clear to me. How a simple field, with a confirmation button that leads to 'You can't ...', can lead to (imho) meaningful communication between members. Love this cafe that's for sure. Even if it is purely with virtual drink.

I had no idea about eBay that it worked out like this, but it seems to me to be a well thought-out solution that will appeal to many parties.
On the other hand, I am still struggling with the given GDPR ... a number of things that we are so used to, and that we continue to do because it has always been that way, may now no longer be completely in accordance with the legislation (European directive). The current concept can also be seen as a legacy, inspired by / by a former purely commercial partner?
There must have been enough talk about it by the top at the time (about the feeback when GDPR suddenly came haunted 2 years ago). I don't find the nice thing about it anywhere on the forum. Not that I have read everything yet ... but if the 'nice' has been put on it, it must have been between 2018 and now).

Btw ... I really like some nicknames, perhaps the result of - sometimes hilarious - annecdotes? If so, I would love to see a new story begin within the cafe :) What do 'baron' and celery 'have in common in a version 5 ... May I proceed to the wildest thoughts phase, or is it less spectacular? lol

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • November 07, 2020 14:06
added
prices
reviews

There was a Writer (tax collector a real curmudgeon) who wrote from about 1910 to 1950 Books Fd Sinclair (AHVan Der Veen) a few Detectives but many more Books in which a lot of Humor is contained and the People become a Mirror held up,

Baron Celery is a Book that is set in the early 1900s could also be the case now in which an impostor Married couple chops the Notables by putting a few rumors in the world for the rest the Notables themselves take care of and sit at it. end without money but with an experience they will never forget.

I read this Book once / twice a year to give me a big laugh, my nick name Baron Celery!

and the 5 is 58 this is how old I was when I became a member of Cata, this cannot be changed anymore, otherwise it would now be as with E ,, B ,, y 68 where that is possible

Show original message
  • 4,127 messages
  • November 07, 2020 14:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Fantastic as a snack @ baronselderie-5! I should also read that book, I also like humor sometimes. My 62 stands for my year of birth ... so I was 58 when I ended up on LD, about 10 days ago.

Hopefully that's not the average starting age. If then, suppose a 2-year rolling feeback is implemented, you can fool one buyer every 2 years ... how many can you spur up to the age of the average US president? (for the less good listener: just kidding).

Now I have not seen a reaction to the 'pillory' (reporting system) ... What if LD would be a 'top ten' of the worst (least reliable, to be avoided, ...) buyers, and ditto for the sellers to consider. Although dangerous seems to me to have something?

Another bubbling brain twirl: what if after x negative evaluations a buyer / seller is allowed to pack up (after an investigation of the circumstances, of course)?

Show original message
Go to page
25of 29