fair enough ...

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 13, 2011 11:43
added
prices
reviews

Sorry, but now that I've seen this I can't resist showing a list from the Michel online catalog. This also shows that adding the type to the number (postage, automatic stamps) is not an unnecessary luxury.

Yes, in 2010 Michel also fell. Because only with the country name, this online catalog remains workable in the thematic section. (especially since the images are super small ...)

Or, to quote Wicky, adding the country name to the Michel number is a relief, otherwise it would not be possible to work with ...

Mi.No. 72 Belgium, Automatenmarken

Mi.No. 2835 Deutschland Bundesrepublik Deutschland

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 13, 2011 11:34
added
prices
reviews

... and now to top it all off!

Michel found it necessary to expand the Michel number in her online catalog with ... yes ... the country name!

Aden 16-28

then becomes: Mi.No. 16 - 28 Aden

The Michel purists among us who sputter like this can therefore go ahead and put the country name behind every Michel number, because the online Michel will soon be much more prominent than the paper version! You're not going to settle for a cut off number, are you?

Ehhh ..

Such an ISO code is not so bad ...

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 13, 2011 11:05
added
prices
reviews

@Wicky

There was extensive consultation about this in the meeting of administrators last week, the country code is placed in a separate field, is automatically linked and (fortunately) remains linked to a catalog number on the order forms together with the number. In exports you can then choose whether or not to use the country code.

But that has nothing to do with your previous post stating that the current code is unusable - and the ISO is. In it you really just confirm that there must be a usable code.

For me as a seller, the country code has to do with the number in that it makes the number unique. and that is really essential in order processing. (And elsewhere in the forum you talk about my shop, so you know I speak from experience)

Mea culpa Michel and Yvert, they could not have imagined in 1910 that a country code for their number in an automated and internationalized company with more than 2 million different stamps might well be useful.

Show original message
  • 42 messages
  • April 13, 2011 11:01

Hello Rinus,

If you are still interested in helping out, you can contact Sinbad. He is in the process of making the ISO list.

Every bit helps!

Greetings Wicky.

Show original message
  • 42 messages
  • April 13, 2011 10:59

Dear Erik,

Please no country codes for the number. It has nothing to do with the number. Just separate, please.

Wicky says, "A number is a number, and a code is a code, ... period"

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 13, 2011 10:34
added
prices
reviews

Yes and no. The point is that TNTpost also publishes the 'frame' within the regular program with a standard image. Sometimes that frame is never even used for making 'own' stamps.

In fact, these are regular issues that are confusingly referred to by TNT as 'Personal stamps'. But there is nothing 'personal' about it, the only thing is that the same frame design is used for making the personalized stamps. They are also simply printed in one multi-color print run. Sometimes multiple regular issues are issued based on that frame.

In addition, there are also the parallel editions printed in one multi-color print run (TNT refers to the B emissions) that are issued on the basis of the frame. These B-emissions that are not included in the NVPH basic catalogs are not simply for sale at postal price, are not in the supplements and are usually also often only offered in tying. (or as a premium)

Finally, there are the 'real' personal stamps that are produced by companies and private individuals in quantities from 10 pieces. A personal image is printed in an already printed frame.

To make it even more complicated, some issues from the B program, such as the 'intro' stamp of the subscription series such as Donald Duck and 1950s) are for sale for nominal at the post offices. These stamps will be included in the NVPH again

Because this is very confusing, we are going to rename the personal stamps that are just regular issues. Within the personal stamps there must be a clear separation between the B issues and the "real" personal stamps. It goes without saying that the latter type can never be completely cataloged and completed.

A complication is therefore the first stamps of the subscription series such as Donald Duck., Which are partly regular and partly belong to the B-issues.

Well, TNT post couldn't make it any easier ....

Incidentally, exactly the same is happening in many other countries.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 13, 2011 09:35
added
prices
reviews

I hope the ISO list is going to be a relief, at the moment it is not really workable.

??

I think this is a bit of a strange and unsubstantiated comment, so it is not about whether or not to add (which will soon be automatic and where there is no difference between the current and ISO code) but about the usability of the current code .

In the first place, the current country code is perfectly usable and recognizable for every Dutch language, probably even more recognizable than the ISO code. (I'm sure not everyone knows the ISO code of Austria, now it is OOS). Now you can handle this very well even without an ISO table, later you will have to consult the ISO table every now and then. It is only difficult for someone who does not speak Dutch. (But wicky just speaks Dutch ....) So not for the input, but for your order overviews.

There is no doubt that the ISO is more logical and much better from an international perspective (but does not make it more convenient for a Dutch person).

The code is now important on the order forms, among other things, and is excellent for every Dutch speaker. In fact, WITHOUT these lamd codes, the order lists (I get a lot of orders with stamps from all countries crisscrossing each other, you really cannot always recognize the country from the images on the print) would be unusable for me. So I work with it in practice, and it works really well.

But I also understand from this somewhat loosely released remark by Wicky that it is very important that there is a country code in front of the number ... And that pleases me again.

Show original message
  • 42 messages
  • April 13, 2011 09:18

I hope the ISO list will be a relief, at the moment it is not really workable.

@Sinbad,

If you still need help making that list, let me know!

Greetings Wicky.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 13, 2011 00:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I always thought that personal stamps were pictures of your own photos etc.

Isn't that so?

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 22:24
April 12, 2011 22:24

Who knows which catalog no this is, I am lucky that this is the imperforate 7IIv
J.B. Moens 200 pieces ??? only a few stamps were canceled
Given the wide edges, I know that it is a real imperforated stamp
Are these rare on letter ????
A small corner of the seal is loose and the imperforated seal appears to be with original eraser.
The proofs are without gum.
Can't find a single copy on the internet at auctions in the past which is the same, will post a picture of it in the shop. Not for sale, given the poor quality of the letter.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 21:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Uncle Ali says a small defect is okay as long as it is not noticeable in daylight.

And he doesn't care at all in the dark (the old boy)

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 21:36
April 12, 2011 21:36

Have a stock book which has been selected, from nr 80 the quality is perfect
And there are more of most series on offer,
This first book also contains many stamps with only a minimal defect.
Including 3 x no.18 unused etc no.24 / 25/26/29/34 to 42/47 etc
Also nr 1/2/3 etc. but all broached here or there,
Consider offering good quality more important than quantity,
I still have to completely check the other 3 books, and I do this only in daylight.
In a hurry that material is 98% the same

Thanks Jan

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 21:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Jan,

Uncle Ali's preference is from after 1995 but yes that is not allowed .... unfortunately his wife is also from before 1940

If you really want to sell, my advice is to put everything on it.

The more on it, the more choice, the more likely you are to sell something

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 21:05
April 12, 2011 21:05

Hi Sinbad

Well, it is not much, but NL before 1940 is my preference,
I have a reasonable stock 25% I have offered, first see if there is interested before offering more.
I do not collect anything else, it may well be that I still start with something or another

Mvg Jan

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 20:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And about your shop,

I have 675 items in my Shop and by Catawiki standards that is a very small shop

You something of 124 and sorry I am honestly not very exciting except for a single stamp

Someone like Erik Boere has almost 62,000 items, which is a lot more exciting

Do not expect miracles, like my uncle Ali Baba, he has been praying 5 times a day for 40 years and his wife is still ugly but her mustache (and sagging breasts) has grown impressively by now

He also prays for a big treasure, his baby now weighs 134 Kg so it works

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 20:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Jan,

Doesn't matter anymore, don't do anymore.

Welcome to the Catawiki forum

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 20:22
April 12, 2011 20:22

Hi Sinbad

Do you see beginner problems, never get on these kind of forums

So you see, but the first sentence is correct, all beginnings are difficult

Thanks Jan

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 20:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Dear Jan,

Sometimes I am too short-sighted or just a little too rude, but try to explain, defend or sometimes have to (MMGGGGRRR) just agree with the other, but with a new message after the reaction of a fellow Forum- user this because the reaction of the co-user still makes sense, I said it bluntly in my previous post (but was also a bit pissed off)

But when you changed your message after my response to your message everything that was in capital letters to lowercase, you made my response (and now also changed via change message) completely ridiculous.

That is a bit of cheating

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 19:57
April 12, 2011 19:57

Hi Sindbad, good tip changed it to lowercase thanks

Thanks Jan

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 19:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Stay calm and don't worry about it ... will come naturally to ZEN

my uncle Ali Baba says (like Wicky): bending to Mecca 5 times a day also works

(PS, you only have the Netherlands, from before 1940 but it will (unfortunately) not be really exciting, if you have beautiful China of the cultural revolution or an interesting topic it will probably go better)

Oh Jan and if you do or say something on this forum and then there is a response and then via change message that changes again quickly so that those who have (or in that case had) responded to this complete gibberish is not neat, just like everything in Type uppercase letters, luckily I figured it out in time otherwise you would have put me in front of L * L,

Don't edit posts (at most spelling mistakes) if someone else has already commented on them.

Then justify or justify everything in a follow-up message

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • April 12, 2011 19:20
April 12, 2011 19:20

HI COLLECTORS

Every beginning is difficult on a new collectors site

Who has good sales tips for me, eg how do I get collectors to my shop.
Where can I best advertise my shop
Be ready before the shop is filled with fun stamps, so promotional tips are more than welcome

MVG JAN

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • April 12, 2011 18:21
April 12, 2011 18:21

New Zealand seems to work fine for me in various browsers. To be sure, I test on this url: http://www.catawiki.nl/ catalog / stamps / countries-areas / 153001-new zealand . Is this page still not showing shading for you?

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 12, 2011 17:44
added
prices
reviews

@Sinbad @postmaster

I think it will be a huge job indeed, and the ISO makes it even more complicated.

Shall we indeed leave it for a while while waiting for the ISO list?

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • April 12, 2011 15:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

At the moment I am already working on the ISO / Country list as a result of the management meeting, I am still in the A including countries that no longer exist post-technically, it will really become many countries and areas if we merge / separate everything out. becoming more and more unclear, I think we should first have a complete Country List without Aliases to see what is smart, and workable / clear

Show original message
Go to page
25of 33,551