Go to page
25of 49
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 11:12
added
June 07, 2013 11:12

Who can tell me how far the power of administrators extends?

I disagree that administrators can just disapprove items without consulting beforehand. Entering it is a lot of work and if it is just picked up you have to look everything up again.

I think this is very unreasonable and especially if they are wrong.

I plead for an opinion instead of a disapproval.

I would like to hear opinions about this.

Greeting

Willem

Arobesqueshop

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • June 07, 2013 11:54
added
prices
reviews

When approved, administrators never frivolously disapprove of anything. If they are convinced that something is duplicate or should be rejected in its entirety for some other reason, for example because no own images have been used or it has been entered in a very wrong section, then there is usually a reason. disapproval given to the importer.

Because a lot is entered, something can of course go wrong in the assessment of the manager. It is best to discuss this with the relevant administrator. If you feel that you are really being treated unreasonably, you can possibly raise this with us.

To be on the safe side, administrators are volunteers who do a great job keeping the catalog in order as much as possible. We all benefit from that.

Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 12:07
added
June 07, 2013 12:07

Hello Rene,

thank you, but if it concerns, for example, an alleged wrong section, then the item can also be changed after consultation?

Willem

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • June 07, 2013 12:21
added
prices
reviews

The tricky part is that all sections have different input fields and the transfer is therefore still a complex and time-consuming process that only a select group of administrators can perform.

That explains why importers are often asked to enter it in the correct section instead of being moved by an administrator to the correct section.

This is something for us to improve even more so that the transfer by administrators will work more easily and more administrators have this option.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,756 messages
  • June 07, 2013 13:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It also has something to do with the quality of the input, of course. Things that are stuffed into the catalog with minimal information for the sole purpose of having them auctioned do not really invite you to invest a lot of management time in order to transfer and rectify that. If the things that were rejected were a little bit the level of this item (which must therefore also be rejected immediately) I completely understand the administrators involved.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 07, 2013 14:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

(which must therefore also be rejected immediately)

That is therefore also immediately rejected.

Show original message
  • 2,192 messages
  • June 07, 2013 14:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

3670187 then anyway?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 07, 2013 14:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, even.

Show original message
  • 1,756 messages
  • June 07, 2013 14:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Sic transit malum input ......

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 07, 2013 14:48
added
prices
reviews

Nor does the power lie with the administrators.

More the involvement of the importers in the catalog.

Take this item clear to fill the screen what has been posted, only the link with the net for what the content is missing

Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 15:49
added
June 07, 2013 15:49

Thank you Dick52,

so it's mine! But it has not been rejected either.

Willem

Arobesqueshop

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 07, 2013 16:27
added
prices
reviews
Hi Willem but not approved either. Now maybe we both have a different hat on, but whether this item is an added value to the catalog? I only see a box with the content? As a second scan we expect the tracks overview. in this case we don't even see any tracks added. You started with the question of power of administrators? Earlier you can ask the question about the involvement of the administrators. If we want to see this item in the catalog, it will take you at least half an hour as an administrator. To display the item correctly, adjust the scans and add tracks. Take the EPs that you have placed. What is simpler to place them nicely with the help of printer / scanner? And the strength of Catawiki is precisely the volunteers who put time and energy into the catalog, which in this way of importing you reasonably undercut. This item 3789555 can reasonably be placed in the catalog, an administrator has lost at least fifteen minutes. With still inadequate scans, a very motivating activity. Rejection is not immediately the option! Although?
Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 18:26
added
June 07, 2013 18:26

Hello Dick,

we are indeed wearing a completely different hat.

Catawiki advertises the auctions a lot and is of course looking for many suppliers/sellers and buyers.

I am such a supplier and I am not waiting for my products to be rejected for the lots.

I am also a collector so I understand your point of view, but if you go into the matter of collecting well, then there is so much that is missing, for example in music, which is my specialty. If you want to know something about the Beatles or Stones in terms of discography, you go to specialized sites.

In my opinion, the auction section of Catawiki is quickly becoming the most important aspect. That is a pity for the collectors, but it is logical that the sellers cannot spend whole days importing them. there are also many professionals among them.

Those 2 things collide with each other and should be pulled apart in my humble opinion.

Greeting

William

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 07, 2013 18:57
added
prices
reviews
Dear Wim, do not take it personally, but that grocery mentality is ruining the concept! Which organization store company, shop etc gets free so much know-how effort almost free thrown into his lap such a large target group you also know what a shop window in a city costs and how small your target group then you can start advising in a newspaper, if necessary via your own site, etc. Think with a multitude of costs. I estimate and know for sure to be able to approach such a specific target group and also to get the free cooperation of collectors and administrators (for free is 0 €) you will have to search for a long time. And that Catawiki needs income is not the point either. But if you have to fill 0.1% of the time spent by the administrators, I estimate that you are getting a sleep short. Together we make Catawiki, some have the advantage of being able to place their collection, and others sell it in both advantage but starting point is the catalog, you let go of that concept you become an Ebay and who is waiting for that !?
Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • June 07, 2013 19:04
added
prices
reviews

Sic transit malum input ......

Salvo errore et omissione .....

Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 19:08
added
June 07, 2013 19:08

Hello Dick,

yes, you definitely have a point there.

I can't wait for eBay either. I'm a Catawiki fan, I think it's a fantastic concept in itself.

But I think I have a good point too.

Think about what the future will look like. catawiki is making great progress with their auctions, they also go international.

Then it is not at all difficult to imagine that there are fewer and fewer collectors, but more and more dealers. And they will have less and less appetite to fill in all that data.

Now there are about 90,000 affiliates, but soon perhaps 500,000 and then?

Greeting

William

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • June 07, 2013 20:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Dear Willem, You are missing one very important point in your argument, namely that a correct and as extensive as possible input improves the saleability of the item. And with that power of the administrators it is not too bad. If we were really strict, most of the auction entry would probably be disapproved. I am not against traders, but doing something back for what they are offered does not seem to be asking too much.
Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • June 07, 2013 20:42
added
prices
info pages

As a collector, I love salespeople who don't do their homework. That will give me the best bargains.

The better the description, the greater the chance that other people will find the offer and outbid me.

Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 21:05
added
June 07, 2013 21:05

Hello Big Bad Wolf,

Thank you for your contribution. I totally agree with that, but if the administrator is wrong then it is very annoying and the item is already rejected.

I also do not want to disparage all administrators. I can remember that you sometimes corrected me in the beginning, but in a very positive way.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 07, 2013 21:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Everything stands or falls with a good input, or a start of it.

This should also be rejected, I think. Sorry, but this was just intentionally entered incorrectly and not an accident.

And at this and this and this and this also has to be checked whether they can be admitted, especially if you look at image 2. But of course I can be wrong.

And these I don't trust either.

A little self-perfection wouldn't hurt, I think.

Al I agree wholeheartedly that the auctions should be completely disconnected from the catalog. At the moment, that link radiates a kind of false reliability. And I don't like that.

Show original message
  • 2,422 messages
  • June 07, 2013 22:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And at this and this and this and this also needs to be checked carefully to see if they can be admitted, especially if you look at image 2. But of course I can be wrong.

Those are bootlegs, no more than a blank cover with a pasted plate on the front see: this

Only it is a pity that not all images are the same size.

Also saw that I have to add some extra images to my previously entered bootlegs .....

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 07, 2013 22:03
added
prices
reviews
@arco, those bootlegs were indeed released that way in the early 70s, that was the klloijo you never knew what you bought so I definitely have 3 x let it be recording on the most beautiful LP titles just like that Christmas album And of course I agree with you disconnect once or if you keep the coupling just much stricter requirements We have had the ticket to ride story I have black on eit from auction master that item is going to be adjusted, he may believe it but I certainly do not! I am not an auctioneer but I would not like to have it in the auction as an auctioneer!
Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • June 07, 2013 22:14
added
June 07, 2013 22:14

Hello Arco,

All these LPs are 100% correctly entered there is nothing wrong with that. Now you are entering dangerous territory, those backs are like that and since the backs are required to be depicted, that is indeed a strange sight yes.

What's wrong with it? Woodstock booklet? It is mine too and it was not entered incorrectly at all on purpose. Where do you think the mistake is?

Today I saw a whole series of lots at the art auction that have no catalog items attached at all! I thought this was not allowed?

Dick, what's the story behind Ticket to Ride?

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • June 07, 2013 22:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well, 100% correct ... I do have the impression that image 1 here and there comes from other websites. And that is not the intention.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 07, 2013 22:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Now you are entering dangerous territory.

There is no dangerous territory here, mind you. It is always very pleasant here.

But of course I can be wrong.

And now I am quoting myself. I do not understand bootlegs.

But if image 1 is suddenly flawless compared to image 2, then I do indeed think it is not a scan of your own item. Same goes for that book. And what's the point of such a tiny Image 3?

Show original message
Go to page
25of 49