4of 4
  • 5 messages
  • December 06, 2008 18:13
added
prices
December 06, 2008 18:13

I wonder how the control / editing works on the input at Catawiki, especially on double (unnecessary) input.
For example, on 4-12 I enter Flor de Luna part 2 and on 5-12 Spirit does this too. Spirit also adds a back of the cover and the price I believe, but it is certainly the same book. This album is now twice in the Rolling Eyes database. It was better to merge these two.
I personally think the database should be as clean as possible. That also simplifies the input and what pressure it should be, etc. I think, people should just add their own notes. So separate covers and releases etc. But an album is an album. With Alex I also see a lot of duplicates: first edition, reprint and another year ??

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 06, 2008 19:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Olsimar,
You entered the French-language edition and Spirit the Dutch-language version the day after.
That seems completely correct to me and I therefore approved both. we are going to fix that.
Of course, it can always happen that there are duplicate items in Catawiki, especially with very complex series something sometimes goes wrong, including me.
But as soon as this is discovered, we will take one of the two out.
And the value that everyone attaches to information is of course subjective. I myself have nothing at all with prices and dimensions, but again with printing.
And you don't attach any importance to that.
However, due to the different versions / printings, it is very important that both the front and the back of an album are added, especially if it is a reprint.
Otherwise it is sometimes difficult to judge whether or not a book is already in the database.
Take Flor de Luna as an example: if you had added a back cover there I hardly had to think.
Also sometimes yummy. (;-)

Show original message
  • 5 messages
  • December 06, 2008 19:11
added
prices
December 06, 2008 19:11

Ok, I see it already. I was not aware that I had entered French as the language. I don't have one either (if I had a command of the French language, but then I knew about comics… ;-))
So mine can be removed, the cover is also Dutch.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 07, 2008 20:47
added
prices
reviews

And he is gone.

Show original message