25of 44,267
  • 18 messages
  • October 08, 2008 08:32
added
prices
reviews
October 08, 2008 08:32

Hello, here is my first post.
I am also in favor of such a consultation per series. Especially when it comes to the different pressures. This may mean that some duplications have to be cleared. I think it would be best to do this in consultation with a number of them.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 07, 2008 11:30
added
prices
reviews

The search results are now always grouped by main category (Comics, Books, Music, etc.) and are shown in a more logical order (for example, in Comics, Series first, then Authors, etc.)
Anyone who has made a suggestion for this: thank you very much for reporting!

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 06, 2008 22:52
added
prices
reviews

Dear Catawiki User,
The third newsletter already. We try to do this weekly and have been around for over 3 weeks. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please reply to this email with “Unsubscribe” in the subject.
Comic Days
Catawiki was present at the Stripdagen in Houten. We had a great run-up to our booth and spoke with enthusiastic (prospective) users for 2 days. That was fun. Quite a few artists also came along who discovered albums of their own in Catawiki that they had already forgotten :-) Artist Jean-Marc van Tol van Fokke and Sukke came to give us his compliments. Our film based on the 3D view in Catawiki - option at the top right of the black bar in a photo gallery - attracted a lot of attention. A photo of our booth just before the start of the fair:

Forum
The forum went live last Thursday, accessible via Discover, among other things. Almost 300 messages have already been posted in a few days. So it immediately goes well. You can easily post a message yourself. Just try (log in first).
Contest!
On the forum you will find a message about the Catawiki Comics Competition in the Comics section under “Comics in general” ( http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/strips-nieuws/t ... ) with great prizes including an original Blake and Mortimer album from the Lombard Collection and a rare and precious Leblon-Delienne Gaston Flater lamp (issued in a limited edition). You can see this on the next photo of our booth:

Other improvements to the site

• The option “Add image” with which you can quickly add images to an item without seeing the other entry fields. Handy, for example, to quickly add a cover to comics that is still missing.
  • At Comics you can now see the relevant series in the left column at authors and publishers. This is very good for clarity.
  • The speed of a number of functions has been greatly improved. For example from the main Comics page and from viewing all collectors and their collection or shop. Due to the rapidly increasing number of visitors to the site, we have to monitor the performance well.
    Actions for the coming period
  • Presenting search results more logically.
  • In Comics improve how story entry works.
  • In Comics the grouping of album series (we got a good tip about this through the forum, so do not hesitate to let us know your wishes).
  • Improving the administrator website so that the administrators can properly manage the entered and existing data.
  • Creating new collection areas in consultation with collectors with a lot of expertise (including enamel billboards, Film / TV / Game collectibles, trading cards, games and puzzles).
    Finally: have you not yet placed a picture in your profile? Then do that. It makes the site much more fun. It may be a photo of yourself or a picture that represents you.
    Have fun on our site!
    René and Marco
    Catawiki
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 06, 2008 20:29
added
prices
reviews

Dear Catawiki User,
Catawiki is already 2 weeks old. We receive many positive responses. Publishers, distributors and draughtsmen come up with additions themselves. Experts in areas such as Prins Valiant, Tex Willer and Advertising Strips register as manager. We are all very happy with that!
Clippings / Pre-Publication in Comics
We received many suggestions on the previous Catawiki News. A number of them have been implemented immediately and other issues have been added to our to-do list.
One point that was often reported was that pre-publications in magazines or newspapers - in cut-out form also called “clippings” - were annoyingly placed between the regular albums. This gave a messy picture. We solved this by no longer showing “Snip” items by default. They are not added to the regular items until you check the box next to “Pre-publications / clippings” in the black bar above a photo gallery, list or showcase page. If you add a whole series to your collection in bulk, the clippings will not be added.
The pre-publications are interesting because they indicate when stories were first published. Sometimes it also concerns stories that have not been published or have not been published in the same form as an album.
Example without Pre-publications / clippings:

Example with Pre-publications / clippings:

Help wanted: old comics for the movies!
We are making a video for our stand at the Stripdagen. It offers a bird's eye view of Dutch Comic Strip history based on all items in Catawiki. The period before the war can be represented even better in this. Jilles Bijsterveld in particular has already added quite a few pre-war comics, but some prominent editions are still missing. For example Prikkebeen's early editions (who will add the first?) We would like to ask you to add old comic items that are not yet in the catalog if possible. It is also very welcome to add missing covers of old editions.
See you next weekend in Houten during the Comic Strip Days!
Kind regards,
René Schoenmakers and Marco Jansen - Catawiki

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 06, 2008 20:23
added
prices
reviews
Dear Catawiki User,
Catawiki is now a week old. Hundreds of items are already being added and improved to the catalog every day. We are very happy with that!
Something New
As of today, Catawiki offers something new: the possibility to add an entire collection area to your collection in one go. This can be a complete series, but also everything from, for example, a particular author, artist or publisher.
Very useful if you have (almost) everything from a certain collection area. It is then faster to add everything to your collection and then delete what you are missing. A number of users have asked us for this option and we would love to hear your feedback.
How does it work?
In a collection area you will see the option in the left column: “Add bulk to your collection”. If you choose this, you will get a pop-up in which you can indicate in which condition most of the items you have are. Everything is added in that condition, you can later change what is not correct. This is what it looks like:

When adding in bulk, a distinction is made between adding regular items and adding curiosities. For the latter you must first click the Curiosa option in the left column.
In Comics you can also first select an Album Series within a Series. Then only that Album series will be added and not the entire series.
What else can you expect?
In the coming weeks we will be adding a lot of new things to the site. We are still full of plans and the site could be much better. Here is a small selection:
  • a forum (starting next week);
  • mentioning Magazine publications / Clippings in Comics separately: they are now sometimes a bit annoying between the albums; they can be retrieved separately and are then no longer visible by default;
  • In Comics, the collection areas of Authors and Publishers also contain lists of the series they have made or published, so that there is an immediate overview;
  • the “Background Information” option for each collection area in which information about the collection area itself can be added.
    Feedback ?!
    We would also like to hear from you so that we can properly prioritize! We would like to ask you to give us feedback. We are very curious about your experiences with Catawiki and what you would like to see improved. Send us an email!
    Comic Days
    If you are going to the Comic Strip Days in Houten on 27 and 28 September, do not hesitate to drop by our booth (no. 82) at the book fair. We would also like to meet you in person!
    Kind regards,
    René Schoenmakers and Marco Jansen - Catawiki
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 06, 2008 16:38
added
prices
reviews

We haven't done anything about it yet, but it's nice that it works again :-)
There are issues with adding and editing Stories. We will solve this quickly.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 168 messages
  • October 06, 2008 16:33
added
prices
reviews

Apparently it works now ...

Show original message
  • 164 messages
  • October 06, 2008 12:29
added
prices
reviews

Anyway, the purchase value is much easier for the average visitor to enter than the catalog value. For the catalog value you really have to be a comic book dealer, because then you have real expertise in this area.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 05, 2008 16:59
added
prices
reviews

Hey, that should work fine in IE7 . Not so. Let's have a look at it soon.

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • October 05, 2008 11:41
added
prices
reviews

IE 7 .0

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 05, 2008 11:13
added
prices
reviews

Our idea is to have a specific forum in each collection area (which can be a series, author, publisher, etc.) that is part of the overall forum you are currently on.
For example, if you click on Forum at Bommel en Tom Poes or at Toonder, you will enter a specific forum where you can discuss everything about that specific topic.
The idea is not to create a forum for each area beforehand, but only to do so with the first post. We still have to work this out a bit further. Maybe you have ideas about this too?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 05, 2008 11:03
added
prices
reviews

I have added a clearer number of series and album series in your collection to our list.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 05, 2008 11:00
added
prices
reviews

If you want to add a second author (screenwriter, draftsman, ...), you will no longer see a drop-down list that automatically completes what you have already entered.
I think this is a browser specific problem. I'm fine in Firefox. Which browser are you using?
Furthermore, there are indeed still problems with introducing stories that we want to do something about quickly. It is true that now you can only add 1 story for a new item and more when changing. High on our ToDo list.
Indeed, it is better to always get the name from the dropdown. This prevents the unnecessary creation of an author or series that differs from the existing one.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 04, 2008 22:40
added
prices
reviews

I'll discuss this with Marco sometime.
I personally found the quote difficult because it is indeed not closed.
I think we should at least take a look at the explanation.

Show original message
  • 164 messages
  • October 04, 2008 22:16
added
prices
reviews

the formatting options of the forum may still require a little too much intelligence; I had to change my post 4 times before I realized how a quote works… is it possible to work with an open / close code that is common in other forums?
bold text [/ b]
[i] for italics [/ i]
[quote] for a quote [/ quote]
etc…
and then without the spaces in it.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 04, 2008 20:03
added
prices
reviews

Search for ISBN I put on our to-do list. What we want to do is offer more extensive search options on the search results page, also in other fields and, for example, in specific areas such as shops or users.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,272 messages
  • October 04, 2008 20:01
added
prices
reviews

As long as you do not close your browser and log out of our site, you do not have to log in again when you return to Catawiki (even if you have viewed other sites in the meantime). So the tip is not to close your browser but to minimize it if you are doing something else.

Show original message
  • 164 messages
  • October 04, 2008 19:09
added
prices
reviews

And that he also remember which topics on the forum I have read and which not? Because I think I only see those green "unread" icons when a new message is posted during my current login time ...

Show original message
  • 164 messages
  • October 04, 2008 18:22
added
prices
reviews

That's why I said:
“You can also overcome this by also taking the purchase date as a value; that you only include "fresh" data from the past few years. "

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • October 04, 2008 18:04

removed

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • October 04, 2008 18:01

removed

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • October 04, 2008 16:44
added
prices
reviews

Is it possible to avoid having to log in every time you visit the site? Using a cookie or something?
Now I often visit the site several times a day and every time I have to log back in ...

Show original message
  • 177 messages
  • October 04, 2008 15:05
added
prices
reviews

I haven't had any problems with that. What strikes me is that you add an item the first time, you can only fill in a story, artist and writer once, then save and edit the item again to add the following stories.
I also notice that you sometimes have to wait for a response from DBS which will automatically show the selection list.
What I always do to be on the safe side is not to enter the full name, so that the drop-down list appears, and I can click on the correct name.

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • October 04, 2008 14:54
added
prices
reviews

If you want to add a second author (screenwriter, draftsman, ...), you will no longer see a selection list that automatically completes what you have already typed in.
This means that you can still enter the same author incorrectly with the result that a new author is supposedly created.

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • October 04, 2008 11:02

Removed

Show original message
Go to page
25of 44,267