5of 5
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 402 messages
  • July 18, 2020 10:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The question is whether this post is appropriate here, but I've decided to post it anyway!

This morning I did my weekly shopping at the Albert Heijn. When I have fully loaded my cart, I can't help but walk past the rack with the magazines to see if there is anything new / special to be found.
Similarly this morning. And what catches my eye ... an exclusive Albert Heijn Collection Donald Duck pocket. That's nice, finally another special release next to everything else that appears.
Unfortunately, the fun was short-lived when I turned the book and saw the price… € 5.75!
And that for an AH promotional booklet which is half the thickness of a normal pocket, but is sold for the full price!

So I put it back right away. If I want to get screwed I'll go elsewhere.
At the German REWE they did a similar promotion in 2017 when a pocket cost € 3.99. Still quite a lot of money for a promotional item to get the supermarket in the picture, but considerably less than the price that the AH asks. And the pockets in Germany are already more expensive.

My advice… don't buy! Even if it was just a silent protest against the high price they are asking!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 18, 2020 10:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There are 4 different ones. The intention is not that you buy them, but that you take them for free with certain promotional products, for example soup next week. I think they only put that price on it to make you think that they are giving something very valuable as a gift.

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • July 18, 2020 10:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Then they put them in the store too early ... there is no action at all (yet) and they are just at the magazines. If I see that as a harmless consumer and buy while I will (possibly) get them for free with my purchase next week, I feel extra screwed ...

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 18, 2020 10:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That's right. This week you will receive the VI holiday book with promotional products. So from Monday Duck-pocket 1.

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • July 18, 2020 10:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You're right… I just received the bonus folder from the AH and it looks like all Donald Duck collectors will have to get Unox soup products next week.

By the way, I will stick to my earlier point that the booklets should not have been put in the store by then… that sharply wrong expectations!

Show original message
5of 5