Go to page
25of 32
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 54 messages
  • March 29, 2009 09:51
added
prices
reviews

My intention is to start a discussion on this forum to arrive at a uniform naming convention for the various comic series.
What I have noticed is that, including myself, many people, including administrators, have different standards.
I think it's time to come to a uniform naming convention together!
In this topic we can discuss all “X-series”.
So if you run into a problem or have a question ask it here!
Together we have to figure it out!
My first suggestion is to enter “X-Men” in series/heroes and not “X-Men”.
The Dutch editions of Z-Press are now also called X-Men.
Furthermore, different translations have been used for various series over the years, such as Avengers- >Retributors ->Avengers etc.
“Linking X-Men to X-Men seems like a good idea to me.
NB: With album series we can of course use the Dutch name, after all this is on the cover.
I also suggest placing the various Giant Size series from Marvel as separate album series.
So: Giant Size: Astonishing XM and Vol 1, Giant Size: X-Men Vol 1 etc etc.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • March 29, 2009 15:49
added
prices
reviews

Very nice, I'm almost about to start entering my English X-Men numbers, so now I know where I stand.
But now this:
In the US, a distinction has been made since 1975 between the X-Men and the Uncanny X-Men .
This was done to differentiate the original team X-Men with Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman (X-Men Nos 1-66, with reprints of Nos 67-93) from the 2nd team using the baton as the true took over from Giant Size X-Men # 1 (and thus # 94 and later), with Cyclops, Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Banshee and Nightcrawler.
I personally am in favor of making this distinction in Catawiki as well.
The X-Men Series, Vol. 1 has been officially renamed Uncanny X-Men from No. 94 onwards.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • March 29, 2009 16:34
added
prices
reviews

From the 1990s, the naming becomes very complicated, see Wikipedia ...

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • March 30, 2009 01:10
March 30, 2009 01:10

English can be distinguished from now on by USA (American comics) and UK (English comics) e.e.a. is also already mentioned in the input field. And there is no volume 1, the main sequence is automatically volume 1 so we don't need to mention that. NB It is important that this applies to all comic series . Only volume 2 applies to the 2nd series of the same name. In the case of Amazing Spiderman, who are now named as: Amazing Spiderman 1963-present (USA) and the series from 1/58 in between (1999-2003) as: Amazing Spider-man vol 2 (USA) is a volume 3 not there because after that Marvel just continues with 1963-present. For an unambiguous entry of the album series I would like to opt for the http://www.comicpriceguide.com/ p-issues.asp? t_I… , those series are fixed worldwide and then we don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Tonight I entered the missing covers of the Dutch Spiderman / Spider-Man and made that series the same as the main series of Spider-Man.
Please answer your opinion and the question above, with X-Men I wanted to do the same, I assume you too, but which main series do you want for the other main series that have stopped? The last Dutch or the American ongoing?

Show original message
  • 77 messages
  • March 30, 2009 15:54
added
prices
reviews

I was thinking .. (small thing) Perhaps it would be cleaner to change the English abbreviations US and UK into the Dutch abbreviations US and GB

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • March 30, 2009 16:29
March 30, 2009 16:29

This is a change from English to the foreign name of the country extensions, abbreviated USA and UK. This bearing in mind that foreign users also understand this immediately. Just say like we now also use the English names for the hero and the Dutch as an alias.

Show original message
  • 77 messages
  • March 31, 2009 14:05
added
prices
reviews

The reason I prefer US and GB is not to let the American character of comics dominate on a typical Dutch website, so I would be careful not to avoid English terms as much as possible. Sorry to say it, but I don't believe that foreigners will use this site much unless an English version of it comes out.
But Something else (which has more to do with the topic)
UNCANNY X -MEN
I've been busy uploading ..
Part 1- 66 are in ..
As well as 94-200 (almost)
Parts 67-93 are reprints
Part 94 starts the New X-Men ..
And hence Chijanofuji's comment
to do something with this ..
What do people think of the idea of cutting up the Uncanny X-men album series ..
And if so, what should these subseries be called?
VB
X-Men Vol 1 (US)
X-Men Vol 1 reprints (US)
Uncanny X-men Vol 1 (US)
or for example
X-Men 1963-1970
X-Men reprints 1970-1975
Uncanny X-men 1975-present

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • March 31, 2009 15:06
added
prices
reviews

or for example
X-Men 1963-1970
X-Men reprints 1970-1975
Uncanny X-men 1975-present
I am a big supporter of this bottom variant.

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • March 31, 2009 17:34
March 31, 2009 17:34

Doubleu, I have already given you the answers to both questions in this and other threads ? UK and USA are therefore the correct extensions and volumes 1 in a first series are not used. Regarding the X-Men entries and the volumes in the examples, it's a bad idea to come up with your own series when they already exist. With an unambiguous input, misunderstandings, duplications, etc. are a thing of the past. Another advantage that I mentioned earlier is that administrators can also review more easily. Finally, adjusting afterwards is also a thing of the past. Therefore, please follow the album series of the comic price guide, which are used worldwide and are therefore fixed for all American comics. Again the good link : http://www.comicpriceguide.com/p-issues.asp?t_I… . Regarding X-Men, I just looked up the correct name for you and that good name is :
Uncanny X-Men 1963-present (USA)
At no. 67 in the series, it is possible to indicate in the details that the reprints start here from 12-45 and event. at no. 93 in particular. that they end up there again. These reprints are simply part of the series itself, so we better not cut into them or invent sub-series that don't exist. At no. 94, the start of New X-Men could possibly be mentioned in detail. The series continues until today until nr 507.

Show original message
  • 77 messages
  • April 01, 2009 16:54
added
prices
reviews

You're right Pellucidar :-)
We shouldn't make things up ourselves ... even though that could lead to nice results .. (sorry, chijanofuji)
We keep 1 album series and that is:
Uncanny X-Men 1963-present
Vol 1 is redundant, but please mention Vol 2 Not USA, but USA
Should the Catawikiers of the first hour ever decide to make the site bilingual, it is good that the input (which we provide visitors) gets the original “English” designation.
But then you should call the album series:
Uncanny X-men 1963-present (USA)?

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • April 01, 2009 20:20
April 01, 2009 20:20

comicpriceguide uses -current :), I have freely translated that to the present day. That's a gesture to users who had a 4 on English on their report :)
And of course present could have been done too. Furthermore, great that you share my vision! And .. I wanted to make X-Mannen (Dutch Z-Press) main series of X-Men. Anyone preferences for FF, Vergelders, Spawn etc. the latest Dutch or the American ongoing?

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • April 03, 2009 16:48
added
prices
reviews

We shouldn't make things up ourselves ... even though that could lead to nice results .. (sorry, chijanofuji)
Chuckle.
I did not invent the above myself, but my memory seemed to let me down a bit. I have just figured out exactly how it works. It's a long story, but hey… :-)
The series was originally called simply "The X-Men".
From Giant Size X-Men # 1 and X-Men # 94, the 2nd team was created.
From that moment on they are billed on the covers as “The All-New, All diferent X-Men”, but the title of the series officially remained simply “The X-Men”.
The announcement “All-New, All Different” on the front record lasted from # 94 to # 110.
From # 95, the title page at the top reads “Stan Lee Presents The Uncanny X-Men!”, But the series was still officially called “The X-Men” (the official title can always be seen at the bottom. of the title page).
From # 114 on the front cover also mentions “The Uncanny X-Men”, but again the official title remained “The X-Men ™” according to the title page.
From # 130-141, the bottom of the title page no longer says “X-Men ™”, but “X-Men ™ Vol 1.”
And from # 142 it suddenly reads
“The Uncanny X-Men ™ Vol 1.”
So the whole series actually changed name step by step between 1975 and 1980.
To avoid confusion, fans, graders, and comic book sellers have afterwards renamed the entire series to “The Uncanny X-Men” and I now agree with Pellucidar that we have indeed included the entire series “The Uncanny X-Men 1963- today (USA) ”… :-)

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • April 03, 2009 20:01
April 03, 2009 20:01

Thank you again!

Show original message
  • 215 messages
  • April 30, 2009 11:47
added
prices
reviews

Which heroes do you put together?
to me x-men equals
x-men, astonishing x-men, Young x-men, Uncanny X-men
and it is best to add those name variations as aliases for clarity
now they are partially split up into different series
seems to me to run a bit chaotic now, precisely what we want to avoid
If everyone shares that opinion I will merge everything

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • April 30, 2009 13:31
added
prices
reviews

So we use the name ComicsPriceGuide to fill in the album series.
But if you mean filling in Series / Heroes I wouldn't just lump everything together.
X-Men- X-Men -Astonishing and Uncanny X-Men all seem like X-Men teams to me.
However, the Young X-Men are a completely different team.
After all, they are clearly NOT X-Men just like the New Mutants once were.
Anyone other ideas?

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • April 30, 2009 17:09
April 30, 2009 17:09

For now, please leave it that way 1975.
And to avoid these discussions, I refer again to the comics priceguide that applies to both its heroes and its series.

Show original message
  • 215 messages
  • May 01, 2009 01:40
added
prices
reviews

where can you find the listing for the heroes on comicspriceguide?
x-men, x-men, astonishing x-men and uncanny x-men are always about the same team (the original or the current team that is commonly referred to by name as chijanofuji noted) so they should all be given the same name to avoid polluting the database
now we have
“x-men” with 491 items
“x-men (uncanny x-men)” with 381 items
“x-men” with 74 items
“x-men, astonishing ”with 4 items
so 950 items
which is not correct because in some stories multiple names are included with the hero
filter out the duplicate entries
or will we wait until the numbers have increased by a few thousand to establish clearer rules to avoid mistakes

Show original message
  • 77 messages
  • May 01, 2009 10:47
added
prices
reviews

I agree with Even1975
I think we create a nice overview if we put everything under 1 hero name ..
Whether astonishing, ultimate or uncanny x-men ..
When I want an overview of the astonishing x-men, I sort by the album series in question .. (so that's okay)
I do agree with Fethor, however, that some derivatives of X-men are very far removed from the “original” x-men such as the young x-man ..
I think that for these “extreme” derivatives we have a should make an exception.

Show original message
  • 215 messages
  • May 01, 2009 14:40
added
prices
reviews

young x-men does not belong in the list, I fully agree

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • May 01, 2009 17:32
May 01, 2009 17:32

@ Even1975 and Doubleu, there is only 1 hero and that is X-Men, all other heroes can go. Everything else (often serial names) has been entered incorrectly before. All (derived) series of X-Men, including Young-X-Men and Uncanny X-Men etc. will thus in the future or already have the relevant series name according to comicspriceguide.com as album series.
Same for Avengers, 1 hero, so Avengers, and everything else can go. Then save the strings as CPG .com
I will discuss asap whether it can be automatically merged to 1 hero, which saves a lot of work.
@Doublue, Sin City is wrong to the extent that it should have been UK instead of English, I'll change them.
Correct me if I forgot something?

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • May 01, 2009 20:05
reviews

I will discuss asap whether it can be automatically merged to 1 hero, which saves a lot of work.
Automatic merging is indeed possible. Jilles can help you with that.

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • May 01, 2009 20:30
May 01, 2009 20:30

Okido Marco I'll ask Jilles to do that. Thanks.

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • May 01, 2009 21:10
May 01, 2009 21:10

I have to come back to one thing, Young X-Men can or should even be a separate hero because the motivation of Fethor from yesterday is completely correct. Indeed, to date it looks nothing like the X-Men series we all know.
This leaves 2 heroes with
“X-Men” in them: X-Men and Young X-Men.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • May 01, 2009 22:56
added
prices
reviews

Think of titles like Young Avengers and Dark Avengers.
If Dark Avengers is a Doubt.
Corrupt or Not They Are Avengers.
What do you think =

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • May 01, 2009 23:50
May 01, 2009 23:50

Under construction, there will be 1 Avengers left. We will soon find the various / corrupted names in the album series.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 32