14of 14
  • 34 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:04
added
prices

On 02-03-2013 I have read the book "Fevre dream" (English version) by George R.R. Martin added.

On 04/26/2015 I received an email from a person unknown to me that this book cannot be added to the catalog.

However, it appears that still in the catalog, only it has been removed from my collection.

This of course saves nergen, first wait two years (sic !!) and then remove it from my collection and about that too lie!

Can you stop this please because this will of course further reduce my enthusiasm for your site (which was not that high anyway).

I would also like to know where I can find in the conditions that additions can be removed from someone's collection (after two years) and at the same time can simply remain in the catalog.

Greetings from a very dissatisfied customer (note hey, I consider myself a customer , apparently you think very differently).

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:16
added
prices
reviews

On 26-04-2015 I received an e-mail from a person unknown to me that this book cannot be added to the catalog.

You probably not only placed the item in your collection but also re-entered it into the catalog.

There is then a duplication and these are removed by the administrators of the section. The importer will then automatically receive an email.

Incidentally, it is common for the administrator who removes a duplicate to also indicate where the other copy can be found in the catalog. By removing the duplication, the item will also disappear from collection and / or shop.

This may not have gone well in your case.

Administrators can never delete items from a collection other than described above.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@iebeltje

The tone of your email will not inspire many volunteers to further investigate or explain this to you. Chapeau for Rik for giving a serious answer anyway.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:28
added
prices
info pages

According to the Google cache page this item was indeed still in your collection on March 3. I can't find a duplicate. The item now has a last modification date of 27-04-2015 15:47:17 (without any changes in the History). The only logical explanation I can think of is that you have just removed it from your collection yourself, or that you have put your collection on private.

Who did the email come from? Perhaps that person can shed light on the events.

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:42
added
prices
reviews

The only logical explanation I can think of is that you have just removed it from your collection yourself, or that you have set your collection to private.

Or that the item was entered 2 times by mistake ....

An email will only be sent if an item is deleted ..

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • April 27, 2015 16:52
added
prices
info pages

As I said, Google does not find any duplication, as it would if it had only been removed yesterday. Moreover, this item ( 3546291 was not yet reviewed) in iebeligje's collection, not another. Strange case.

Show original message
  • 34 messages
  • April 27, 2015 17:21
added
prices

My tone was indeed not friendly, I had a good reason for that, after two years remove an item from someone's collection and then say in the e / mail that this item cannot be added to the catalog and in the meantime just go to leaving the catalog in place makes no sense.

I assume that Arco feels wronged, well I would say, books are removed without valid reasons just like that, can you check how I feel after this robbery. His response also indicates that Catawiki is not about the customers but the self-perceived administrators (at least some of them). I also wish and demand that my complaints are taken seriously and are not dismissed as some kind of nonsense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not understand why I have my own collection would not be able to see, even if it is on private, isn't it I myself who wants to look at my own collection?

I entered the book myself in 2013 and added it again today out of courage. my collection, however I have lost my own data (for example purchase date).

Managed Gilles gives at least a normal response after apparently I had a photo from bol.com greuploaded: "Would you have a new image here without Bol.com want to add label ". This gives me the opportunity to correct my mistake without all my notes on the book in question having disappeared.

I do hope that Arco will be more professional, volunteer or not, if he cannot criticize for something else to do that he enjoys more.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • April 27, 2015 17:34
added
prices
info pages

I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to see my own collection, even though it's on private, it is I myself who wants to look at my own collection?

I only indicated that as an explanation for the odd edit date (that bug has been known for years). Indeed, you are the only one who can see it if your collection is private. Just as you are the only one who can remove items from your collection.

If someone else appears to have done that (knowingly or unknowingly) (without removing the entire item), then we have a serious problem.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 27, 2015 17:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You've had terrible luck with Jilles. As soon as we see an image of, for example, Bol.com, such an item may / must be immediately removed.

What bothers me very much is that you immediately express your dissatisfaction on the forum, while you can just send an email to the administrator who has rejected your item. Now there are all people working on your case, without anyone knowing what it is about.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • April 27, 2015 20:11
added
prices
reviews

Greetings from a very dissatisfied customer (pay attention, I consider myself a customer, apparently you think very differently about that).

you may of course wonder what the definition of customer is here

catawiki has no customers they are a platform that earns from auctions (commission that is called)

and in addition, they give the possibility to keep your own collection free of charge add an item to the catalog (there are a few half-crazy :-) like me who try for nothing and nothing in their profession area the double and to improve and/or remove items that have not been placed according to the standard)

and moreover you can buy from shops and or open and sell a shop yourself, this also earns up to 75 € catawiki nothing

Sans Racune Baron

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,421 messages
  • April 27, 2015 21:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Managed Gilles gives at least a normal response after I apparently had a photo from bol.com greuploaded: "Would you like to add a new image here without Bol.com label". This gives me the opportunity to correct my mistake without all my notes on the book in question having disappeared.

Administrator Jilles - please

And for technically inexplicable reasons, this item cannot be rejected immediately, but a number of them have already been rejected for the same reason.

Show original message
  • 1,047 messages
  • April 27, 2015 21:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Iebeltje received an automatically generated removal email due to an action by me. A software malfunction may have occurred during the removal.

For the record:

On April 22, I wrote him this message regarding another book:

"Dear baby,

Can you replace the image with a self-made image asap?

The use of images from other websites is not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, vertigo"

On April 23rd I received this message:

"I assume your avatar is also your own photo, if not delete it."

My answer:

"Thanks for your response, although I don't quite understand the message.
Of course my avatar is a homemade scan.

Please replace the image of the book.

Best regards

vertigo"

To date, he has not taken any (positive) action to replace the image in question. I have since removed a number of his books from the catalog because of the use of images from bol.com. Also some old ones, which we've overlooked in the past.

I'm kind of fed up with customers who steal images from other websites, give rude answers and falsely call me a liar.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 27, 2015 23:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'm not going to claim that I expected something like that, but I am. (;-)

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • April 28, 2015 12:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And hopefully other users will also learn from this to treat the administrators properly and above all not to use images other than those they have made themselves .

As long as you stay polite here on the forum there are always people willing to answer you calmly, but remember that they are (almost) all volunteers who do everything in their spare time.

Show original message
14of 14