12of 12
  • 3 messages
  • March 11, 2009 15:08
added
March 11, 2009 15:08

Question about the Urbanus series.
I have a number of albums of which I don't know how to include them in the catalog (or are they already there…?).
For example, I have an album similar to 27765 , but my album says 1985 and not 1989. Is this another album or a mistake in the data?
In addition, I also have 27776 , but without a gramophone record. Is this a new item or am I adding a comment to my collection?
And finally, how do I see which edition is involved and whether it is a reprint?
I hope someone can help with this…

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 177 messages
  • March 11, 2009 15:54
added
prices
reviews

Hello Veda
27765 is a 1st edition reissue. Perhaps you have the 1st edition? (1st edition).
If you have exactly the same edition 27776 , so no reissue, it concerns no other edition, so you must state in your own data that you do not have a gramophone record with it.
This can also happen, for example, with albums that are sold with and without ex-libris. The album is exactly the same releases, but is sold with ex-libris at a fair, for example, and not in the shop. E.g. the Arcadia series.
How to recognize a 1st edition….
I sometimes find that very difficult.
What I know is that this is noted on some of the releases in the album.
Or on the back cover you often see the released albums, and the current one is listed last, but in some cases not.
Indication of the year of publication can also be an important piece of information.
Perhaps there are collectors who can supplement and / or improve me….

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • March 13, 2009 13:49
added
March 13, 2009 13:49

Ruh,
thanx for the info!
Now the only problem remains how do I see which edition, reprint or reissue I have ...
Anyone else any tips?

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 215 messages
  • March 14, 2009 23:54
added
prices
reviews

album 27765 is the later reissue in color your album will be uncolored and then 27843
the album release can best be determined by the year that appears on it and / or via the back of the album and / or specific characteristics (color or not, soft or hard cover, etc.)
if this does not help you find the right edition, you can always ask around on the forum and hope that an expert can answer.

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 22, 2013 09:40
December 22, 2013 09:40

Hello Veda,

I happened upon this page and saw your question about the Urbanus comics. I own the entire collection in first edition and in absolute mint condition, as well as many out of series and special copies. Recognizing about the first edition: The first six volumes in the first edition are the booklets that are printed in two colors (brown / blue) and provided with staples. editions that are glued are not a first edition anyway, but are often offered as a first edition. (Applies to the first 6 numbers). The numbers 7 to 12 are also printed in these two colors in the first edition and are thus recognizable as first editions. However, these are glued booklets and no longer provided with staples. (So part 7 to 12). So if you e.g. Part 8 is fully in color, it is always a later edition and not a first edition. From volume 13 onwards, the booklets have been printed in full color and the first edition can be recognized on the back. Here is a number more behind on the back. E.g. number 14 will be number 15 at the back as the last title (in preparation). I hope it's a little clear now. Regards, Urban collector and enthusiast R.S.

Show original message
  • 492 messages
  • December 22, 2013 21:31
added
prices

@ roelschroijen : Thank you too! Very useful information. In my opinion, this would certainly not look out of place with the information that you lose about this series can. :-)

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 22, 2013 22:29
December 22, 2013 22:29

No thanks,

It took me a lot of research and effort to figure it out, but in the end I know exactly how it works. If there are any questions, please let me know. Regards R.S.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • April 16, 2015 13:03
April 16, 2015 13:03

I also have about 30 old Urbanus albums in my possession and this forum post has helped me a lot for the time being. Thank you for this, but I still have a question just to be sure.

@ roelschroijen : You writes above '' From volume 13 onwards, the booklets have been printed in full color and the first edition can be recognized on the back. Here is a number more behind on the back. E.g. number 14 is the last title number 15 on the back (in preparation) ''

That last word '' in preparation '' can also be there '' will appear soon '' ?

Then I have a question about the album De Hittentitten don't like it .

Mine is unnumbered and in brown blue printed but glued. No staples.

And yet the follow-up number Het papschoolgenie is announced on the back.

When was it printed? Pretty soon after the first edition? And is this the second or third edition?

Thank you in advance

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • April 16, 2015 19:20
April 16, 2015 19:20

Hello Letang,

as mentioned in my previous response, a glued version of the first six issues of the Urbanus series is never a first edition. These come with staples. The booklet of your question "De Hittentitten" is a second edition. Two unnumbered ones (no number 2 on cover) are known. One is the first edition (stapled and unnumbered) and one is the second edition (glued and unnumbered). You own the second book. There may be idd instead of "in preparation" "will appear soon".

Regards, Roel.

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • April 16, 2015 20:52
added
prices
info pages

Only the volumes published in 1983 (three reprints of volume 1 and two editions of volume 2) mention "in preparation" on the back. From 1984 onwards, the spring roll albums say "will be released soon".

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • October 27, 2018 20:47
added
prices
info pages

Is the Album series Urbanus legitimate? There are only about ten issues in it, and according to history the series was removed in 2011 .

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • October 27, 2018 21:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And they are gone ... Thanks,

Show original message