20of 20
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 28, 2015 17:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Ha! I have the premiere to be the first to post a request here. Very nice that the Videogames finally has its own management section in the forum.

Would anyone this . It concerns Astérix - Le défi de César. The French version of Astérix - the challenge by Caesar , but in French.

Apparently something went wrong in the management, because the image of the back is completely different from that of the game. There is now a back of Alice in Wonderland. However, I cannot see in the history that a different back has been added, but it has already been approved and then as a normal administrator I do not have the rights to reject this. And besides, I am the manager of PC Videogames and not of CD-i.

And of course ask those involved if they want to enter the correct game.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2015 18:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Not confused with this forum? I don't care, you know.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 28, 2015 19:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And besides, I am the administrator of PC Videogames

Speaking of which, the review button doesn't work?

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 28, 2015 22:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Arco: Yes, I posted my message on that too. Is that a mistake then? I thought it was so strange that I didn't see any messages. And actually still not. It's a forum with the same name, so what's the difference with this one, which has a lot of posts in it?

@fazerco: To speak with a great singer: There is so much to do There is indeed still a lot to review, but I'm doing my best. Moreover, it is often also the case that as an administrator you still have to adjust the images and that also takes time. Or you wait for an answer from an importer. I also believe that with video games, the front and the back should be entered. If only a front has been entered, as stated in the rules, then I cannot reject it, but I send an email to the importer to enter the back as well, because only then will I approve it.

And do we have a solution for my question?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • January 29, 2015 09:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Disney
You could have e-mailed me too, I don't bite;)

Was indeed wrong, the correct one is now there.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 29, 2015 11:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Disney,

Mine have front and back sides. And that you must edit images is not in the admin description. Just see if the information is correct / matches and then adjust or reject it.

And ask for complete removal because 1 image is not correct ....... well ......

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • January 29, 2015 17:16
added
prices

I also believe that for video games, the front and back should be entered. If only a front has been entered, as stated in the rules, then I cannot reject it, but I send an email to the importer to enter the back as well, because only then will I approve it.

I totally agree! Back covers can contain a lot of valuable information for collectors. In addition, there are many items of which there are different versions, where the front is the same, but the back is not.

In my opinion, half-filled catalog cards add little to the catalog, but can cause confusion (and extra work for the administrators) because they are not distinctive enough.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 29, 2015 20:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Everyone will be happy when everyone scans the front and back sides. The problem is the games where only cartridges are (left). The cardboard boxes fell with bunches. And then waiting for someone to enter them, which can take a long time in CW given the progress of the past years.

Administrators out there only review PC (Disney) and Videopac, hardware and accessories (Kdamme). The rest will not be checked :-(.

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • January 29, 2015 22:16
added
prices

The cardboard boxes now barely die anymore because thanks to the internet people can very easily find out the value of the (complete) objects.

Do you think that if someone now has a complete Super Nintendo game for 40 euros? who will throw away the packaging?

Let's go back to basics: what do we want most? A video games catalog of 50,000 objects of which only title, platform and scan of the front of the package have been entered, or a catalog of 20,000 objects with almost all information fields filled in?

I go for the last option .

As far as I am concerned, every object in a catalog must be unique. If the entered information is so limited that the object can be for two or more different editions, the entered object's right to exist lapses until the information is completed in such a way that the object is unique.

Someone who is an object or looks up her collection in the catalog, after reading the entered information of an object, you must be sure that it is or is not the object from the collection.

I realize that I set the bar high with this, but I'm going for quality, not quantity. What good is a catalog that leaves you with assumptions after consulting it? A catalog should answer questions, not raise more questions.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I mean more that (just talk your own way) supervision, or megaduck there are few packaging left. I've already entered several, but it's still difficult to find the games with packaging. For example, there will be more old systems where this is for money. These collectors should also be given a chance to enter it and add it to their collection.

The cardboard boxes hardly die anymore because, thanks to the internet, people very easily find out the value of the (complete) objects.

Do you think that if someone buys a complete Super Nintendo game for 40 euros now, they will throw the packaging away?

Well, now people know that these games are worth money with a box. When they were new on the market, many young people bought these games and the boxes had a hard time.

The current packaging is also a lot better.

As far as I'm concerned, every object in a catalog should be unique.

That should be anyway. If you can't find any differences, you can simply duplicate these items. And replenish the original item.

And you may set the bar high, but you are one of the few. You often see that the title and 1 or 2 fields are entered, add an internet image and Kees is done. That bothers me too, but unfortunately there's not much I can do about it.

It is again waiting for a good overall manager.

And some extra input fields of course.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

add internet picture and you're done. That also bothers me, but unfortunately little you can do about it.

Yes, immediately disapprove everything with pictures from the internet.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, immediately disapprove everything with images from the internet.

Sure, but who? (except that I regularly pm Arco)

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

For consoles and accessories, PM me too.

I rarely check those areas, but action can be taken quickly on request.

I do watch the Videopacs regularly .

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:49
added
prices

Yes, immediately disapprove everything with images from the internet.

What about the official product images that are made available by publishers themselves and that are used in many online stores ? Surely they can be used, as long as they are without watermark? You cannot see if they come from the internet anyway.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No, not allowed. You don't want to know how often they are incorrect. The only official images are homemade from collector-owned items.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • January 30, 2015 16:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What about the official product images that are made available by publishers themselves and that are used in many online stores? Surely they can be used, as long as they are without watermark? You can not see if they come from the internet anyway.

Where it says neatly provisional under the Pegi :-)

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • January 30, 2015 17:07
added
prices

No, not allowed. You don't want to know how often they are incorrect. The only official images are homemade of collector-owned items.

I know they don't always add up. But if I compare the object from my collection with such an image and find that they are 100% identical, is it allowed? The quality of those images is almost always better than that of home-made scans.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 30, 2015 17:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No. It is one or the other. And you just have to think like this: that saves you a lot of comparing.

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • January 30, 2015 17:29
added
prices

Obviously.

Well, if only I had more time to spend updating the catalog. My hands are itchy (the positive ones are, eh).

Creating unique catalog items is often a painstaking job (especially with older objects), but I enjoy doing it.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • January 30, 2015 17:37
added
prices
info pages

@Pegag disapprove all images from the internet? Have you ever looked at Lego or Playmobile? There are plenty of them plucked from the internet. Sorry it is oftopic, but it is something I found.

Show original message
20of 20