• 2,917 messages
  • November 15, 2012 21:54
added
prices
reviews

From problems on the site

This subject

Value determination in this section

indeed, the description is not entirely written for the Englishman or Dutchman.

in addition only viewed from the vinyl edition, a translation would be a correct option here, but with CDs, cassettes, tapes, maxi singles?

I don't know if it still matches?

I don't understand prices but maybe there are people who have it in their fingers?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • November 15, 2012 23:53
added

Thought the valuations as stated in the topic under "problems on the site" were once determined for vinyl years ago.

An update to CD or cassette would be needed if something is going to be done with the valuations on CW.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • November 15, 2012 23:55
added

Just a "copy" of the post from the general section.

Half Dutch, half English, shall we say.

Mint (like new)

Absolutely perfect condition in every way. The item should look brand new without any surface wear. The record, cover and any other contents (booklet, lyrics, etc.) must be in perfect condition.

Near Mint (almost new)

A nearly perfect record. The record should show no obvious signs of wear and only minor signs of being played. A 45 RPM or EP sleeve should have no more than the most minor defects, such as almost invisible ring wear or other signs of slight handling. An LP jacket should have no creases, folds, seam splits or other noticeable similar defects. No cut-out holes, either and the same should be true of any other inserts, for example posters, lyric sleeves etc.

Very Good (very good)

A "Very Good" record will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it. There's no major deterioration in sound quality but there maybe slight surface scuffs or very light scratches that don't affect the listening experiences. The label may have some ring wear or discoloration, but it should be barely noticeable. The center hole will not have been mishapen by repeated play. Picture sleeves and LP inner sleeves will have some slight wear. An LP jacket may have slight signs of wear also. In general normal wear and tear on the cover or extra items without any major defects is acceptable.

good

Good does not mean Bad! A record in Good condition can be put onto a turntable and will play through without skipping. But the sound quality will probably have noticeably deteriorated perhaps with surface noise, mild scratches and visible groove wear. The cover or sleeve will have probably have seam splits, scuffing of the edges and/or discolouration.

Fair (reasonable)

The record is probably just playable and/or the sleeve etc will be damaged or torn.

Prices

Catalog prices are automatically rounded:
- up to 0.25 euros on 0.05;
- up to 1 euro at 0.10;
- up to 4 euros on 0.20 or a multiple of 0.50;
- up to 10 euros at 0.50;
- up to 50 euros on 1 or a multiple of 2.50;
- up to 250 euros at 5:00;
- above 250 euros on 25.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • November 15, 2012 23:59
added

Note on the possible translation of:

almost invisible ring wear from the Near Mint category.

Does this mean the circle that you sometimes sees in / on the outer cover that was created because an LP or single lay flat at the bottom of a stack then presses the plate edge against the cover?

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • November 16, 2012 00:01
added
prices
reviews
copy of message DM I hope they will finally respond, because I think this topic has already been discussed. It reads very strange indeed, but I also think there must be a difference in the condition of a medium (record, CD, cassette or something else) and his / her packaging. Often a record is still in a very good condition, but the cover can be in a terrible condition or worse, a condition that is very similar, but a bit less so. Then what to do? That is not well explained and I think Fazerco is asking for that. @DM, ask who are they? And indeed it has been the case before
Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • January 27, 2013 12:43
added

Recently bought a batch of albums for, luckily, not too many.

It turned out that about 5%, not too many, the covers were affected

because the records had apparently been in a damp shed for too long.

Due to a lack of ideas what to do with this, I completely threw them away.

It seems to me that an LP without cover is worthless?

Often a record is still in very good condition, but the cover can be in a terrible condition or worse, a condition that is very bad. seems, but a little less.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 27, 2013 18:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That depends entirely on the plate. If it is a good Beatles record, then you can still find a buyer for it. There are also people who have a record with cover, of which there are a lot of scratches on the record, but the cover is good. Furthermore, it is very common with classic records that they are sold without a cover, but with a factory cover, especially the older records. There was even a discussion about this in which René was also very active. More information can be found at this thread , very nice reading material. It is true that the value will of course go down considerably.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • January 27, 2013 19:44
added
prices
reviews

Even a Beatles, Pink Floyd, and some of those groups, an album that is not in good condition is worth little to nothing.

If a cover looks perfect and also the attachment, you can assume that the vinyl is also okay, at the most that it has accidentally been scratched or has accidentally been placed on the heating

Check out this item but 245133 and then the vinyl above.

TThe cover is perfect the inner sleeve is perfect and what happened to the record I don't know but can only listen to a few songs.

That factory or record stores cover (packaging) were included in the past is true, but that is just the original packaging, and certainly a feast for the eyes, the only question is do you have to include those records and covers as a separate item? I think so!, so far we have not had any problems with that according to my knowledge.

But if you want to assess it properly, the value, you will have to have the right scans. but that's another story

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • January 28, 2013 19:58
added

what happened to the plate I don't know but

Leave it on the parcel shelf of your car lie down in the summer?

Can I remember that something like this happened to my father once.

Borrowed a record to record and forgot about it, after a few hours of sunshine

This LP looked the same as in your photo.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • February 04, 2013 19:43
added

And what about the plates where people put name stickers or category stickers on them that are actually not easy to get off.

Here are some 12 "and what LPs that according to certain catalogs should bring in tens of euros each, vinyl is certainly in very good condition, but yes those stickers.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 03, 2013 18:01
added

Have followed the vinyl auction a few times now and I notice that quite a few items for sale there have (exaggerated?) high yields.

When I look at the Led Zepelin double:

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/143179-led-zeppelin-2lp-led-zeppelin-ii-and-iii-aufon-records- 91-00121-1992-russian-press

I have seen this album sold several times on Marktplaats and the price was usually barely € 15, here it goes for at least do the double.

The same also applies to groups of 7 "singles that are offered.

Do 4 to 5 singles from the same group in reasonable condition just € 20 while

you can easily find the same 4 to 5 for € 5.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • August 03, 2013 18:27
August 03, 2013 18:27

Have followed the vinyl auction a few times now and I notice that quite a few items for sale there have (exaggerated?) high yields.

Many pages have already been written about the pricing at auctions, including on our forum. It all has to do with multiple collectors wanting to have a particular item up for auction at the same time.

For a high yield you need, in addition to a good quality lot, the luck that at least 2 people want to bid against each other. As soon as one of them stops bidding, the price increase also stops. This also means that the highest bidder probably would have liked to bid more, but this is no longer necessary.

This is the rosy side for the seller, the reverse also happens regularly, that items are sold well below the usual market price. Very nice for the alert collector!
That is why we also appreciate the sellers who dare to start with 1 euro. Starting with 1 euro and no hidden reserve price has proven to be very attractive for collectors who want to expand their collection through our auctions.

Show original message
  • 26 messages
  • October 06, 2013 15:42
added
prices

Pricing also depends on things other than just more than 1 person bidding on the same item.

Pressure, first edition, year, quality, popularity in collecting, total circulation, cover art, artist of the cover art, genre, revival of music genre (as now with close harmony), etc.

And of course: wanting to 'have' and complete your collection. someone who is looking for 1 record from the 1967 Eurovision song contest will do more than someone who is looking for 8 of the entire year.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • October 07, 2013 04:51
added

The possible causes of higher prices in auctions will be correct, but I can only see higher prices here.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • October 25, 2013 19:42
added
prices

I couldn't resist responding to this topic.

The reason that some records or other articles bring in a lot of money and sometimes even more than they do on other sites has a name.
This is called Shill Bidding , something that happened on eBay 10-15 years ago and was then put a stop to. Feel free to google and check some examples.

Catawiki will say that this does not happen here, but some people know better. How easy is it to have one of your relatives bid or a good acquaintance.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • October 25, 2013 20:43
added
prices
reviews

Sometimes I also ??? But I would like to believe that it happens, I am sure!

Recently spoke to someone who had put something up for auction when at one point I joined the bid, thought oh shit I bought it myself, his / her luck last higher bid.

But how can you prevent that? I can always use a straw man?

But I look at record auction with my mouth open!

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • October 25, 2013 20:57
added
prices

Hi Dick,

I don't know how to prevent this. The only people who can do this are the owners of the site themselves. They can see in their log-in files which IPs always bid on specific auctions, by which I mean to say, always from the same people and not from others. In 1999, we saw on eBay that it was always the same people bidding on one specific buyer and not others. There was nothing foreclosed at the time and you could view one particular buyer on bids. I don't know if Catawiki is going to change this, because it will cost them money if they do this, you know. I have been selling records at fairs for 25 years and in the past also at international fairs. I can only say that I notice that records that make money here in Utrecht do not sell for half yet.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • October 25, 2013 21:33
added
prices
reviews

Hi, I understand that you can select that, but that is of course not certain that it is the same as or instead of the seller.

Suppose very extreme I collect a group and if an item from that group comes up for auction

Do I want to have that cost does not matter to me having that thing.

I don't have anything to do with the seller so every time a Beatles item comes along I hit it.

(unfortunately my clip is empty)

But I agree with you that I see items moving for prices I think who puts a price like that?

But on the other hand, who are you hurting?

At the most, a higher price is paid, but that is what people are willing to pay for it.

You are not obliged to bid it is not a necessity of life.

but maybe i'm seeing this wrong.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • October 25, 2013 21:47
added
prices

Hi Dick,

It will be hard for me that they do this because I don't offer any record here. The people who sell here don't know how to grade (something they can't do on Marktplaats either), so I like to have it in my hands and I'm sure what I'm buying. That is why I only buy my items at fairs.

For my part, they pay all their benefits or salary, they have to know that for themselves. I can't wake up for a night. you do? It was just a response to someone's comment who noticed this.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • October 25, 2013 22:00
added
prices
reviews

The grading is just a problem while they have given lot contributors the most options to make items visible.

Exceptions disregarded, but a scan of a cover then shows a record

You should try that case on your record player gives me a crap

I myself have indicated that the presentation of those auction lots is often seriously below par.

But it is apparently very difficult to reproduce a plate nicely and well.

But the auctioneer decides whether an item is suitable to be placed.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • October 25, 2013 22:53
added
prices

Grading is and remains a problem. Maybe when everyone starts scanning their plates at 1200 dpi and this upload you can conjure up the scratches with your brightness and contrast. But sites can't handle this size and people can't.

The most sad thing is actually that people are selling records with scans or photos from others, like here or like on Discogs.

By the way, yesterday bid on a record that was on Marktplaats. By chance suddenly saw that the pictures he had used came from the internet, three of them.

The first (front) was from a Dutch edition, the second (back) was from a CD booklet, and the photo of the fold-out in its entirety from an English edition. So you see that you have to pay very close attention and that people are becoming more and more lazy and cheated to take photos or scans.

That's why Exhibitions and nothing else. Or eBay for an extremely rare pressing of which the label alone is interesting enough for me and the condition of the record doesn't really matter anymore.

Show original message
  • 54 messages
  • October 25, 2013 23:28
added
prices

I forgot to say,

If you like these kinds of records, I still have a lot for you that I don't do anything with. I can look them up for you. You pay me the postage and you get the plates for free, nada, I won't do anything with them anyway.

Show original message
22of 22