Go to page
25of 29
  • 134 messages
  • August 07, 2014 10:33
added
prices

Item 3940891 is home industry (photocopied bundling) and therefore does not belong in Catawiki.

Numbers 226917 and4331999 are also dubious

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 07, 2014 10:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The problem is that many self-managed publications, such as fan club magazines, are also home-made, and then the extent to which such an item is distributed plays a role.

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • August 07, 2014 11:47
added
prices

Of course that makes it difficult :-) Not everything that has been photocopied is home industry (eg the first issues of Brabant Strip), but these three, and certainly the first, really look a lot like home industry. Of course I cannot prove that.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • August 07, 2014 12:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Doesn't it also say that it is home industry? I think photocopies are often homemade.

Reject!

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • August 24, 2014 08:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This (all from the same importer) are amateur bundles, or just home craft.

I don't know if it is worthwhile to report, because the previously reported items are also still there.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 24, 2014 09:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, just report. The importer has now been notified.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • October 13, 2014 20:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This fine example of home industry may also be removed.

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/vignanoe-bengels-de/121617-de-vignanoe- bengels

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • October 14, 2014 13:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews
/ catalog / comics / series-heroes / merry-bengels-de / 121617-the-merry-bengels

What strikes me in the history is that so many administrators have approved everything about this. Even the text:

Edition consists of only 10 copies and is made entirely by hand using a color copier. These ten copies are exclusively intended for the private collection of a select group of Suske en Wiske fans.

This just screams HOUSEHOLD !!!

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 06, 2019 17:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think theseFrench piwo editions are also just home industry.

But again, why report if all the items mentioned above just stay in the catalog. Or am I just misinterpreting the term home industry.

I understand that the degree of distribution plays a role, but in this way it seems that the "selection group" that operates the copier also plays a role (or maybe I'm wrong).

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • March 07, 2019 15:17
March 07, 2019 15:17

Well what? It also depends a bit on how well or badly the product is made. Violation of rights is primarily a risk for the formulator and to a somewhat lesser extent for the purchaser. Who cares whether such a thing is on Catawiki or not? You don't HAVE to buy it or put it on your wish list, do you? I myself bought two beautiful French Tintin albums on the Zwarte Markt in Beverwijk .. Almost certain that they are copies and I am very happy with them, because the real albums can be found via google and signed by Rodier and one by Woodman ( would the Tintin rights holders have given permission?) are a lot bigger in size and quite expensive. And who cares whether a booklet was made on a copier or on an offset printing press? Does the limit lie with the edition? It is known that, for example, separate editions were made at Donald Duck when a draftsman left. Ed van Schuilenburg for example. His Duck is also on Catawiki and occasionally appears at the auction. Number 3365303 . I cannot imagine going to an expensive printing company for 10 to maybe 50 copies. As long as it says in the catalog that it concerns an unofficial published comic. Stamps made in-house and not published, but printed (for a high price) by Post.nl are also in the collector's lists. And is a drawing that a cartoonist makes especially and only for the benefit of the auction and does not sell a form of home industry?

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 07, 2019 19:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Does not seem to me the intention that the catalog will be full of copies or bundle lines composed by myself. If everyone does that then you will no longer get an overview and then the gate of the dam ...

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • March 08, 2019 10:19
March 08, 2019 10:19

That sounds logical, but the practice is different. CataWiki contains numerous self-published books. Reading books too, with Multicopy you can have them made like this (even one copy if you want). I do think that a book that only has 1 copy should not be in the catalog, but the administrators of CW determine what the limit is. There are also books on CW that publishers did not release for certain reasons. They were allowed to be printed, but they were rejected for quality or for errors discovered late. But always a few copies slipped through that could be very interesting for some. Compare it with the collectors of misprints of stamps or banknotes. This also applies to, for example, gramophone records! For example, the single "Hard to find" by The Golden Earrings (1965) was destroyed after pressing because it was discovered that the correct English had to be "Hard to be found". Nevertheless, a number of singles were secretly (?) Taken by employees. CW auctioned a copy a few years ago for more than 2500 euros. The single EXISTS, so why not report it in a catalog? Those who want to can then hopefully look for another copy and now also know a target price! This also applies to comics. After a long investigation I bought the Suske en Wiske "De Zwarte madam" (1969 - CW number: 30004). I don't know whether it was copied or offset printed. I don't know the edition either, but I knew thanks to CW that it exists and it was then my choice whether or not to track it down. Also applies to many other publications of, for example, Tom Poes, Tijs IJs, Suske en Wiske, Kuifje and undoubtedly the sex parodies. I myself think that - once again - the CIRCULATION must be decisive; there must be several copies, so that there is something to be desired and someone who likes such a product can start looking. Print or copy… the result only counts and isn't copying just a form of printing? It is not for nothing that we PRINTER privately on a PRINTER at home?

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 08, 2019 12:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Look at that:

wonderful edition

imagine if we were going to fill the catalog with that…

Attention, freely available in the trade! And why should my clique of friends be less than anyone else's.

If successful, it will be reprinted!

PS Yes, I know I'm being ridiculous, but it's just to get my point across.

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • March 08, 2019 14:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Nice work but with type you fill in Knipsel. That is incorrect, because this is a copy of a clipping. So ask the catalog manager if he wants to add a new category to this collection area.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 08, 2019 14:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You're right Ted, I will.

But can you approve everything else in the meantime and freeze the item?

Show original message
  • 2,122 messages
  • March 08, 2019 15:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I don't think the catalog will get "full" with these kinds of releases soon.

Just because something can happen does not mean it will happen.

It doesn't bother me, that saves a lot of annoyance.

Incidentally, I doubt whether you are legally authorized to sell such a copy. Offering in shops should be prohibited in my opinion. But that was not the point.

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • March 08, 2019 15:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Probably no one reads the handbook of comics

1.11 ILLEGAL PUBLICATIONS Illegal publications, ie comic books and magazines that have been made without the permission of the copyright holders, are included in Catawiki if it is plausible that the publication in question has been or has been freely distributed.

No catalog value is assigned to illegal publications.

1.13 HOUSE INDUSTRY We do not include home industry, such as self-bound albums, magazines or clippings.

Illegal publications may also not be offered in the Catawiki shops. With the exception of copies older than ... (I don't know exactly how old)

(courtesy of Pegag)

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 08, 2019 16:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Rules seem quite clear to me, hence the question why they are not applied.

@stripspeldjes: but it doesn't wake me up;)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • March 08, 2019 18:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What is not being applied, then?

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • March 08, 2019 18:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

We do not include home craft such as self-bound albums, magazines or clippings.

Since almost 5 years after notification, these home carpets are still in the catalog, I got the impression that they were 'included'.

Should I be mistaken and accidentally label these album releases as home craft, I can only say that it is not very clear to me. Perhaps something could be added to the description so that I too recognize the difference.

Only point of view is clarity.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • July 07, 2020 17:57
added
prices

Hi everyone, I am fairly new and I first studied the wishes / conditions.

Do I want to pick up (especially now after the 'can you say your own feet further') and things should be viewed differently in my eyes ... ? : response:

In advance my 'thesis / as I see it'.

Catawiki is a trading place (widest sense of the word).
LastDodo is now more of a catalog, collector focused site, marketplace ..

Hope this is formulated somewhat correctly ..

Question from my side (and also suggestion):

Basic manual (new):
1.1.1 Domestic industry
This means that all kinds of home crafts are not included in the catalog . Examples are
privately bound volumes of magazines, library copies of books, private
created image or sound recordings.

What if there are copies in home industry (ie 'private' collection) and NOT in the catalog? Would it be a shame that the 'knowledge / existence' would then be lost?
Was a collectors option like this (home industry) not an alternative.
This in conjunction with 'catalog'.

Let me give you an example: I have bound magazines (eg Starlog)
The first 50 volumes, therefore, are present in this form. So cannot be taken apart to place under main series as an individual item (catalog starts with nr 62). However ..
It is also not really appreciated to use external images to modify those main sequences. They are not my copies ..
You get a little tour then ..

Operate it anyway, (although a catalog is quite different from a 'shop'):
Business (marketplace) a loose copy that is not available for sale, but in a home craft bundle? and collector was inclined to sell? (General, but could also be an option for me in the future ... I'm honest about that)

In short: what can be done about this (a home craft option under collection? / item block location etc. & gt; technical & gt; extra line home craft);

or any opinion always appreciated ..

Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • July 07, 2020 18:10
added
prices
reviews

First of all, of course, welcome to Lastdodo Leo.

You did this post in the comics section, so I'll limit myself to home crafts and comics.

When setting up a catalog, we work with a number of principles to keep the entered data manageable and to create a clear structure in the catalog.

One of those principles is that we only include items as published by the publisher. This means that we do include individual Donald Duck magazines, but that we do not include bound volumes as an item. After all, they have been published as a separate magazine.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 07, 2020 18:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi,

Van heul foul books are home-made copies for libraries. We do not record these separately, but you can simply write in your own notes that you have such a copy with library binding. The same goes for privately bound magazines.

Compared to Catawiki, nothing has changed in that regard.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • July 07, 2020 18:15
added
prices

Thank you for the response. My response may have come across as wrong.
Just clarify then: NO addition to the catalog.
An option for the collectors section.
That this is not possible (just call it main sequences) I totally agree.

Okay Arco .. thank you very much

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • July 07, 2020 19:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Leike, I may be misunderstanding. If you have a bundle of periodic sheets of which some numbers are not yet in the catalog, you could still enter them? Unless you can't really photograph the front and back sides completely or put them on a scanner (folding, etc.) is also not an option. It is a bit more difficult than single songs, but I have done it that way a few times. Some old Tom Poes magazines, for example, are sometimes also imported from bundles. And if someone has a separate copy, they can replace the photos in due course. Something like that.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 29