Go to page
25of 33
  • 6 messages
  • August 16, 2010 23:01
added
prices
August 16, 2010 23:01

Sometimes I am amazed at the prices that are given as an indication for an album and I compare these with the prices that the different users ask for their copy.
As an example, take a look at the later songs of Baard en Kale. I don't see a lot of providers here who offer their albums for Euro 2.50, while it should be the “official” price.
Is there no link possible between the asking prices that different providers ask on Catawiki and the “official” prices.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • August 17, 2010 07:31
Deleted
Show original message
  • 166 messages
  • August 17, 2010 10:14
added
prices

I also believed that the set-up of Catawiki was that the asking prices and actual sales prices should reflect the value of a comic book. Or is there no automatic value adjustment if a certain comic book is suddenly offered by several users for a higher or lower amount?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 17, 2010 10:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think that this adjustment happens automatically if no prices are specified yet.
If prices have already been entered, I don't think so.

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • August 17, 2010 10:50
reviews

Theoak: I also thought that the set-up of Catawiki was that the asking prices and actually achieved sales prices should reflect the value of a comic book. Or is there no automatic value adjustment if a certain comic book is suddenly offered by several users for a higher or lower amount?

This is not yet the case at the moment. Do we want to get started. It now works as Scam describes: if an item is put up for sale for the first time and there is no list price yet, that price will be used as the base price.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • August 18, 2010 23:56
added
prices
reviews

Ask the administrators. Are you already doing something with the price suggestions or is this on the shelf until you start to deduce prices from sales ..? I have regularly made suggestions, but I feel that not much is happening with them. maybe I am completely wrong.

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • August 19, 2010 07:13
Deleted
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,403 messages
  • August 22, 2010 16:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Received Comic Letter 410 yesterday with an advertisement from Catawiki on the back, where the sellers of Lady in Blue ( 20524 ). The sales prices vary from € 39.95 - € 85.00 at the pros and from € 25.00 - € 60.00 at the collectors / sellers. (Catawiki value = € 60) Good condition runs from € 19.95 - € 55.00. The album is searched once.
6 sellers report the presence of the attachment, 1 seller offers the book in new condition without newspaper.

What is the value of this book?
And should the cheapest provider be at the top of the list or at the bottom of the list?

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • August 22, 2010 17:33
added
prices
August 22, 2010 17:33

I think a good approximation for the value of an album is the arithmetic mean of everything that is offered with further arithmetic calculation over time. You can also think that you give the recent offer more weight than the past; However, this is difficult from a programming point of view, but it does have a lot of added value for the users. Namely, towards the future, a trend can be discovered with this functionality.

Pricing is now too static.

I would also like to see the cheapest provider at the top of the list.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 22, 2010 18:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In this case it is actually very simple: there is an oversupply and the lowest price is the correct one.
You must of course also take into account other elements such as reliability / reputation of the seller and the shipping costs.

It will be more difficult for albums with little supply.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,235 messages
  • August 22, 2010 19:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The correct value is when a buyer pays the price that a seller asks. This depends on many factors:
1) Exact condition of the book
2) Reliability of the seller, regarding the data supplied
3) Additional matters / costs such as shipping costs and payment conditions.
4) Etcetera

All in all, you cannot simply calculate a value on the basis of asking prices.
The order of presentation is currently already that the cheapest is listed at the top.

Show original message
  • 2,403 messages
  • August 22, 2010 19:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

1) Exact condition of the book

Certainly determines the value, but also supply and demand

2) Reliability of the seller, regarding the data supplied

May not influence the value, but is included. A reliable seller who has a good price / quality ratio will eventually sell more. Can ask for more ...

3) Additional matters / costs such as shipping costs and payment conditions.

Must not affect the value. You cannot say: the value of this book includes shipping and payment terms.

All in all, you cannot simply calculate a value on the basis of asking prices.

Previously, prices were set by a small portion of comic book antiques and everyone followed meekly. This role has not yet been filled by a new generation of retailers.

I know that the order from lowest to highest is the choice of Catawiki, but I wonder if this is the correct order.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,235 messages
  • August 22, 2010 20:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

also supply and demand

Obviously, the rarity and popularity of a book are the most important factors for a price. But I think it was more about the prices of the same item between the different providers.

Reliability of the seller should not affect the value

Not about determining the value in general, but about the difference between the mutual providers of the item. If the description, scans and experience provided make me feel good as a potential buyer, then I will accept a higher price.

Shipping costs and payment conditions should have no influence

Again, you are generally right. However, in order to be able to properly compare the prices of the same item, it does count which costs are added.

Prices have historically been set by the comic book dealers

It has never been different and it will never be that prices are set by the buyer who agrees with the asking price. A merchant can ask what he / she wants, but the buyer (luckily) still decides whether to buy or not.

I think the order from lowest to highest was done at the request of collectors. In any case, it is better than alphabetical.

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • August 23, 2010 00:19
Deleted
Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • August 23, 2010 01:00
added
prices
info pages

A little bit retouched ;-)

Show original message
  • 2,403 messages
  • August 23, 2010 09:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think the order from lowest to highest was done at the request of collectors. In any case, it is better than alphabetical.

It is certainly better than alphabetical. A second improvement was the splitting of the pro and the collector, although if everyone will soon have to pay an equal share on the profit made, no distinction can actually be made here, then we are all sellers within Catawiki.

I can't remember any discussion (except for the oral discussion between Rene and me) about the choice from low to high.

The question remains whether the declared value of Lady in Blue in Catawiki is the correct value in relation to the selling prices

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • August 23, 2010 14:00
added
prices

Lady in Blue, (Bilal)

such a price war on this book.
am now the cheapest again!

supply and demand always determines the price, the catalog or catawiki is only a guideline.

state is still the most important!

We will be dumping a lot in Valkenswaard this weekend, August 28,29.

lots of comics that are high in the cat. are just out the door for 5 or 10 euros.

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • August 23, 2010 19:47
Deleted
Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 23, 2010 20:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The OP talked about the Beards and Bales of the 1970s. I just went to look at that series and usually see an oversupply. The price of 2.5 Euro may be a bit on the low side, but 30 Euro is way too much of a good thing.

That's actually a common problem with the 1970s comics, there was once a price on them (who knows how?) and those prices are still there.
There are many that are either way too high or way too low.

Maybe do a survey?

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • August 23, 2010 20:29
added
prices
August 23, 2010 20:29

There is a dump because there is no demand for a higher price. Dumping ensures that asking price and purchase price are reconciled. If there is a lot of demand and the supply is limited, there will never be a dump.

Rarity is a criterion to a limited extent, but demand for albums is also crucial here. As a collector of 1950s booklets, I notice that these are becoming increasingly rare, however, the demand for them is also declining. I can get these books at reasonable prices.

The reliability of the buyer as a criterion has to do with uncertainty. If uncertainty is involved, you are not willing to set the top prize. To eliminate uncertainty, you have to work with a feedback system like Ebay.

In short, uncertainty and supply and demand determine the price of the album. Value, like emotional value, is an undefined concept. As science has already shown, valuation is a subjective given. If you want to give a different value to something, this is free, but ultimately the question determines the price.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 23, 2010 20:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

quote As a collector of 1950s booklets, I notice that these are becoming increasingly rare, however the demand for them is also declining. I can get these books at reasonable prices

You are (partially) right here. The current and moderate / normal quality strips are becoming cheaper. The difficult and beautiful ones get more expensive.
Fewer collectors, but more demanding.

Show original message
  • 166 messages
  • August 24, 2010 14:39
added
prices

Temporary dumping of strips does not create a new demand, but a different supply curve, resulting in a lower equilibrium price. Since it is temporary, no change in catalog value is necessary either.
It does not have to be the case that the cat value is incorrect. Of course there are more buyers for a lower price, but no more buyers. Dumping can also have motives other than unsaleability at a higher price.
Beautiful first editions of eg Dupuis from the 50s are certainly coveted by collectors, and collectors of these kinds of comics are certainly critical. However, due to mortification, more albums of this kind from collections may come onto the market, which can lead to lower prices.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 24, 2010 15:28
added
prices

dumping is panic football

can mean 2 things

1 seller needs money
for whatever reason

2 seller has full stock and needs space

Certain prices just have to be patient

if there is a lot of dumping, the effect also becomes less and less

the buyers get used to a certain point

and to get some sort of effect next time you have to
even lower

effect there are only a few players left in the market at any given time

on the other hand if something is really difficult it has a certain lower value

and what is expensive…

what is rare ..

Show original message
  • 166 messages
  • August 24, 2010 17:42
added
prices

If something has a low sales value, the purchase value is i.b. also low and vice versa. If the margin is the same, it doesn't matter on balance. At the moment it is the case in strip land that the sales value is high, if it turns into low sales value and low purchase value, it is painful for those who bought expensive and cannot get that price back.
But that will be a pain for collectors.

Incidentally, if you are going to sell comic books that are normally offered for 15 euros or more for 5-10 euros, while your purchase has only been a euro each (for example), then I also want to dump!

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 24, 2010 19:01
added
prices

You shouldn't buy too expensive this way, that's rule 1

Show original message
Go to page
25of 33