7of 7
  • 701 messages
  • April 30, 2014 08:01
added
prices

Saw the following news item this morning and I am quite happy about it.

The Dutch Comics Museum in Groningen remains open to the public. The museum, threatened with closure, will receive money from the municipality and a Groningen business association for the next three years.

In 2017, the museum will move from a shopping center to a new location near the Grote Markt , in the center of the city. In that building, the museum will have a smaller and cheaper place to show the collection to the public.

Operating deficits

The question was whether until then the operating deficits could be covered at the current location. This has now been arranged with the new commitments totaling several tens of thousands of euros.

The Dutch Comics Museum was opened in 2004. The museum is dedicated to comics in general and Dutch-language comics in particular.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • May 01, 2014 23:20
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I'm glad about it, but probably for a completely different reason. The previous location was very far from the center and I found the entrance a bit hidden. The Groote Markt is right in the center, and I think it's a shame that a museum like this still has to survive with subsidies, because now the problem has just been postponed for three years. It is a pity that so few visitors come! Although it is not the comic book museum in Belgium, it is still very worthwhile I remember seeing input from CataWiki members in the exhibition
Show original message
  • 2,419 messages
  • May 02, 2014 07:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Disney

It depends on what you call the center. The distance from the station to the Grote Markt, where the Forum will be located, is almost as long as the distance from the station to the Westerhaven, where the museum is still located.

I recently visited Brussels in the comic museum there and in terms of layout and experience of the comics - and also in terms of crowds - the museums are very similar.

The museum there is located in a small street and in Groningen it is at the head of the Westerhaven.

Only Groningen sounds so far away.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 02, 2014 08:23
added
prices
reviews

and the entrance is the same as MacDonalds....mmmmm

i mean there is only 1 entrance with a door on the left to MD and straight to SM

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • May 02, 2014 09:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The previous location was very far from the center and I found the entrance a bit hidden. The Groote Markt is right in the center.

Only Groningen sounds so far away.

For the statisticians:

Distance Utrecht: Brussels =169 km

Distance Utrecht: Groningen = 187 km

Walking distance Groningen: station <-> comic museum (location Grote Markt) = 1000 mtr.

Walking distance Groningen: station <-> comic museum (location Westerhaven) = 1100 mtr.

Walking distance Brussels: Gare du Nord <-> comics museum = 1300 mtr

I rest my case, and Jilles is absolutely right.

with a door on the left to MD and straight on to SM

That is indeed not optimal and should actually be exchanged. Because "Reading material left, junk straight ahead" is of course much easier to remember than the other way around. :-)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 02, 2014 11:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The drama is therefore greater for everyone under Utrecht.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 02, 2014 12:52
added
prices
reviews

I work in Groningen, but I've never felt the urge to go to the Comic Strip Museum, is it crazy? 5 minutes walk ....

Show original message
7of 7