6of 6
  • 64 messages
  • November 10, 2015 23:24

problem solved!

(would be useful if you can delete a message yourself)

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 11, 2015 00:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No idea what your problem was, but this we already had, and it is not a lithograph.

Show original message
  • 64 messages
  • November 11, 2015 09:45

Problem was I clicked into "my collection" and didn't get a link to add something to my collection. But apparently there is another word for "catalogue". So very confusing.

Then you will see "export" and if you click on it, a nice message will appear "START YOUR OWN STORE". It's also funny that it's there.

Well, to the point.

I wonder "who" determines the value?

The first to post it and just think, hopla, we'll put 10 or 100 euros on that for a while?

I can perfectly understand that there is a certain catalog value in stamps, but in all kinds of other goods, just like this poster, I do not understand.

Why do you decide that my poster is only worth 10 euros?

You can't just put a value on a lot of antiques, brocante collectibles, it depends on the moment, who is in the auction room, how much you want to give at that moment.

This Tintin poster is not very available and those who have it don't get rid of it. I would like to buy a lot of these types of posters for 25 euros, but no one is putting them up for auction.

Catalog with value, ok for stamps and comics....but not for so many other stuff.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 523 messages
  • November 11, 2015 10:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I wonder "who" determines the value?

The first to post it and just think, hopla, we'll put 10 or 100 euros on that for a while?

More or less this is correct. But there are few guests who just knock on something, the vast majority are based on something.

Since it is a Wiki system, you can submit a new proposal. If you enter good arguments and there is also an active price manager, your proposal could just be honored.

Incidentally, my experience is that values that are too high rather than too low are entered. Especially by sellers who put something in their shop for a lower price and seem so cheap.
In the Handbook Records & CDs we have included:

13.4 BARGAINS
If an item occasionally turns up as a bargain, it is not realistic to say that such a selling price is also the actual value of that item.
Conversely, it is also unrealistic to say that an item that is offered for a one-off price has that value if the same item in the same condition is available on a large scale at a much cheaper price through other channels.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • November 11, 2015 13:15
added
prices
info pages

A disclaimer could be added to Stamps: "Catalog values are fictitious prices."

Show original message
  • 64 messages
  • November 11, 2015 16:55

Thank you very much for these clarifying answers.

The fact is, the Tintin poster that I originally wanted to auction would not be accepted as separate auction lot, precisely because it contains 25 euros in the catalog value in very good condition.

I saw this poster sell off on Ebay at 112 euros last year.

In excellent condition I would place this poster at 100 euros and as soon as there are some wrinkles and scrapes in it , pin holes, only then to a 50 euro.

So you do not just get there, there are in the catalog but they are never offered for sale.

Exactly by z a rarity and because they are not offered anywhere, you could say that surprising prices could be achieved at an auction.

I wanted to place these in my shop, but this is no longer possible. So I put it on kapaza and second-hand.

This week I will frame it nicely and maybe it could yield 100 euros in my shop in the window. Then he goes off the net.

Brocante

Show original message
6of 6