4of 4
  • 204 messages
  • December 07, 2008 22:29
December 07, 2008 22:29

Is it advisable to have every print of a comic book published? Just to give an example Storm the parts 0-17 are already tigx in it. Share 0 already 9x. Perhaps a 1st edition and perhaps a redesigned cover, plus the HC is enough? Then you already have the same strip 3x. Perhaps the 1st reprint, but where does that end? For example, if you now want to do a bulk entry in your collection of Storm, you must first remove half again because it also contains 3rd, 4th, 5th editions etc.
In general, one also speaks of a 1st edition and a reprint.
And many do not understand the difference .., let alone if there are 9 identical covers in them. I am curious about the opinions.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 07, 2008 22:48
added
prices
reviews

This is indeed a problem for bulk imports. Good point. We will in any case offer the possibility that you can indicate that only the first editions should be included in your collection. Other suggestions to improve bulk adding are very welcome.
The reason we include different prints is that collectors can then add the correct print to their collection, shop or wish list. And because there is usually a difference in catalog value. By describing the different editions and including the backsides, we prevent people from mistakenly thinking they have a first edition. It often happens that people think they have a precious Tintin when it is just a recent reprint.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 177 messages
  • December 07, 2008 22:51
added
prices
reviews

My suggestion for bulk input is whether it is not possible to simply select your albums first by checking them, for example, and then clicking on bulk input?

Show original message
  • 204 messages
  • December 08, 2008 00:36
December 08, 2008 00:36

Well, I'm not only concerned with the bulk input but also the current rendering of a series.
It is already quite complicated for the layman to judge which album they have in their hands now that everything is by year, but mixed up. The catalog value of reprints is almost negligible in my view, except for Tintin HC indeed .. but that is precisely why it would be useful to have a separate link for (those) reprints where they can be found.
Eg. at / below the current series view.
In most cases it would be the case that if one does not have the placed cover of the 1st edition + accompanying back or description, that it is therefore automatically a reprint and the album can be placed underneath. Whether it is a 1st or 12th reprint does not really matter.
It would be nice if one could distinguish the 1st from a reprint in this way at a glance. Also not unimportant if Catawiki will hopefully be discovered by the masses.

Show original message
4of 4