5of 5
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,756 messages
  • August 20, 2010 16:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It seems desirable to me that there is a clear visual warning when you want to change an item that is currently being processed by an administrator.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • August 20, 2010 18:23
added
prices
reviews

Why ??

Show original message
  • 1,756 messages
  • August 20, 2010 19:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If an item is "pending" then there is something wrong with it.
For example, I now have a case where I doubt the correctness of the data. While I am consulting with the importer, the year has already been changed twice and people have included it in their collection and shop. Possibly all wrong. Everyone (m / f) must of course know this themselves, but a small warning that the item in question has a balloting problem will not hurt.
Still ??

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • August 20, 2010 20:32
added
prices
reviews

To prevent inclusion in a shop or collection during the treatment, it is important to keep the processing time as short as possible.
There is nothing to worry about if a user changes an item that is pending. If the change is approved you approve it and if not you adjust the change again.

If the item turns out to be a duplicate and someone does include it in his collection, then you as an administrator only have the option to approve the item and a super administrator will have to deduplicate it.

The person who has included the item in his collection or shop is then automatically linked to the correct item

Show original message
  • 1,756 messages
  • August 23, 2010 11:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If the item turns out to be a duplicate and someone does include it in his collection, then you as an administrator only have the option to approve the item and a super administrator will have to deduplicate it.

Exactly, you can no longer simply reject it, and yet you would sometimes want to. Take 1186045 . Was potentially an interesting item but incompletely entered. I now think that the correct input will not come anymore. And then it is simply an unidentifiable reprint, because the year is missing and the back cover is incorrect. But rejection is no longer an option.
So I maintain my position that it would be wise to warn users that an item is pending.

(edit) In general, I agree that treatment time should be short, but in the summer months you just have to give people a little more time. After all, not everyone (nor?) Takes their laptop with them to the campsite.

Show original message
5of 5