14of 14
  • 4,320 messages
  • August 17, 2010 12:21
added
prices
info pages

Suggestion for the site: 224045 expel comedians like wgkieboom immediately.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,011 messages
  • August 17, 2010 12:38
reviews

Suggestion for the site: 224045 expel comedians like wgkieboom immediately.

I picked it up. Prices have been adjusted again.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 17, 2010 13:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And frustrated comic strip shopkeepers should be slapped too.
See history of 162165 .

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,422 messages
  • August 17, 2010 13:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'm afraid a number got stuck there, sometimes happens :-(

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • August 17, 2010 16:00
added
prices
info pages

Marco, you are being sabotaged by an administrator (pissed-off Scrooge McDuck with rifle musket in a bag full of money).

(And hop, it is immediately listed as the most expensive item on the homepage again.)

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,011 messages
  • August 17, 2010 17:46
reviews

Book Warehouse: Marco, you are being sabotaged by an administrator

No, not too bad :-) Has been resolved.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:03
added
prices

Talk about expelling. On the general collectors page, starting with the first one, I see a lot of empty accounts. Most have been there for weeks. Especially with numbers.
They cannot be removed within a certain period of time. that saves a lot of click frustration.

Nor can we agree that no hyphens and numbers appear at the beginning of an account name.

and the number of “collectors” manage to get to the top of the list in a devious way.

And an account name consisting entirely of numbers seems really out of the question.
Besides, it doesn't look like much.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'm right at the back.
That was not even the intention, but still:

Evel Lednewz!

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:16
added
prices

or scam -, 1 scam.

The last will be the first ;-)

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I can't tell if they are empty accounts. Maybe they have their collection hidden? Let them do it anyway. I don't see who they harm with it.

If there is indeed some sort of malice, it will not disappear in the suggested way: You throw a row of a's in front of your name and you are already standing from above.

If it concerns that empty accounts would not be possible: In case of inactivity (no items, not even hidden and on top of that no offer in the shop or entering new items), after a longer period (e.g. half a year) mail can be sent to confirm that the account should be kept, etc.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:31
added
prices

I think a month is a much more reasonable period. This way you also keep the database clean.

“You throw a row of a's in front of your name and you are already from the top”.

Those kinds of childishness don't really seem good for Catawiki.

Would like to see that kind of nonsense removed

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • August 19, 2010 20:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A month seems unreasonable by definition. A holiday of a month is not exceptional and I can think of reasons that prevent you from working on entering your collection for a month.

The a's were just an idea to indicate that for “malicious parties” the boundaries of what is permissible are always sought. I don't see the point of it either, but if someone is now intensely happy with his name on the first page and then shows an empty collection there (or enters 1 item in order not to be deleted): a waste of his time but he does don't hurt me.

I have now also looked at the first page in question and I also see enough people with a number in the account who do have a nice collection. And I also see numbers that do matter (year of birth, place of residence).

And where would you like to draw the line? Is “AAAantjes” allowed? (For Mr. A.A. Notes).

Much worse are the situations where the database is really compromised, and that's what this topic started about. That could affect my collection. And there is a warning in case of deliberate and repeated abuse. You can always cancel. Only by executing a very limited “happy few”.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • August 19, 2010 21:02
added
prices
info pages

I can imagine that it will become a bigger problem with shops when people start playing tricks with their username to get their shop on the first page.

These kinds of “devious” activities (it doesn't really bother me) are facilitated by the fact that the collectors and shops are now arranged alphabetically. If they were ordered by eg newest first, the list would change continuously. I am also surprised that it is not possible to organize the collectors and shop lists yourself: alphabetically, chronologically, size of the collection, size of the shop, number of added items, number of forum posts ;-) (and everything in reverse order). There are more urgent matters, of course, but it seems like a fairly simple adjustment.

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,011 messages
  • August 20, 2010 09:54
reviews

artdecorations: On the general collectors page, starting with the first one, I see a lot of empty accounts. Most have been there for weeks. Especially with numbers. They cannot be removed within a certain period of time. that saves a lot of click frustration.

kdamme is right: if someone has chosen to put their collection on "private", you cannot see how many items someone has. It is also the case that there are people who only have a shop. In that case they have nothing in their collection. That seems like a "empty" account, but it does not have to be.

artdecorations: We also cannot agree that the beginning of an account name does not contain dashes and numbers.

I agree with kdamme, for every restriction you come up with, creative solutions are devised to still be at the top.

As for the use of this by shopkeepers to come out on top. In the catalog, two simple rules are used for displaying shops for an item. First we show all professional shops, sorted by price. And then we show all other shops sorted by price. The name of your shop has no influence on this.

Book warehouse: I am also surprised that it is not possible to organize the collectors and shop lists yourself: alphabetically, chronologically, size of the collection, size of the shop, number of added items, number of forum posts ;-) ( and everything in reverse if desired). There are more urgent matters, of course, but it seems like a fairly simple adjustment.

It's exactly as you say. There are other things that are more urgent right now.

Show original message
14of 14