8of 8
  • 16 messages
  • December 02, 2008 22:39
added
prices
December 02, 2008 22:39

Dear people
I see that “Miss Janny” has added a statue to agent 327.
Are we going to do that too? I also have a display cabinet full of figurines of cartoon characters. Seems like a very nice addition to Catawiki. But is it not sensible to make it a separate category?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 02, 2008 23:49
added
prices
reviews

Hi Wolter-Jan,
Indeed. We call that curiosities in the Strip section. There you can lose everything about a comic book hero that does not belong to the regular comic albums. See, for example, Tintin and Bumblebee, where quite a few curiosities have already been introduced.

Show original message
  • 497 messages
  • December 04, 2008 17:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think it would be wise to point out the special “curiosities” link at the top.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 55 messages
  • December 05, 2008 14:31
added
prices
reviews

I see that pins are now also added to the comics.
It is less sensible that the person entering them also does the review…
M.i. should another administrator do that ?!

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 05, 2008 23:44
added
prices
reviews

It should be, if so. Not for you, by the way, being an administrator? You are very active on the site and have a large collection. Send me an email if you are interested.

Show original message
  • 2,422 messages
  • December 08, 2008 14:42
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In my opinion, anything that is not a comic book album should be called curiosities. Perhaps there will be extra curiosities descriptions, so that the (comic) ex-libris can also go there. Cleans up again

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 08, 2008 19:11
added
prices
reviews

An exlibris collector has come forward (the first point that the plural of exlibris is also exlibris and a dash is not needed, learned something again). With him I will set up a new section Graphics (perhaps even within an umbrella section Art). Then things like bookplates and prints that are currently still in between the regular comics can be used as curiosities with comics, whereby we can then choose Graphics as the type of curiosities so that they also appear in that new section. The point of the collector was, incidentally, that what we here at comics call ex-libris, are actually not real ex-libris but pictures.

Show original message
  • 177 messages
  • December 08, 2008 22:18
added
prices
reviews

About the exlibris or pictures that Rene recently mentioned.
I recently discussed this with someone.
But there is some truth in what is said.
Just read the definition of exlibris on wikipedia: http: / /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exlibris
I have also seen and owned a number of real copies of bookplates, and they do indeed look different from those you are used to from the comic book world.
In that respect I do not always find the term bookplate correct, but in the comic world it seems to be assumed that way. I also think print is a better name in most cases, but can be confusing because some prints are called exlibris. And there are also those that are actually exlbris.
Perhaps an idea to give bookplates of comics a separate category. So that a distinction can be made between those two types of bookplates. (so that of comics, and that of, among others, the description on wikipedia)
Both types in 1 category of bookplates don't seem like a good idea to me.
I am also not in favor of naming Comic Book Exlibris after a print.
They often have a personal stamp of the publisher or comic shop, which in turn resembles a bookplate.
On a print from a portfolio, for example, not.

Show original message
8of 8