2of 2
  • 429 messages
  • August 10, 2010 14:36
added
prices

Since working with catwiki, I've started to look at my collection in a very different and better way.

Because you have to enter things, you really have to think carefully about how you enter things and where things belong, etc. I now make much more effort to look up age, etc. Very nice, but time consuming.

Then you will run into problems.

I collect a lot, including Dutch Wood Industry. Since the objects have a function, they do not fall under the visual arts, but under applied arts:

But then I run into problems when importing, for example, an Indonesian box with carvings or an “Amsterdam school” wood craft box. Since I cannot find out the function and therefore it does not belong to visual art, it ends a bit and I cannot carefully store these items anywhere.

This also applies, for example, to antique pewter candlesticks and plates.

I'm not sure what the solution is yet.
m
But as I look at it now and I follow the logic of Catawiki, in addition to the existing categories POTTERY and GLASS & CRYSTAL , there should also be categories such as, WOOD INDUSTRY ,
BASE METAL ( COPPER TIN BRONZE) and PRECIOUS METAL ( GOLD SILVER PLATINUM)

In order not to get too many categories, I think it should be considered to merge CLOCKS and WATCHES . You can then solve this within that new category.

You could also do this for: COINS and TOWNS , or is that sacrilege what I'm saying now :-).

I also miss a JEWELERY category.

Well, plenty to think about.

Sincerely

Marc

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 10, 2010 17:19

In the future there will be (theme) sections for all materials.
There will also be a jewelry section.
Patience, patience ...

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
2of 2