9of 9
  • 429 messages
  • August 04, 2010 17:16
added
prices

For example, I miss the section design.

Furthermore, I soon run into problems when I want to enter a photo with a signature of a singer:

At Type there is no option to check "photo".

But I understand that Catawiki is still at the beginning.

I am very enthusiastic as a new user. I really hope this will be the Walhala for collectors worldwide

best regards

artdecorations

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 04, 2010 17:30

Furthermore, I soon run into problems when I want to enter a photo with a signature of a singer

You can do this in the section celebrities .
In this section you can then choose “other”
There is a section for signatures in the planning, but there are many more sections in the planning.
However, it is not always easy to set up a new section, and there are many other things that also need to be adjusted at Catawiki.
If the rubric is there, your input can be transferred there.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 05, 2010 00:11
added
prices

Thank you Arwin,

By the way, where can I store an Iranian license plate?

Perhaps an automobilia section is an idea?

best regards

marc

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 05, 2010 07:23

Hai Marc,

An Iranian license plate is very difficult at the moment indeed.

The dilemma is that on the one hand we want a lot more columns than we have now, so that it is easier to post. On the other hand, we want to limit the number of sections, because more sections reduces the findability of items.
The more rubrics, the more unclear it can become where you place something, which will fragment collection areas.

For example, we now only have 50 sections, but you already come across things where you can doubt where to place something.
For example, put a clock radio next to the clocks or radios.
There will be a function in the future that will allow you to show items in multiple categories, while it will only be on Catawiki once, but we want to limit that function to the exceptions as much as possible.

It is also not always easy to set up a new section in one go.
The input fields must be carefully considered in advance.
Subsequent adjustments to the input fields often mean that all items in that section must be adjusted.

In summary, we have to think carefully before a new section is launched.

What we do now is put items that we have nowhere to put at other , and if there are enough items from a certain collection area, we make them a section.
The point is that at the moment that section is more or less hidden, because we want to prevent people from placing items in it out of convenience that actually belong elsewhere.
If you place an item in that section, it is important that it is at least linked to another section.
Otherwise your item will be invisible to other collectors.
And I don't know where you can link an Iranian license plate to at the moment.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • August 05, 2010 07:33
added
prices
reviews

As Arwin has outlined well, it takes some time to carefully create a new section. There are quite a few requests for interesting new sections. License plates are also part of that because there are quite a few collectors of them, I know (coincidentally also a family member of mine). After the summer holidays, we will be adding new sections more quickly. We are working to make creating sections easier and easier and hope to have some extra manpower for this.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 05, 2010 10:16
added
prices

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. Indeed it takes time to optimize the site
I understand the problem of too many headings.

Would like to address another matter that struck me.

I myself am quite specialized in pottery and I notice that people import their items in different ways. For example, some people put a German vase under Germany and others under the brand name.

Furthermore, there are 2 societe ceramique factories due to spelling errors.
Because people can create their own names, this gives a messy impression and earthenware items are all over the place. Ultimately, I think if the site crystallizes, you should do away with this feature.

Since I have been saving pottery for 10 years, I would like to offer myself to assist you with this, if necessary.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 523 messages
  • August 05, 2010 10:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A spelling error (sic) is easily made :-)

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 05, 2010 10:30
added
prices

I saw "m ;-)

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • August 05, 2010 14:52
reviews

artdecorations: Since I have been saving pottery for 10 years, I would like to offer myself to assist you with this, if needed.

Fantastic! I will contact you.

Show original message
9of 9