5of 5
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 66 messages
  • May 18, 2010 10:23
added
prices
reviews

As a novice, first update a book title. Ah, a book I have is pictured without a dust jacket. Just scan and also make a representative scan of the content. That is of course the icing on the cake for the user! If you are scanning anyway, that important scan of the content is a small effort, but oh so important.

Some other fields have been improved and you're done, Kees, approved!
So far not a cloud in the sky.

Now try adding a new title. How do you do that. “Help”, no, that doesn't help because there is only something about change. Then give “Guided tour” a try. There is something about entering, but not exactly how to do that.

I assume you have to use the edit form and then edit everything for the new title.

Not accepted, because I still have to indicate which “story” is in the book. Now it is a geonym dictionary, so there is no story in it at all.
Moreover, the topic “language” or “linguistics” does not appear in the list of species! Out of tiredness, I filled in science. Bibliographically correct would be: “Linguistics” and then “Dutch”. Also important is a subspecies n.l. "Dictionary". Surely there are many kinds of dictionaries. Technical, biblical, entymological, encyclopedic, and so on.

As a story I said something about the content.

Yes, now it is accepted. However… a book has now disappeared from the catalog. Not entirely illogical, really.
But nowhere have I been able to detect a button “add new title”. So apparently entered in a completely incorrect way ...

My apologies, could someone explain to me how this is done correctly and post it right away in the help topics and the tour? This is also the case for people with an IQ between 50 and 150.

The question of the missing book also remains, the precursor to the series “The appearance of…”. The very first book in the series.
I hope there is a backup database.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Entering new titles in this way is obviously out of the question for me.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 55 messages
  • May 18, 2010 10:37
added
prices

After selecting books, try clicking the "add new item to the catalog" button on the left side of the home page.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • May 18, 2010 11:03
added
prices
reviews

In the book section, on every page on the left, you will find the button “add item to catalog” (both in a photo gallery and when viewing an item).

But you are right, better instruction pages are desirable. Coincidentally, we are just working on this. They will be added shortly.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 66 messages
  • May 18, 2010 12:31
added
prices
reviews

Yes, Eureka! Not that difficult and also clear. Impatient as I am (luckily not the only one) I immediately wanted to enter.
The right button was not found immediately, so looked at “tour”.

The guided tour contains the line: “Enter or change item”. I'm on the right track, I thought. After clicking on this, a completed entry form will immediately appear with the text: “You can enter or change items via the same form”. In itself that is true, but the way of calling differs. I translated “the same” to “exactly the same”: then apparently I have to empty that form first.
But that is wrong. Perhaps you could add: “that is evoked in different ways”.
You get an empty form by… .and an existing item is changed by….
Actually, I was sent a step too far, you could say.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 18, 2010 15:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And the lost book is also back, because everything you do has to be approved by the administrators. Rejected in this case… (;-)

Show original message
5of 5