7of 7
  • 1,354 messages
  • May 14, 2010 20:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'm almost done importing my video games and consoles (phew).
But there is also a range of home / game computers.
They do not actually fall under one of the existing categories.

Therefore ask:
Separate section within Video Games: "Home and Game computers"
Or a completely separate section?
This concerns devices such as:
Apple series
Commodore / Amiga
Atari
TI
Spectravideo
Goldstar / Schneider / Amstrad

See also:
http://www.homecomputer.de/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_computer

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 126 messages
  • May 14, 2010 22:10
added
prices
reviews

great idea!
must also have a Commodore with a bunch of games somewhere

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • May 18, 2010 06:48
added
prices
reviews

Indeed, there are already quite a few collectors of home computers. For example, the BBC computer from Acorn in a number of variants, the Sinclair Spectrum, the Tandy and even Philips and Sony have made a bid for a respectable place in this market.
There are also many rare and less rare accessories on the market for all these types, which now look completely old-fashioned and old-fashioned. And let's not forget the programs and games for all these computers, which are all quite rare in their original box. Beautiful!!

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • May 18, 2010 10:53
added
prices
reviews

Maarre… Commodore and other home computers are already in the overview of platforms in the games section. See here

Or am I missing something?

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • May 18, 2010 11:25
added
prices
reviews

Sorry only half checked myself. What I think Scam means is some more separation in the hardware. So also in one way or another make a link between the games and the machine on which they can be played. Each platform also comes with a fair number of accessories, e.g. the Eye-Toy camera from Sony or the Singstar microphones, the WII board, all kinds of cables, joysticks, gamepads, keyboards , etc, etc. Usually a considerable number of variants have been released of every game console. Now everything is lumped together. It just doesn't look that straightforward. It is all those accessories that make collecting interesting!

For example, it would be a nice idea to have to click a small picture of the machine as a mandatory field for every game.
Or better yet enter this automatically.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • May 18, 2010 11:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There are a number of Home Computers in Console (Hardware), but they don't really belong there.

Game consoles and Home computers are separate collection areas. There are a few doubts like the CDi and the CDTV and some Videopacs, but you have that in every collection area. I have tried to put them together through "game sequences", but that is only a patchwork.

I have a number of (popular) Home computers in my Games collection because they were also popular as a Game platform, but I am absolutely no collector of Home computers. The number of types and models (especially 1970s-80s) is enormous and certainly deserves a separate (sub?) Section. There would be a collector on board to keep an eye on it a bit and limit it to collectibles, because of course there is no point in using all of Dell's recent models.

And what Treasure Digger says is indeed correct, 100% agreed.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • May 18, 2010 12:06
added
prices
reviews

Speaking of which Scam, there are a number of distinguishing features between home computers and game consoles. All kinds of programs can be run on a home computer (not just games) and it is primarily designed for that. If we take a look at Marktplaats, it turns out that they have already thought well there, so the separation of Home Computers and Game Consoles. And then as a subdivision Hardware and Software. It couldn't be clearer. The MSX , Atari and Amiga and also the Commodore 64 are home computers and the PC of course.
The rest is game console. Then we also have the notebooks and netbooks that will also be collected. That is then the third category.
The word "platform" is actually processor related. A nice subdivision would also be according to processor, but that is a bit too technical for most, I think.
There are also a number of PC programs with the PC games at the moment. Of course they don't belong there.

Show original message
7of 7