19of 19
  • 136 messages
  • April 22, 2010 16:35
April 22, 2010 16:35

Another suggestion. This time whether with an advertisement on an overview page of the webshop it is immediately visible whether it is a 1st edition or reprint?
This way, someone can immediately look up his "category" and price differences may also be explained immediately (in addition to a possible state listing).

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • April 22, 2010 22:27
added
prices
April 22, 2010 22:27

Or a possibility to indicate, next to the title, whether a book is signed or with a dedicace. Agreed, this can now also be done in notes, but you must first click through. In a shop, people may not click through as quickly as it is seen that the price is a bit higher, which may sometimes have a reason ...

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • April 22, 2010 23:41
added
prices
reviews

I disagree with this, Kinglowie, an item in a catalog must be presented purely. Whether an album contains a picture of the artist has absolutely nothing to do with the release of that item ...

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • April 23, 2010 09:35
added
prices
April 23, 2010 09:35

Yes Morits, you are right. I was mainly thinking of the possibility to add something to your own shop, even if it was an asterisk. My thought therefore mainly goes out to shopping. I can only support the idea that the catalog should be staged purely

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • April 24, 2010 08:59
added
prices
reviews

@Kinglowie: That's my idea too. Sellers who offer an item for sale that has something special about it (for example signed, with dedicace, with attachment, ...) could then tick this, after which the item can appear in the shops list with, for example, an asterisk.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 24, 2010 11:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Sounds like a good idea. That way, users wonder what exactly is going on with it and click on.

The disadvantage is that sellers can abuse this by letting items with nothing special with ALSO stand out. I can already picture it:
- newer than new!
- whiter than white!
- super copy!
etc…

I don't think there is anyone who wants to check all that and if you make rules you have to be able to enforce them.
All you could do is create an abuse button that potential buyers can click if they feel misled.

Just some thoughts on a Saturday morning ...

Show original message
  • 168 messages
  • April 24, 2010 12:32
added
prices
reviews

Maybe make 2 (or…) fixed options available for them to check:
- “signed”
- “with attachment”
-…
If that is with or without dedicasse and what that attachment contains, they can then include it in their note field.

As soon as one of these options is checked, an asterisk will appear next to the offer (for example).

In this way, abuse (the cited “newer than new” “whiter than white” “super copy”) can still be partially limited.

It also has an additional advantage to the calculation of the catalog values: sales of signed copies can then be omitted, which will result in more correct values.

Now that I think about it this way, I also see a disadvantage (?): with luxuries that are already numbered and signed by default, this will always be checked, which in turn can cause problems ...

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • April 24, 2010 13:59
April 24, 2010 13:59

Rene, apart from all other suggestions, is my proposal already "pending"?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • April 27, 2010 16:52
added
prices
reviews

Another suggestion. This time whether with an advertisement on an overview page of the webshop it is immediately visible whether it is a 1st edition or reprint?
This way, someone can immediately look up his "category" and price differences may also be explained immediately (in addition to a possible state listing).

Sorry for late comment on this one. So we plan to display the condition in your shop's photo gallery with an icon.

Do you mean that there should be a second icon that indicates whether or not it is a first edition?

What exactly do you mean by that someone can look up “his category” immediately and price differences can be explained? Maybe the latter because you offer several of the same titles in your shop?

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • April 27, 2010 17:16
April 27, 2010 17:16

I really thought for a moment that I saw a store inside ..

There are many collectors who search on 1st edition.
It is often visible in the old editions. With the new releases this is a bit more difficult and you will first have to open the item and scroll down. The year is not always enough.

There are even more people who are looking for an album that does not have to be 1st edition. For those people it is more convenient if they find the cheapest alternative at a glance.

Price differences are also explained immediately as much as possible within a series with similar looking albums.
Example that comes to mind is Agent 327 number 10.

The titles that contain the most information in one title line (especially print indication and state) are the clearest (depending on the layout).

In the current click-and-buy era, that is the fastest / most effective, I think.

Duplicate copies within a shop of the same print
are but have a different price will be in the description
must be provided with a reason by the seller.
For example, one with a name, the other without.

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • April 27, 2010 17:19
April 27, 2010 17:19

In short, the two questions I almost always get from collectors: is it a first edition and what is the condition?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • April 27, 2010 17:54
added
prices
reviews

I now see that in a shop with the filters above the photo gallery it is not possible to filter on first press. This is possible in the catalog. If that could be done in the shop, would that solve your problem?

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • April 28, 2010 10:32
April 28, 2010 10:32

Hello Rene,

thanks again! By the way, I think that the buyers here are the best
be able to give their opinion on how this can best be depicted. Maybe someday it would be useful to ask for improvements / suggestions from casual users when making a purchase?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 28, 2010 22:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@bobbedoes
I think it's up to the sellers to put that in the description.
I've said it before:
Put something up for sale for 100 Euro, without a photo with the only description: good condition… that's not possible.

I would say (again): more than 25-50 euros = image required.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • April 29, 2010 11:38
added
prices
reviews

You are ignoring the fact that not every user owns a camera or scanner…
So you just exclude people from participating in Catawiki, not nice of you ...

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 29, 2010 11:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A survey was recently conducted in Belgium and it turned out that 91% of young people between 10 and 17 years old have a mobile phone. Most of them have a much more sophisticated device than I do and my (cheap) device has a 1.3 megapixel camera. And if you really don't have one, just ask a friend or a neighbor.

I would also only suggest it for the "more expensive" albums. If you want to sell it, you will anyway be asked for a photo or a detailed description and then you have to get started.

And it really benefits the buyer and seller. If there is a clear description and photo, it sells itself.
And with a photo you also avoid discussions afterwards about the state / first edition or not.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 29, 2010 11:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I don't have a driver's license.
Very annoying that it excludes me from driving a car. (;-)

Show original message
Carl
VIP
  • 53 messages
  • April 29, 2010 15:27
added
prices
reviews

I once bought something myself without a photo and with the description “good condition”, but the booklet exceeded my expectations. With or without a photo (own?) It remains a matter of trust.

Show original message
  • 136 messages
  • April 29, 2010 20:03
April 29, 2010 20:03

The discussion that is now arising has, in my opinion, nothing to do with my suggestion. It is simply to immediately see in a title whether it is a first edition and what the condition is.

Please note: this concerns a title that is (often) surrounded by many others on an overview page of a webshop.

So now you open an item that interests you (since you already know which state and which pressure you have clicked). The state can still be disappointing, you can never prevent that 100%.

Time saving and more user-friendly, I think.

Show original message
19of 19