19of 19
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 11:41
prices
info pages
reviews
Can it be considered to add items without an image? I just put a few arguments together (maybe there is something useful in between) a. Do not add an image b. A checkmark "image unknown" that is then replaced by default by a question mark, a red cross, a CW logo or anything else c. I don't have the item but I have all the info about it because I am 100% sure it exists d. If I have the info someone else might have the image e. If it's not in the catalog I can't add it to my search list either. F. For example, if I know for cigar bands that a band exists in 5 colors, I can already add 5 items even if I don't have them .....
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • May 11, 2020 12:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Can you consider adding items without an image?

Oops. On Catawiki that equates to cursing in church. You run a great risk of 'ghost items' being created. For example, items announced by publishers but never released.

If something like this is entered and lists of values are attached, an administrator can no longer delete the item. We assume that you can only enter something with certainty when you have it in your hands.

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 15:49
prices
info pages
reviews
Then I will first go to confession ;-). I have therefore given it as a future suggestion so that a whole procedure must first be worked out for it (must be traceable, administrator must be able to delete in case of abuse, ...). I have the feeling that if we have to wait for someone to have it in their collection (own photo, not from the net) this has a huge delay (especially for rare items, 1202871 is a complete surprise to me).
Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 16:12
prices
info pages
reviews
One more argument: I may have a catalog from the manufacturer that has all the photos of what he's offering for sale, but of course I don't own the item myself. For example crystal and porcelain
Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • May 11, 2020 16:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Once I was allowed to enter an illustration of a Spirou figurine, because I compared it on the Forum with an auctioned figurine which, after it turned out, had all kinds of restoration.

See https://www.catawiki.nl/ catalog / other / manufacturers-publishers / dupuis / 7367869-the-beautiful-spirited-spirou-figurine

As a snip, Arco has approved it, but also made a valid comment once that a catalog is not a museum or something like that. Ergo you can scan all pages of a comic book separately and enter it as object cutout. Which is a bit of nonsense then.

Entering a catalog is allowed, and then (idea?) 1 page of the object you want to show. Then you could give the object a name in the available sub field or explanation. Then something like this can be found.

I thought I saw items without a photo, but those were missing numbers from old comics magazines, or perhaps they have since been removed?

Show original message
  • 1,263 messages
  • May 11, 2020 16:45
prices
info pages
reviews
I don't mean scanning the catalog or a page of it. Since the catalog contains small images with article number and sales price, Ted's argument about non-existent items can be refuted. So I mean to enter (without image) those hundreds of items with manufacturer info and article number, knowing that I don't have them myself.
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 11, 2020 16:50
added
prices
reviews

Please do not repeat that endless discussion, items you may have entered yourself, otherwise not. Has already been extensively reported in the forum and handbooks.

And yes, items have slipped through the net, it doesn't matter, it's not allowed.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • May 11, 2020 17:05
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Jummeke, it was just an idea. And discussion is also allowed, there is a Forum for that and there are administrators who are entitled to close a topic. Have fun with the hobby!

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • May 12, 2020 20:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Harry56

The items without a photo date from the early days when the first items were imported from external sources. Later it became mandatory to include a photo.

This means that there are also items in it that do not exist, because they existed in the other data files at the time.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • May 13, 2020 07:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

BigBadWolf: You're right, I forgot those original imports from external sources, for example Bonte. I did not find it disturbing those catalog items magazines without photos. It was then a matter of adding photos. Bravo is another good example. So if someone is looking on the Forum and you have a number that doesn't have a photo or scan yet, it's nice to add that.

https: // www .catawiki.nl / catalog / comics / series-heroes / 9554-bravo-magazine? filter = 1 & amp; filters [6752] = 18190

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • May 13, 2020 11:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

So if someone is looking on the Forum and you have a number that doesn't have a photo or scan yet, it's nice to add that.

At Bravo! between 1940 and 1945 I did my best.

But indeed the pre-war ones are still an area to be explored!

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • May 13, 2020 13:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Between 1940 and 1945 I did my best.

Bravo! :-)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,233 messages
  • May 13, 2020 21:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Is there a reason why the name for the series " Bravo (magazine) " without ! is written? Only in the last 2 years (1950 and 1951) is the title Bravo, all previous 13 volumes was the title Bravo !.
The same also applies to " Bravo (magazine) [ French] ".

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 13, 2020 22:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The reason is that we always use the last used name.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,233 messages
  • May 13, 2020 22:05
added
prices
info pages
reviews

OK.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • July 24, 2020 14:52
added
prices

Even though it's often talked about, "I'd like to bring this to your attention I am willing and willing to adapt, but then clarity is necessary.
I'm going along with Morits's message (that's clear). but I run into this:

Enter

and / or use already entered data BUT item shows that nobody has that (anymore). (ghost?).

Statement: I have copy, but this is not MY scan, should I change it (existing one) or may it be used for collection copy ?.
(Even though they are almost identical, I'll leave it out for a moment.)
Or should I clean up, change the original data and everything on my nick?
(many search criteria and external search links also go into the soup, technically speaking)

I own several copies (for convenience I call home industry; bound) that are not yet listed.
Without a scan I cannot / may not enter that. (Home industry) only loose ('scanned') item is

Result: there is a 'ghost item', but if it exists, a 'backdoor' is opened anyway. Think this should be considered.

an example for checking (

SELLERS
Not yet offered for sale. You can add this item to your wish list using the add form on the right side of this screen. Then you will be notified immediately when it is offered for sale.
COLLECTORS
In search list of:
Not yet in a search list
In collection by:
Not yet in a collection

eg https://www.lastdodo.nl/catalogus/tijdschrift-kranten/tijdschrift-krant/starlog/6028111-starlog-65?area=bc4540ade68601f8dd3f1c9c75d770580963d6fd).
(probably once put up for sale)
Dilemma

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • July 24, 2020 17:23
added
prices
info pages

Lei, I read your story five times, but I still don't understand what exactly is bothering you.

As for the last example, there is no dilemma.

WonderlandStripsNL has more than 4 years ago 6028111 . Maybe it was for sale then or maybe it wasn't. All that matters is that the importer at that time owned the item and entered it with full scans and information. There is no obligation to put any item you enter into your collection or put it up for sale.

The fact that it says "Not yet in a collection" does not mean anything, because there are many collections that are on "private" and they are not shown here. I just added the item to my collection (even though I don't have it), so no one can see it.

A correctly entered catalog item may not be changed just like that. If you put it in your collection, you can make all kinds of notes and add photos that can only be seen with the link in your collection, without affecting the catalog listing.

So you can put Starlog 65 in your collection and mention that your copy is part of a bound set of, for example, the numbers 61 to 70. This bundling is not allowed in the catalog , so you will have to wait for someone to enter the other single numbers to be able to tick them.

And now the word to Arco ;-)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 24, 2020 17:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Items never disappear from the catalog, even if they were once entered by a collector or shop and then removed from the collection or shop. So those are not ghost items. Only nobody is visible anymore. But there are also users who have their collection private. They can still hang on such an item. You just can't see that.

If you have such an item yourself and it is neatly in the catalog, you can simply add the item to your collection. If the images are ugly or too small, you can upload your own scans or photos in the catalog and overwrite the ugly ones. In this way we all make it more beautiful together.

Does this answer your question?

edit: Bookstore and I were answering at the same time ... (;-)

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • July 24, 2020 19:14
added
prices

Yes gentlemen (ahum I assume otherwise excuse) It's clear.

It was more important to me, when I encounter an item that seems 'empty' in terms of
'belongs to', whether this was possibly such a ghost, and whether this should be reported (if desired).
Since the basic manual and div entries report only own ....

That I could add that, ok, that's clear, and tweak it further too ..
Of course also saves insertion data (just have to check for correctness and / or deviations).

Great, that is also known (hidden not shown, but can therefore be an existing item ).
Have a nice weekend and thanks for the explanation.

It might also benefit someone else.

Show original message
19of 19