22of 22
  • 234 messages
  • August 02, 2013 11:15
added
prices
reviews

Dear catwikians,

I think the site is becoming more and more a pure auction site. Catalog management is lagging behind dramatically and the only investment is the auctions. And given the latest newsletter there will be more auctions soon and this while items that have been entered into the catalog 3 weeks ago are still not reviewed.

I think this is a shame and I hope the creators and administrators will do not lose sight of the importance of a good, complete and neat catalog. I am not writing this to whine but just to draw some attention to this.

Maybe I am alone in this opinion? maybe not? I would say let it be!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 02, 2013 11:39
added
prices
reviews

I hope you understand that a backlog of about 140,000 books, for example, is not cleared in 3 weeks alone ... so new items are only sparingly featured ...

So .. if you think you are a connoisseur in one of the CW areas, apply as a catalog manager, we can use plenty.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • August 02, 2013 12:17
August 02, 2013 12:17

@gedo
The management of the catalog is entirely outside the auctions. Voluntary administrators do a lot of work in managing the catalog. Please sign up directly as a Catalog Manager.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • August 02, 2013 13:11
added
prices
reviews

@Money?

I am an Administrator of Books, Magazines and Dinky Toys and as a volunteer I have translated a large part of the Site into German, all this as a kind of Hobby and because I like it, everything happens in my free time next to my Work,

Reward never asked for but as a nice gift ever unexpectedly a Stripenvelop and for € 20 discount on an Auction.

And if I offer something at the Auction, it is no different than with other providers, it is just as rejected, or set to Concept and improve, and I also have to wait until there is room (all of this also applies to an Administrator).

and the Auction anyway with Shop sales and Advertising income, I don't think there would have been any more Catawiki in this form.

Mrsg Baron.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 02, 2013 17:31
added

It may not be the case, but I also get the idea that the cW thing is increasingly going to the auctions.

Image is probably formed because you have quite a lot of administrators in long threads about items that have been offered on the auction part.

Show original message
  • 1,194 messages
  • August 02, 2013 18:00
added
prices

Today I had the super administrator Ted for coffee

to discuss ea

without going into details, certain things are being worked hard on

if ted wants to say more he can post it here himself

@baron nice to have spoken to you is phone still intact?

it seems that terrible bassie and adriaan were not far away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctXu1igorgY

Show original message
  • 26 messages
  • August 02, 2013 18:05
added

If everyone who enters items does so correctly and as completely as possible, no reviews should be needed. But one is a bit more diligent than the other in it. I myself like completeness although when entering (for DVDs) fields such as composer, producer, screenwriter I feel like pffff who cares and I often skip those. Also when entering actors I usually limit myself to those mentioned on the DVD case. imdb is still there for that kind of information too. I use the site on the one hand to manage my comics and movies, on the other to buy stuff (especially comics). What I cannot find, I add myself. Until now I haven't had to do that for comics, but regularly for films. Comics is clearly one of the most popular categories. I would also like the movie section to be a bit more popular but there are plenty of other places where I can buy DVDs, for now I think it's fine for management. As far as management is concerned, I think Catawiki is very good, much better than all those management applications that I have tried in the past and cost a lot of money if you want something decent.

I do regularly receive emails from bidding on ... auction has started, but I immediately put it in the wastepaper basket. I don't care about that offering. If I want to buy something, I will place an order myself. The search list is a very useful tool for this.

Show original message
  • 1,194 messages
  • August 02, 2013 18:08
added
prices

You can also turn off emails you don't want

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 02, 2013 19:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Image is probably formed because you see quite a lot of administrators in long threads about articles that are offered on the auction part.

This is mainly due to the fact that auction providers sometimes completely are not interested in the catalog, but their items need to be reviewed by an administrator. So there is an interface that we have to live with.

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 02, 2013 19:19
added

So there is a common ground that we have to live with.

I understand.

But that more and more in a category is an auction,

really does mean that administrators have more and more work with it.

Or am I really seeing it so wrong ?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 02, 2013 19:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I wouldn't argue that the percentage of work we have on items from auction providers is higher than the regular input from collectors.

Often the problem with items from auction providers is that they don't understand the catalog because they do not work with it. They just want to sell, while the administrators are there to make the catalog as optimal as possible and, from their administrator role, are generally not interested at all in the commercial side of the site.

Especially with auction name bidders, we have to So spend a lot of time explaining that image 2 is usually for the back, that they do not have to enter the state of their own object in Details, etc ... And that in 4 languages mixed together. So it is a major concern.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 02, 2013 20:31
added
prices
reviews

My experience is that it takes a lot of time and e-mails to convince auction providers that the catalog is the basis

on the other hand if you understand it, it is also reasonably well done Instead of 2 just 3 scans and everyone knows how difficult this is

the annoying thing is that there are importers who use an A3 scaner looks tight but you are missing something

and the real enthusiast the image would turn a quarter and then important info we will find on the scan

what is annoying is the link with items, especially if one has a few items in the lot, the lot scans are generally bad also the descriptions .

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 02, 2013 20:31
added

Wouldn't it be better for auction providers to get their own piece of this site as their "interests" are completely different from most CW users who are collecting hobby?

Show original message
  • 1,194 messages
  • August 02, 2013 20:49
added
prices

everything hangs together

we sellers can want anything, but the collector pays for our living

which we work hard for

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 02, 2013 21:11
added
prices
reviews

Without buyers, no sellers

no providers without collectors

no split sellers collectors

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 02, 2013 21:16
added

Had once understood that CW was a collector's site and it was intended

was to create as large a database of collections as possible.

So it seems more and more that collecting is not really applicable, but more looking at how you can sell your thing as well as possible?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,353 messages
  • August 02, 2013 21:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It seems more and more that collecting is not really applicable, but more about how you can sell your thing in the best possible way

Can you clarify what problem you are currently experiencing as a collector? Then the content can be looked at and / or discussed.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 02, 2013 22:11
added
prices
reviews

Where I, and I think that also for antonieq,

is that items are auctioned without the catalog being filled with these types of items.

in addition, lots with several items of which some are or are not in the catalog or are not linked

In addition, it is of course just a shame that items are sometimes placed in the catalog at a minimum, time apparently costs money.

and what I put in it in the past I have indicated more often that the collectors and managers are unpaid employees!

and that does not apply to sellers and auction employees

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 02, 2013 22:30
added

Can you clarify what problem you are currently experiencing as a collector? Then the content can be looked at and/or discussed.

Personally, it doesn't bother me that much, but responded to this thread because I also noticed that auctions are getting more and more attention.

If you look in the forum sections , Books, Comics, Vinyl and Records in particular, you will encounter more and more posts in the last few months with questions about how to auction something or what is a certain status or whether articles have been placed in the database who absolutely do not meet the standard, so that management has a lot of (extra?) work.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,353 messages
  • August 02, 2013 23:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you look in the forum sections in particular, Books, Comics, Vinyl and Records, especially in the last few months you will come across more and more posts asking how to auction something or what is a certain status or whether articles have been posted in the database that absolutely does not comply with the standard, so management has a lot of (extra?) work

For users to ask questions is normal practice in the forum. It has been acknowledged that administrators were given extra work by incorrectly entering new (auction) items in the catalog and that is why this obligation has also disappeared.
The impression was created that the auctions put collectors at a disadvantage in working with the catalog. I was curious about those disadvantages to see / discuss whether something could be done about it.

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • August 02, 2013 23:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think the site is increasingly becoming a pure auction site. Catalog management is lagging behind dramatically and the only investment is the auctions. And given the latest newsletter there will be more auctions soon and this while items that were entered into the catalog 3 weeks ago are still not reviewed.

While the catalog is well established among users, auctions are a fairly new phenomenon. Because this is attracting a new type of providers, it is understandable that there are many questions about this that are answered as clearly as possible, partly by administrators. The aim is to also show these providers the benefits of a good and extensive catalog.

Due to this increase in questions and responses related to the auctions, it seems that the original catalog is moving more and more into the background. Nothing is less true. We are currently working hard on improving the catalog and we hope to present this in the not too long term.

The collector remains the pivot of everything. An attractive catalog and attractive auctions. Two pillars that together should form a solid foundation to make Catawiki the best that can be found on the internet in this area.

With the catalog, this mainly revolves around the commitment of our administrators. Thanks to their knowledge and commitment, the catalog is getting better and more complete. Management does not consist of blindly approving items. Each new item is thoroughly examined and checked. Given the extent to which the catalog is replenished every day, it is not always possible for administrators to keep up. In addition, we do not yet have any administrators for a number of sections.

We are therefore diligently looking for more collectors who, from their collection area, want to register as a manager. If you are interested or want to know more, you can send me a message at any time.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 02, 2013 23:57
added
prices
reviews

The impression was given that the auctions put collectors at a disadvantage when working with the catalogue. I was curious about those disadvantages to see/discuss whether something can be done about it.

I reported this drawback yesterday on that J Hendrix mini lp which is presumably green

So there is an item in the catalog that is very briefly described

Let me presuppose that the importer is absolutely of good will.

In addition, what do you do with counterfeits, accept?

How do I recognize a collector a counterfeit?

Just a bit of email exchange. It's not about that Hendrix

There are a few things we should distinguish, so we can be sure we are talking about the same thing. A bootleg is generally a live recording, or demos of a musician or group, that stands alone. From fans for fans. There are no bootlegs of official releases. These are counterfeits or forgeries. So we are talking about a counterfeit if the picture ever existed as an original,

Is it about an item that is official? has been released and a counterfeit!

Wasn't yet in the catalog.

Show original message
22of 22