4of 4
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • October 31, 2011 00:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

As a novice collector of tokens, I don't know much about it yet. If I want to enter / add my tokens to my collection, I can choose from different states of the token. Most I understand, but the rest?

What do they all mean and what are the criteria?

I and I think many others often use this forum as some sort of manual and it would be helpful if that definition were included here.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • November 14, 2011 15:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Found in the coin forum: Explanation conditions as they can be entered on Catawiki . Here is a whole discussion, so here only the explanation as it was finally accepted copied:

PROOF / BU
Collector quality. These coins are specially struck for collectors and are specially treated so that no damage can occur.
FDC / UNC
Fleur de Coin / Uncirculated. This coin has not been in circulation and therefore shows no wear. The only possible damages are those from the manufacturing process.
Pr (Beautiful)
Beautiful. There is certainly no wear and hardly any scratch with the naked eye.
ZFr (Very Fine)
Very Fine. There is almost no wear (often only on the edges higher parts and this in the form of scratches.)
Fr (Fine)
Nice. There is a lot of wear on the coin, but everything is still legible.
G (Good)
Good. The coin is extremely worn and hardly any detail is visible anymore. Year and value are very difficult to distinguish.

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • November 14, 2011 16:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is all already in the catalog, just have a look at an item and click on it at the bottom of the page where it says - Explanation Conditions -. The money for almost all categories.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • November 14, 2011 18:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thanks for the information! I hadn't used that button on tokens yet. For other collection sections, the explanation there was not as extensive.

For the novice collector he can now also continue to enter his collection in CataWiki with this explanation. Now it is at least recorded in CataWiki how you can see that. Thank you again for this.

Show original message
4of 4