3of 3
  • 2 messages
  • July 31, 2019 19:40
added
July 31, 2019 19:40
What is the difference between these two types? I think there is no difference between and places everyone but randomly in one of the two types, it seems to me, also since about 2 years ago (when I was last working with this category) only souvenir tokens were really in use in souvenirs penny was then only one penny. And I don't think there is really a clear demarcation between the two. The titles of the two are also very similar Greetings Marc
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • July 31, 2019 21:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The Souvenir Penny is a coin that is used by means of a roller is flattened and a tourist image is printed on it during that process.

The Souvenir Tokens actually speak for themselves. Coins you buy as they are spent.

There are idd pennies with the tokens. These will have to be placed by one of the administrators at the correct collection area. Maybe they can come up with a better name.

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • July 31, 2019 21:51
added
prices
info pages

If you compare the types of Souvenir tokens and Souvenir Penny , you will see clear differences.

The first kind (I can't get the section opened at the moment) consists of round "coins" that are made in memory of a certain (touristic) place or event.

Souvenir pennies are also called "pressed pennies" or "elongated coins", because they are made in special machines from (usually) real coins (1 or 5 cents) that are stamped and stretched. This pressing erases the old coin image and replaces it with a new one.

See e.g.

Ted beat me to it. Perhaps "Rolled pennies" is a clearer name (with all other denominations as name variations).

Show original message
3of 3