8of 8
  • 6 messages
  • February 02, 2012 14:35
added
prices
February 02, 2012 14:35

For purchases in CATAWIKI apply, among others. the following lines:

2. Condition must be right.
The chosen condition must match the item offered by the seller. It is not allowed to choose a condition that is better than the actual condition of the item. Please rate the object fairly.

3. Own images must be correct.
If your own image is added - something that we and potential buyers very much welcome - then the image must really be of the item on offer.

I think these rules should also apply to the lots that are offered at the Comic Auction.

So that no problems can arise if it appears on delivery that a purchased item does not meet the requirements for which you have bid or purchased it.

Please share your experiences, comments and reactions

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • February 02, 2012 16:51
added
prices
reviews

I have won several lots as described by the auctioneer so beautifully and all purchases were exactly in the condition as described or shown.

So I have no experience that the descriptions and photos do not correspond to the actual condition of the album.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • February 02, 2012 17:06
added
prices
February 02, 2012 17:06

Unfortunately I have a different experience.

Hence, I am in favor of capturing because

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • February 02, 2012 19:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Just to give an example: lot 83 is in good to very good condition.

But if you then look a little further, the book block has been put back in and they also had to do that in the book block to keep things together.

I would add a different condition to that too. Fortunately, the photos do not lie, although they do not show it very well ...

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • March 25, 2012 19:50
prices

State description is quite a subjective thing. I am personally quite maniacal (self-knowledge) when it comes to states and descriptions. My advice is very simple: read the description very carefully, study the photos carefully and if in doubt do not buy. That's how I do it and since then I can count the number of bad buys on one hand every year, and I buy a lot via the internet. Regards, Nick. ps. can you actually request additional photos at the comics auction?

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • March 25, 2012 20:09
March 25, 2012 20:09

ps. can you actually request additional photos at the comics auction?

Do you mean whether you can download the photos or whether more photos can be requested?

The first is certainly possible and the second can be requested from the provider. Fortunately, in most cases more than 3 photos are already posted. The latter is especially useful with antiquarian comics, especially compared to the standard 3 photos in the shops.

Show original message
  • 120 messages
  • March 27, 2012 22:11
added
prices
reviews
  • The condition of an item is always somewhat subjective, even with the Catawiki standards for condition description. Sometimes the problem is that the seller mainly tells what is good about the item, and to a lesser extent what the negatives are. The photos must of course be of the object to be sold; if made with care, they often give a clear picture of the actual situation. Lots with vague or insufficient photos (depending on the item) should be temporarily rejected by the auctioneer.
  • Each lot in the catalog should also be reviewed by an administrator before it can be offered for auction. Nowadays, for example, original records and unknown items are quickly added to the catalog by the seller (sometimes with a substantial valuation), and then offered for auction. Afterwards, a discussion arises on the forum because, for example, it is not certain who made the drawing correctly or from which album it comes. This especially applies to studios (Vandersteen, Nys, etc ...). Also for special "unique" matters, an administrator should first set the light to green in the catalog after reseach. after all, the debates on the forum are only followed by a limited group of people, and strange things have already come to light ...
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • March 28, 2012 07:15

Also, each lot in the catalog should be reviewed by an administrator before it can be offered for auction. Nowadays, for example, original records and unknown items are quickly added to the catalog by the seller (sometimes with a substantial valuation), and then offered for auction.

Let's talk about reviewing original records in advance.

Firstly, the information at the auction is often more extensive and therefore more specific than in the catalog itself.
Even when reviewing beforehand, strange things can arise.

Second, it is unclear to administrators which items are for auction and which are not.

Thirdly, speaking for myself, I am mainly clearing up debris in various categories, and I have absolutely no time to deal intensively with auction items.
I am an administrator at 12 sections, and I also do all kinds of other things for Catawiki that have nothing to do with management I think that's actually enough volunteer work, I believe that auction.
The other administrators of this section also wear different hats.

A solution could be that you register yourself as the administrator of this section, and take it upon yourself to review all auction items in advance.
You are already an administrator for the comics, so you can do it there.

Fourth, 1 administrator never knows as much as all the other administrators put together.

Personally, I therefore see more viewing days, so that everyone has more time to intervene on items that raise questions.

Show original message
8of 8