Go to page
25of 33
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • November 19, 2010 17:05
reviews

Lately there have been many questions about the export function and many wishes have been posted on the forum.

This week we started working with the export function and realized a lot of improvements. Even though it is not quite ready yet, we have already put the new version on the site because it already contains so many improvements that we expect a lot of people to be waiting for.

We will continue with it next week. Hence it is still called an experimental version.

What's improved:

1. The file format. We used a file format that only worked with certain versions of Excel. Because of this you could not read it in other spreadsheets. We now use the 'real' Excel format. You can now use all versions of Excel as well as other spreadsheets. We have already tested with Google Docs and Pages (on the Mac) and it all works fine. If anyone can test it with OpenOffice, let me know if it works properly.
  2. The format . We chose a layout that looks nice. However, if you want to use pivot tables or the filter function in Excel, that will not work. That is why a second tab has now been added. It contains the same information, but all information is now on 1 line. This makes it easy to make selections.
  3. The catalog value The catalog value is now also (if present) for each item. Of course you will see the catalog value that corresponds to the condition of the item.
  4. The value of your collection. The ability to calculate the value of your collection has been in demand. For this we have included an extra column with catalog value on the second tab. The first column always contains the catalog value. Not always in the second column. It happens that an item is in the list several times (for example because there are several series in a comic album). The catalog price will then only appear once in the second column. So the sum of the second column of catalog values is the value of your collection. Of course only those items for which a catalog value is known.
  5. Quantity An extra column has been added with the number of items you have.
  6. Email You no longer have to wait for your export to be completed. As soon as you have requested an export, you can immediately continue working on the site. The export is then made on Catawiki's servers. As soon as it is ready you will receive an email with the link to download your export.

What still needs to be done:

1. Print sales price
    At this point, the sale price will not be printed when you export your shop.
  2. Good solution for duplicate items in the export
    At this point, an item may appear in the export multiple times. For example, because in the case of comics the item has several series. We are going to look at a nice solution for this.
  3. Layout
    Some of the columns are still a bit on the narrow side.
  4. List price of items without list price
    To calculate the total value of your collection, you must of course also do something with items that do not yet have a catalog price in Catawiki. We are going to offer a simple solution for this. Based on your collection, the average value of an item in your collection is calculated. This is then used as a basis for calculating an indication of the value of your collection. So any item that does not have a list price is given the average value as an indicative list price. Not perfect, of course, but better than they don't count at all.

As I wrote, it is still an experimental version. So some crazy things can still happen. If so, please let us know here in the forum.

And .. if you are at the Verzamelaarsjaarbeurs this weekend, please visit us at our booth.

Good weekend!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 224 messages
  • November 19, 2010 18:45

Great, looks neat.

I only have to add the value of the columns myself if I want to determine my catalog value? Or am I not looking well?

And maybe a more difficult point. I would like to be able to sort my coins by country and then by value. Now I know that I can sort myself, but now, for example, after the series with value '1 cent', the series with value '1 guilder' is listed. So I would like to sort by nominal value, so that after the value '0.01 guilders', the value will be '0.05 guilders'. I can then create the sequence 'country', 'nominal value', 'year', which I think (and iig for me) is the most manageable. Is that a bit logical, I hope so. I also hope it is possible.

Greetings and keep it up. Nice all those innovations in quick succession.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • November 19, 2010 19:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It works well and fast.

Both the collection and the shop are displayed properly.
Even the selling price is stated (for the flat version).
The total count is easy to make yourself in the spreadsheet and corresponds to what is stated in Catawiki in the shop settings.

Also good that the comments / details of your item are included.

This is a big step forward, thank you for that.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • November 19, 2010 19:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Looking good Marco. With this I can show up in the direction of Paardekooper!

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • November 19, 2010 22:06
added
prices
reviews

Doesn't go wrong just with me.

For compilation albums, the value is the number of times an artist is listed before, consequence

the value is 23 times too high in the total. Install the filter value, but mention it once at the same catalog number

Ambrosia 25

Beatles, The 25

Bee Gees, The 25

Brothers Johnson, The 25

Cocciante, Richard 25

The Paul, Lynsey 25

Essex, David 25

Ferry, Bryan 25

Four Seasons, The 25

Gabriel, Peter 25

Gross, Henry 25

John, Elton 25

Laine, Frankie 25

London Symphony Orchestra, 25

Lynne, Jeff 25

Malone, Will & amp; Reizner, Lou 25

Moon, Keith 25

Reddy, Helen 25

Sayer, Leo 25

Status Quo 25

Stewart, Rod 25

Turner, Tina 25

Valli, Frankie 25

Wood, Roy 25

For that value, please contact a buyer, please take the postage for account within the Netherlands if necessary I will bring it myself by bicycle.

otherwise very good.

Show original message
  • 1,756 messages
  • November 19, 2010 23:05
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Quite an improvement.

Suggestion for the items without (catalog) value. Make visible somewhere how many there are and what the average value used is.

Preferably as part of a general list that also includes things like the total number of items and the total calculated value.

I know that I can distil all those things out myself, but not every collector is a daily spreadsheet user and an extra tab with the most important 'conclusions' would be quite handy.

Show original message
  • 10 messages
  • November 20, 2010 09:50
November 20, 2010 09:50

Looks good.

I did a small check with OpenOffice.org and that looks good too.

Show original message
  • 1,402 messages
  • November 22, 2010 21:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Something is not quite right with the export within the Records and CDs category, namely the following:

If I make a selection of all the singles I have and export that, then the artists are missing and that is quite difficult :-) By the way, that does not happen if I export all items in my collection. Maybe there is a connection with the sorting? It is then by Catawiki number and not by year.

Show original message
  • 1,402 messages
  • November 22, 2010 21:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

To come back to my previous post: the sorting is not entirely by cw number. It resembles groups of cw numbers that increase within the group.

Even if I sort my singles by title, I get the same random order as if I don't sort (= by year).

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • November 22, 2010 21:27

removed

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • December 01, 2010 15:47
reviews

Pegag: Suggestion for the items without (catalog) value. Make visible somewhere how many there are and what the average value used is.

Preferably as part of a general list that also includes things like the total number of items and the total calculated value.

We just added a new version of the export feature to Catawiki.

A new tab has now been added with the calculation of the total value of your collection. If no list price is known for items, the value of the item is estimated based on the average value of the items you have in your collection with the same condition.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • December 06, 2010 08:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Marco,

A great asset for my comics and records. I can do something with that towards Paardekooper.

Unfortunately, I can't do much, or rather nothing, with the export from alcoholic beverages. As you know I have my whiskey collection there, but it mainly generates the irrelevant fields.

What I need for valuation and correctness determination is the following:

-brand -bottler -age -distilled in (year) -bottled in (year) -content -% -cask no. -bottle no. -specifications -Catawiki number

It would then be nice if the CW number included a link to the item on CW.

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • December 09, 2010 22:55
added
prices

Maybe I am over asking, but I have the following 'problem':

I have put the entire collection of Agatha Christie on Catawiki, some booklets contain shorter stories. I have also mentioned all of them. I was hoping that I could see an overview of all Agatha Christie stories in the export.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that overview not visible?

I also cannot find the stories in the search function.

With comics you will see those "sub-stories".

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 09, 2010 23:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Stories are not (yet) exported anywhere and indeed you cannot (yet) search for them.

With Comics, the stories are also not included in the export, you know, only the titles of the items.

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • December 09, 2010 23:47
added
prices

Thanks for the quick response.

But when I look at comic mix, those 'stories' are mentioned in the overview.

Or am I wrong?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 10, 2010 00:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Take a closer look; not the stories are mentioned, but the TITLE of the item is mentioned for every series / hero of which a story is included. All comics where there is only one series / hero are also listed only once.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • December 20, 2010 12:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Problems with export?

I no longer receive an email with a link to the export file (and it cannot be related to my settings)

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • December 24, 2010 09:48
December 24, 2010 09:48

Maybe I am not doing something right because for me he does not show numbers and prices for a collection of 240 stamps. ?

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • December 24, 2010 10:20
reviews

1955-chevy: I no longer receive mail with link to export file (and it can't be related to my settings)

Can you send me the email you have received. I just checked it and I do get a link in the email.

Marco

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • December 24, 2010 10:22
reviews

cpsap: Maybe I am not doing something right because for me it does not show numbers and prices for a collection of 240 stamps. ?

I'll email you about this.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • December 24, 2010 10:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Marco

The problem is that the mail does not arrive at all.

Just ran it on some features and guess what, only comics doesn't arrive. So the rest is.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 24, 2010 11:19
added
prices
December 24, 2010 11:19

For those double mentions in comics: perhaps create / oblige the possibility to indicate a main series, if several series are linked.
No idea whether this should be done via the item, or if this could be done via the own collection (so that everyone can decide for themselves which series is most important).

Show original message
  • 64 messages
  • December 27, 2010 13:30
added
prices
reviews

Also a problem for me.

When I export my collection of Securities, I get a neat overview of the securities in worksheet 1. However, in worksheets 2 and 3, it lists my coins and not the securities. When I export the coin or picture postcard collection, I get the exact same excel file. By the way, I open this file in Numbers (on an Apple computer), but I don't think that's the problem.

???

With kind regards and best wishes,

Sjaak301

Show original message
  • 23 messages
  • December 28, 2010 18:05
added
prices
reviews

The (experimental) export function for postcards does not work for me. My collection is 10,000+ cards and there are only 9 in the excel. The same problem as indicated earlier with the search list. I think there is a selection by place name. If no city name is entered in the Catawiki item, the item will not be selected.

Show original message
  • 185 messages
  • December 29, 2010 15:06
added
prices
reviews

I have exported my stamps. Unfortunately there are 32 stamps that would have no catalog value in Catawiki. That is the case for at least 5 of them.

Worse is that of those 32 there would be 29 canceled in my collection while I only import MNH. I checked that again with a sample of 5.

This makes me doubt the correctness of the rest of the exports and therefore the reliability. As such, the export is unusable for me.

The stamps are almost all from 1 period 1964-1976. There is 1 from 1993.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 33