Go to page
25of 143
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • October 20, 2010 13:53
reviews

The feedback system has just gone live. It is now possible to give sellers feedback on orders placed. This is important because it gives prospective buyers insight into the trustworthiness of a seller.

As a buyer, you can provide feedback if the seller changes the status of your order (for example, to Shipped) or if the seller has not responded to your order after a week. In the first case, as a buyer, you will receive an email asking for feedback. You can also always give feedback via the page with the overview of your orders in the left column on your profile page (your profile page is if you are logged in via the link next to your username, at the top right of any page).

As a buyer you can give a positive, neutral or negative judgment. If you wish to give a negative assessment, we will first ask you whether you have previously reported your dissatisfaction to the seller and whether you have given him a reasonable opportunity to resolve the reported issues. We think that is a condition. Something can always go wrong unintentionally and a good seller will be happy to solve a real problem. It is therefore not the intention to simply give negative feedback publicly without first talking to a seller about it. If you still cannot reach a mutual agreement and you give negative feedback, an explanation is required. The seller then has the opportunity to respond and to put his side of the story in return. You can respond once to avoid long discussions between buyer and seller. The buyer still has the option to revise his feedback judgment based on the seller's response.

You can give neutral feedback if you are not positive but think a negative feedback is going too far because this is a heavy means to express your dissatisfaction.

The feedback is shown to the seller as the percentage of positive feedback that does not take neutral feedback into account (this is a common definition that also uses eBay). It also indicates how many reviews a seller has had and since when the seller has been active on Catawiki. The feedback percentage is shown when feedback has been given at least 5 times, otherwise it doesn't say much. In the beginning, many sellers will therefore say that there is no feedback score yet. Today we will ask the Catawiki sellers who have placed one or more orders this year, via e-mail, to give feedback on the orders placed earlier this year.

In a Catawiki shop you can see the feedback in the left column under the shopping cart block. Only in the so-called "external shop" (the shop without Catawiki navigation that everyone has via their own web address www.catawiki.nl/username) do we not show the feedback score because the idea is that sellers also use it as their own, stand-alone webshop.

In the catalog, you can see the feedback score of those providers as a so-called "mouse-over text" when you see an overview of the providers of a certain item, by hovering over the providers with your mouse and always thinking about a provider. whose score you want to see.

We hope that the feedback system will assist buyers in choosing whether and where to buy a particular item. Although a feedback system is a sensitive topic for sellers, we believe we have overcome a common objection by building in that oversimplified negative feedback is not given without contact with the seller. We have deliberately chosen not to let sellers also give a feedback assessment of the buyer. In practice (eBay) this often leads to blackmail: "Be careful, if you give me negative feedback, I will also give you negative feedback." It has been the case for some time now that sellers, if they set the status of an order to "Canceled", can indicate that a buyer does not respond after the order. We are also now entering that we will actively compare those notifications and shut down unresponsive buyers repeatedly.

Incidentally, we are convinced that the feedback system not only helps buyers, but that good, bona fide sellers will also benefit greatly from the feedback system because it allows them to distinguish themselves.
We are very curious about your feedback on our feedback system :-)
There are probably still things to improve and we are certainly open to that.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • October 20, 2010 14:37

removed

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • October 20, 2010 14:48
reviews

Willem: Works nicely, but when viewing an item, the block "collectors and shops" jumps with a mouse-over. You can see what the feedback is for a shop, but it is very nervous ...

You use IE6 during the day, right? We had seen that too. We are currently working on how to fix it.

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • October 20, 2010 15:23
added
prices

I assume I cannot be given feedback on an order that I have canceled?

Will look a lot like E-bay now.

Who will be bidding on Catawiki?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 15:36
added
prices
reviews

You can always make an offer :-)

You can also give feedback on a canceled order. You don't think that's desirable, I think?

This was done because - perhaps theoretically, but still - otherwise, in the event of a conflict with a buyer, the seller would simply have to set the status to Canceled in order to be free from any negative feedback.

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • October 20, 2010 16:43
added
prices

So if a disappointed potential buyer sees a book he or said ordered canceled, they immediately throw a negative feedback on it.

because they will be slightly not amused.

Don't think this system is watertight yet.

Do not think that you can just throw a feedback system into a test phase.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 16:54
added
prices
reviews

It is also not intended as a test though. Although there is always room for improvement and we are open to that.

It is indeed not the intention to give negative feedback if a delivery cannot be made by mistake, for example because something has been sold through another channel. We will immediately state that clearly when giving the feedback.

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • October 20, 2010 17:02
added
prices

Super!

That is why I would like to help,

it is also clearly stated that we deliver, for example, within 7 days after payment in the payment order.

Some people may buy something and expect it to be delivered the next day.

it might also be useful not to leave negative feedback after reading the terms and conditions of the relevant shop.

sometimes something has to be ordered in our case, which takes a little longer because it has just been sold out in the store.

that is not our fault, but the publishers.

sometimes it can take a long time or a damaged delivery arrives.

you understand I don't like the E-bay mentality,

Greetings Koen

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • October 20, 2010 17:15
added
prices

assume seller may also provide feedback

I think this is fair on all transactions

this way you keep the system in balance

otherwise the seller is very powerless

nbb's would like to give a red one

being as a seller

Show original message
Trixi
POWER
  • 8 messages
  • October 20, 2010 19:35
added
prices
October 20, 2010 19:35

Just received my first negative Feedback today !!

It was about an auction that was canceled due to a stock breakdown ..

I would have preferred the sale to continue ...

I think it is a shame that the buyer immediately plunges into the negative Feedback without first consulting the forum about this .. because it is only just in place !!

In any case, a big compliment to the efforts of the Catawiki team ...

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • October 20, 2010 20:01
October 20, 2010 20:01

My apologies to Trixi for my negative feedback. I have been a little too fast and confused you with another shop, where I have placed a similar order, and have not heard from for two months. You responded very quickly by reporting that my ordered item was out of stock. I want to change my feedback to good. You could not deliver, but responded very quickly, thank you and my apologies again.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • October 20, 2010 20:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Funny that you first have to check that you have been in contact with the seller to indicate that he is not responding!

I also have the problem that some orders did not go through, but that the seller did not set them to 'canceled'. And I cannot change a status.

Do I need to provide feedback now? Would a button 'order did not go through' also not good.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 20:50
added
prices
reviews

Hi Trixi,

It was about an auction that was canceled due to a stock breakdown ..

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "stock break"?

(By the way, these are not auctions on Catawiki, but that aside)

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 20:52
added
prices
reviews

Hi Puurveen,

assume seller may also provide feedback

As we wrote above:

We have deliberately chosen not to let sellers also give a feedback assessment of the buyer. In practice (eBay) this often leads to blackmail: "Be careful, if you give me negative feedback, I will also give you negative feedback." It has been the case for some time now that sellers, if they set the status of an order to "Canceled", can indicate that a buyer does not respond after the order. We are now also entering that we will actively compare those notifications and close unresponsive buyers repeatedly.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 324 messages
  • October 20, 2010 20:56
added
prices
reviews

I now read here that before a negative feedback is given, the buyer should first address his complaints with the seller. And although I am happy with the (negative) feedback, because I can take advantage of that after all, that has not happened now.

I understand the justified disappointment, but I did not notice this during the e-mail exchange about the order and I feel that there was no problem.

Regardless of the specific case, the key question is whether negative feedback is appropriate if the seller has not been aware of any problems?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 21:25
added
prices
reviews

Hi LangeJan01,

I do not think that is right. A seller must always be given the opportunity to explain or rectify a problem. Something can always go wrong. I know you as a very bona fide seller so this will be a bit too quick a response from the feedback provider. Just point him / her to this thread, he might want to adjust his feedback score based on that.

René

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • October 20, 2010 21:53
added
prices
reviews

It is indeed not the intention to give negative feedback if a delivery cannot be made by mistake, for example because something has been sold through another channel. We will immediately state that clearly when giving the feedback.

This is now clearly stated when giving feedback. Anyone who has received negative feedback because something was discontinued once can refer to this.

Incidentally, feedback has already been given more than 1,000 times today! Thank you very much to everyone for the enthusiastic reactions.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • October 20, 2010 22:24
added
prices
reviews

Where can I find the feedback ABOUT me?

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • October 20, 2010 22:34
added
prices
reviews

so through my shop ....

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • October 20, 2010 23:46
added
prices

@ rene

the well-known feedback blackmail

know the phenoneme also sold on ebay for a while

but still I found that the system would give better mutual feedback

most of the buyers went fine luckily let's put that first

but there were still sometimes people who ordered but never paid

abbreviated nbb

non-paying bidders

they probably got an email first

then after a week and no response a red

can sellers also block buyers?

eg newies

or with a score of minus 5 or something

those were options on ebay before

my position is 2 parties are involved in a transaction

so both sides feedback

otherwise you place absolute power with the buyer

don't know what other sellers and buyers think about it?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • October 20, 2010 23:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

pure peat: offtopic and excuse if it's my browser's fault, but all your posts have more blanks than text.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • October 20, 2010 23:58
added
prices

@ scam is not your browser

is up to me, so I try to keep it a bit clear

I am still bad at the nl language

as most know

unfortunately

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • October 21, 2010 02:02
added
prices
info pages

Feedback for buyers is completely unnecessary, as having a good "reputation" is only useful for sellers. After all, a buyer chooses a seller, not the other way around.

There is, of course, the pleasure of a good score, but buyers are primarily concerned with what they buy, not what sellers think of them. For sellers there is the psychological motive of "retaliation" for criticism perceived as unjustified, but anyone who takes a professional attitude knows that such a gut reaction often has a negative impact on the giver.

By the way, sellers on eBay have not been able to give negative feedback for years.

The option for sellers to give a factual response to feedback received, to highlight the other side of a (bad) transaction, is of course essential.

And of course there must be a possibility to report defaulters and to suspend them repeatedly. That is much more effective than giving negative feedback (which no one reads anyway).

(As a seller, I would not just consider every buyer who no longer responds as a defaulter. Sometimes you give someone the benefit of the doubt, especially if it is a new user.)

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • October 21, 2010 02:29
added
prices
info pages

If you order 10 items at the same time (as 1 order) you can give 1 feedback. If you order all ten items separately (as 10 orders) you can give 10 feedbacks, which also count 10 times in the score. Do I understand that so well?

Show original message
  • 380 messages
  • October 21, 2010 07:19

removed

Show original message
Go to page
25of 143