14of 14
  • 2 messages
  • August 27, 2010 19:38
August 27, 2010 19:38

when I click on my shop my computer switches off after a longer or shorter period of time. problem with driver for hardware and software says windows. is this problem known and what can be done about it?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 27, 2010 23:52
added
prices

The impulsive response that first comes to mind is:

Buy an apple Imac as soon as possible.

I made that decision too (years ago) and my productivity has improved 1000 percent.

I also had the problem you describe. in addition, hours of sessions to clean the registry, defragment, and remove viruses. windows again. And at the end of the ride, I still had a very slow machine. I spent more time on this kind of nonsense than working on the computer. Apple doesn't have all this kind of shit.

Anyway, if you still want to continue with a PC, first go to the store where you bought it. They may have a software update for you (Bios?).

Otherwise, perform a restore (should be located somewhere in your control panel)
you can also update or reset windows. (Make sure to back up first if you can).

Anyway, I'm no longer “into” windows, so maybe a Windows expert has better advice.

Show original message
  • 45 messages
  • August 29, 2010 13:51
added

Dear Thea,

The problem description is too incomplete to give good advice about the problem.

The simplest solution is often a reinstallation of Windows.
(if you want to stick with Windows).

If you proceed with a reinstallation, keep in mind that you have to reinstall programs and that you make a backup of any files (photos, documents, etc.) on your computer.

The reason given above for switching to Mac is my view a bit too short.
I myself am completely NOT a fan of Mac, but well that has a very different reason than their technique, so I won't go into it any further.

What I personally think is a great alternative to Windows is Ubuntu, this is a Linux "variant" which is very user-friendly and works very simple, even for non-computer people :)

Yes it takes some getting used to, but so is Mac (osx).
It even looks a bit like osx.
You can download a so-called live CD from their site to have a look at the ease of use before you want to install it.

The only “problem” I could imagine for some people is that you can't install Windows applications, but well you have this problem on a Mac too.
For most Windows applications you can find excellent or in some cases even better alternatives for Linux (Ubuntu) or for Mac.

But resume, backup your files to e.g. usb disk, reinstall Windows.

ooh 1 more thing, Linux = FREE ! : D and it doesn't restrict you like Apple (@ * # & amp;! #). :)

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 29, 2010 21:59
added
prices

Dear Thea,

Mac has bootcamp or the software parallels desktop so you can still run Windows if you want to.

Just as different from the discussion, I am curious about the so-called limitations of Apple that you set “Cairo”

Speaking of limitations: I have found the 10 years that I have used Windows to be very limiting.

As said before, I have spent many hours cleaning the registry, defraining it, removing viruses. I was more than fed up with that windows bondage.
Moreover, it has cost me at least 1000 euros in anti spyware and virus killers over the years.

I advise everyone to throw off that windows straitjacket and buy an Imac.
Let's face it now. it is always surprising with windows whether your computer is slow, even slower or very slow.

Almost all the software you need is already there.
Due to the user-friendliness of the Mac and the lack of time-consuming Windows problems, my productivity has increased sharply and I had earned back the Imac in half a year.

I dare say that it is a blessing to buy an Imac, especially for not very experienced computer users. My life has revolutionized it!

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 29, 2010 22:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Oops Steve vs Bill!
I guess it doesn't matter much if you know a little bit about what you're doing.
For years I have used Apple for home-kitchen and garden applications (text-internet-graphics) and also a PC for the games and professional applications that were not available on Mac.
Apple (was) = perfectly stable, reliable but slow.
Windows (was) = "I have no words for it"
Since Vista I have switched to PC because maintaining two systems is too much hassle. That goes (reasonably) well, but it has become as slow as Apple and IE scratches all the time (Bill knows why).
I stick with PC because of the games, otherwise I would like to go back to Apple / Mac.

Show original message
  • 45 messages
  • August 29, 2010 23:33
added

offtopic :)
Anyway, Apple is really great at one thing (as far as I'm concerned) that is marketing!

Limitations, hmmm iphone / ipad itself cannot pack a battery.
applications that can disappear spontaneously if Apple doesn't like them anyway, hmmm hardware is the most expensive compared to the competition.
imac, well not much to criticize besides the price ..
If I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't be running anything on your device other than Mac OS / IOS right? (could be wrong).

Then because of the great marketing team and the hype people get into, they sell like crazy!
It turns out with the new iPhone that the antenna is just rubbish, you don't hear anyone about it .. it remains striking, if something like this would happen to Microsoft, Google, HTC then it would be a rubbish thing ..

Yes, I have regularly worked with apples, they work fine indeed, nothing to criticize, I am more concerned with the company about the mac / iphone / ipad :)

Anyway, you also know what OSX is based on, don't you? :)
Unix! : D

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 30, 2010 00:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Offtopic again ;-)
Iphone / Ipad, not for me, those are gizmo’s, Ipod on the other hand was 100% hit.

quote imac, well not much to criticize besides the price ..

I have recently stopped looking at the price for a PC / computer. The Macs I ever bought still work. Recently I have had quite a few bad experiences for the PCs (laptop). I now only buy premium brands (I will not mention names here).

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 66 messages
  • August 30, 2010 06:47
added
prices
reviews

The management of the then Netscape described Windows as
“A poorly dedugged set of instructions”. In other words, Windows was not worthy of being called a program, let alone an OS full of errors. Well, Netscape knew that.
Bill the Cowboy offered $ 1 million for the entire Netscape company, whose stock market value was thousands of times higher at the time.
This tip was accompanied by a "poorly debugged set of instructions" in the form of a number of criminal threats.
When Netscape declined, Netscape suppliers and customers were blackmailed by Microsoft to stop doing business with Netscape “or else…”. The PC is a wonderful invention, to which Cowboy Bill contributed nothing. It has been cleverly abused.
Windows is still “a poorly debugged set of instructions”, poorly structured and very user-unfriendly. It also looks unsightly.

Indeed Unix is the past, not the now, but the future.
Cowboy Bill soon bought shares of Linux, because he can already see the storm coming.
85% of Microsoft's revenue comes from Windows. Once Windows is outdated, nothing remains of Microsoft. Microsoft is one of the least innovative companies in the world. How can you maintain a monopoly with such a worthless product? Only with dirty play. But Bill is in, though.

Then Apple. This year surpassed Microsoft in stock market value.
Innovative on all sides with beautiful and very slick products with the iPod as a great catalyst. However, the stuff is outdated even before it is on the shelf, you cannot tinker with it, the number of users is a fraction of the number of PC users. Totally worthless for gamers. Add to that Apple's blatant greed for money by wanting all software - especially itunes and music - to run through their format and stores.

So both Apple and Microsoft are doing the wrong thing.

The future really lies with the Wikis. I hope that the European Union will start a project with Linux, or set up a competition for a new OS and use and promote it in Europe.
Linux is a beautiful OS, but not user-friendly at all.
With his shares in Linux, Bill does surprisingly little to put Linux on the map. Cowboy Bill sits on his set of instructions as if it were the eighth wonder of the world. Still "poorly debugged", of course. It's his trademark. Or should I say “brand”. If the smoke from all this burning has cleared his head, Microsoft has gone up in that same smoke. As far as I am concerned, “straight to hell”. With the other bugs.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,330 messages
  • August 30, 2010 09:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think these kinds of discussions have been conducted a long time ago on Tweakers.net, among others.
That is where they belong, not on a forum where by far the largest part only uses the various OS platforms and the technology behind it does not interest them at all.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • August 30, 2010 10:18
added
prices

I don't think Thea dares to touch a computer anymore ;-)

Anyway, if there are users who want to know more about the apple Imac and how you can use it effectively as a collector, you can always email me. It amazes me every day how well the Imac works.

Show original message
  • 45 messages
  • August 30, 2010 12:43
added

In any case, we agree on 1 thing ..

That's that Windows should be replaced with a different OS ASAP, whatever that may be;)

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • September 03, 2010 18:30
added
September 03, 2010 18:30

What Thea will not remember in any case is to present a problem to the forum where she has the naiveté to think that they will help her too!

Congratulations guys! Another illusion poorer.

Greetings,

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • September 03, 2010 19:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A serious answer? I'm not it but a computer that shuts down when you visit a website.

1. Something seriously wrong with the Windows configuration.
Solution:
- Do a system restore or backup (if you have one).
- Reinstall Windows
- Format hard drive and reinstall Windows (last resort, you lost everything. It already happened to me ...)
2. Look for viruses / rootkits / trojans

Show original message
  • 45 messages
  • September 03, 2010 21:22
added

@Malheur, maybe it is better to read all posts before responding, then you could see that we have asked a few questions to help Thea as well as possible.

However, we have not received a response to that yet.
The rest is just a bit nonsense, shouldn't it?

But maybe you can help her? : P

Show original message
14of 14