25of 42
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,404 messages
  • December 29, 2020 22:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I already feel sorry for the person who is allowed to transfer this . They have changed the item to the wrong category, so you now have to click extra to see where you can put the item.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2,418 messages
  • December 30, 2020 14:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It's a job and someone has to do it ...

It would have been better if the person who marked it as standing in the wrong section had indicated which section it should go to.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,313 messages
  • December 30, 2020 14:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It's a job and someone has to do it ....
It would have been better if the person who marked it as standing in the wrong section had indicated which section it should go to.

This is certainly not the way to enter a wrong heading. This causes unnecessary work for a limited number of people.

Please, just like with Doublures, only edit the title with:

Forwarder heading, move to xxxxxxxx (heading where it should go)

By also adjusting other fields / ranges, information is lost.

Show original message
  • 1,329 messages
  • December 30, 2020 18:40
prices
info pages
reviews
It's not up to me to set or change rules, but one of the administrators who recently dealt with duplication and wrong heading (hope I can say this @Ted) wrote in a topic from the Lastdodo cafe on 7/16 that you certainly should not change the title because that information will be lost and an administrator will have to look it up again in the history. The most difficult, it seems, were the ones with the titles ..._ wrong_section _.... (as there are hundreds). Since then, we have been searching in every possible way for different spellings of all kinds of errors, the most important thing is a uniform word to search or filter.
Show original message
  • 909 messages
  • December 30, 2020 20:57
added
prices
reviews

@Tammo @ user-1713548

I share user's view.

Don't touch the title.

Just put "Wrong rubric followed by reference to the correct rubric in an empty field. 0.00 information (data) will be lost. And easily and quickly traceable for the administrators.

And by extension you can extend this to all sections. Another question. of the entire LD catalog.

* One more question. If such an incorrectly placed item has already been put up for sale, does the item "move" to the correct section in the provider's shop?

Show original message
  • 933 messages
  • December 30, 2020 21:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I know this problem. Regularly occurs with postage stamps, that for example tax stamps do not belong there. In this case, the opposite is true: postcards do not belong to "other", but rather to stamps (postal stationery).

Only unfortunately it is so that administrators CANNOT change this. That is only reserved for super administrators, in my case Postmaster. Then a record is created in the correct section, the "wrong position" marked with DOUBLURE of xxxxxxx, an email is sent (not necessary, but more correct) to the super administrator. It will then merge the wrong LOWER number with the HIGHER, empty number. Cumbersome, but it works well and has already successfully cleaned up the stamp catalog.

No data will be lost, probably not even in the shop.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,313 messages
  • December 30, 2020 21:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Please, just like with Doublures, only edit the title with:
Forwarder heading, move to xxxxxxxx (heading where it should go)

Let me tighten it up a bit: "to adapt" should be replaced by "to complete".
S.v.p. definitely NO fill other fields with information that does not belong there. You only create more work with that when such an item is transferred. So just complete the title with Probe heading, move to xxxxxxxx

One more question. If such an incorrectly placed item has already been put up for sale, does it "move" the item to the correct section in the provider's shop?

The shops, collectors and wish lists come with the item.

Show original message
  • 1,329 messages
  • December 30, 2020 22:36
prices
info pages
reviews
I don't know about it, so I'm not going to discuss it further. In the relevant topic (Lastdodo Cafe / Doublures) it is just mentioned that you should not touch the title because otherwise your addition will have to be removed again by the administrator. When transferring, would it be possible not to transfer a field ?? So preferably an empty field ?? In practice, however, the Object field is also often used (you can easily filter by and an administrator is smart enough to see with the photo what it is and where it should go).
Show original message
  • 933 messages
  • December 30, 2020 22:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That is precisely why only SUPER managers can do such a combination (great responsibility). That is why they also have to remove extra additions to the title in advance. In addition, he can determine per field what is retained. In short, it remains a lot of work.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,313 messages
  • December 31, 2020 13:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

After consultation with the 2 people who take care of the most transfers by far, we will adjust the procedure for reporting the wrong section. When transferring a single item it is easy to do, but especially when transferring items in bulk, it is important that the content of the fields is tinkered with as little as possible.

Indicating an item that is in the wrong section should be done as follows:

Put in an empty field (suitable for this): Wrong heading, move to xxxxxxxx

You are explicitly asked to always indicate to which section it should be transferred, otherwise the people concerned will have to go through all 72 sections each time.

Show original message
  • 4,318 messages
  • December 31, 2020 14:47
added
prices
info pages

Can it also be “Wrongest column”?

;-P

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • December 31, 2020 15:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Can it also be “Wrongest column”?

Only if it is in a totally wrong section. (for example a bottle of wine with the cigar bands)

Changing or removing little to nothing is best. Also in case of duplications. This allows an administrator to keep all available information.

It often happens that an item with the mention 'wrong section' has already been entered in the correct section. By moving such an item you create a duplication. It is best to check this before labeling an item with 'wrong section'.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,313 messages
  • December 31, 2020 15:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Can it also be “Wrongest heading”?

Peter, thanks for the typo :-)

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 31, 2020 18:59
added
prices
reviews

@Tammo, what I notice is that the "Wrong Rubric" listed is not listed in the title but by Subject.

so Duplication does not apply, you do not need to change the title.

If I change an item in the list, like with a card game, then you just change Wrong Rubric to Playing Card, and then the item will be at Playing Card.

and I think this is possible with any item except for stamps, unless there are also mentioned in other stamps

Incidentally, Playing card is also mentioned twice, in other and again also in the other section as Card game

Maybe Playing Card should be changed to Playing Cards, that is more obvious compared to Card Game

Show original message
  • 1,329 messages
  • December 31, 2020 19:41
prices
info pages
reviews
@aartinge @Tammo Instructions I received for the "big chaste" 1. Jokers are under Other 2. A full card deck (possibly with box) is under Games 3. Separate playing cards are not included = invalid (otherwise you can Create 52 items) 4. We don't want combined playing cards (= item with 2 or more wild cards) = invalid (must be re-entered separately) I marked them all a few months ago, ready for an administrator. And just changing the Object is not enough because then it is still under Other, there are 72 sections (not only stamps).
Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 31, 2020 19:56
added
prices
reviews

I see jokers under Playing card, so some cards.

I moved 1 page complete sets of playing cards to Playing Card, not Games

I think games are games, and I think playing cards can go to Playing card.

I think that then only 1 Joker card should not go to playing card. otherwise you will get too many single cards

on the other hand, it can just be changed, as simple as anything

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 01, 2021 09:26
added
prices
reviews

Arco's instructions were otherwise very clear, why bother again?

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • January 01, 2021 12:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

on the other hand, it can just be changed, as simple as anything

If only it were that simple. After almost 10 years, do you still not understand how the catalog works?

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • January 01, 2021 20:57
added
prices
reviews

@Ted, I know exactly how the catalog works, but it's not surprising that some people can't find the forest among the trees.

As an example Placing playing cards in this catalog is quite a job.

If you go into the catalog in All Categories and you go to Games, you get general game names, and then to K, there it says Cards and Card game and Card games.

Cards contains 1 page of regular playing cards.

There are 3 pages in Card Game, half of which are regular playing cards.

in card games, it contains 1 item Vienna Melange ordinary playing cards.

And then to S, there are Playing Cards, there are 15 pages of regular playing cards .

And then back to All Categories and then to Other. on the left is under objects Playing card, containing 28 pages only cards with Jokers.

Then I click on more other objects, and then click on K and then to Card game, there are 3 items

and then to S, there you see Playing Card again with those 28 pages

and then to Playing cards, there are now 3 items.

In short Playing cards everywhere, how confusing can you make it. It seems to me that in Other no duplicate decks should have been placed that are already under Games.

look everything is already there, but that will result in many items being denominated WRONG SECTION, people cannot get out of this, because people do not read the condition, and do not want to search.

it should be clear. Playing cards are Playing cards. and that should not occur 5 times in a catalog

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • January 01, 2021 23:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@aartinge

There are many items wrong in Other and playing cards are just one example. The fact that the playing cards are not doing well in the Games section is well known and is on the list to be tackled, just like many other collecting areas. The problem remains the lack of enough administrators to handle everything quickly and adequately.

The playing cards in the Other section would be transferred anyway, whether they are listed as 'Playing card' or as 'Wrong section'. Only it would have been nicer if they had stayed under that last heading, because I select / search on that.

on the left is under objects Playing card, containing 28 pages only cards with Jokers

Jokers has been discussed enough. See this posting from post 10 on page 2

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • January 02, 2021 03:44
added
prices
reviews

@Ted. I'll put them back.

Show original message
  • 477 messages
  • January 02, 2021 18:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Put in an empty field (suitable for this): Wrong section, move to xxxxxxxx

With the album pictures I would like to see that text put in the field of the Album or series name if someone comes across something. (see item 4850919).

And then between () any title that is linked to it.

This seems best for this section to search for whoever is allowed to move it.

Complete series that are wrong I adjust that way instead of naming everything 1 by 1.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • January 02, 2021 18:46
added
prices
reviews

@ user-1713548,

Single playing cards are not included = invalid (otherwise you can make 52 items from each game)

Have a look at Other Items and then at Playing Cards.

28 pages with Jokers, however on pages 8 and 9 plenty of regular Football Bubble Gum cards from 2 to Ace, So regular cards, and surprisingly all checked by Arco, and all remained.

Show original message
  • 1,329 messages
  • January 02, 2021 19:47
prices
info pages
reviews
@aartinge Correcting duplicates and wrong heading is so labor-intensive and there are so many, that the administrators cannot follow this. I myself, and probably several administrators with me, are very pleased that you are also volunteering to clean up the catalog. As for the items you quote (and they aren't the only ones): This is a special 52-card deck with individual photos of soccer players. Either we turn a blind eye and football fans can check out these 52 cards, or we are unrelenting with the rules and these 52 items will be thrown away (sorry for the collectors). Moreover, you can see in the history (eg 6384775) that these are still not validated, so I do not understand why you say that Arco has approved this.
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • January 02, 2021 19:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

surprisingly all checked by Arco, and all stayed.

Very simple statement. As you must have seen, because you have looked at the history of these items, only the change of Arco is green. The name has been modified from the Object collection area. This is an admin change that automatically turns green. Has nothing to do with item approval.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 42