25of 157
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 10:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thanks to the group of users who participated in the test recently, we have just been able to put the new gallery pages live for the logged-in users. From next week this will be visible to all users.

The positive feedback on the new look of the section pages has strengthened us in shaping and developing the gallery pages in this way.

There are a few important changes:

1. The filter and selection fields, which were above the gallery, are now on the left.

2. You can now switch between the 3 images.

3. The check boxes in the pictures can be switched on and off. As soon as they are on, it will tell you what to do with the selection at the bottom of the screen. For example adding selected items to your collection in bulk.

Much has been tested, but there will undoubtedly still be mistakes / typos to light. Do not hesitate to report this in this topic.

Also take a look at the other language (EN / FR / DE) LastDodo versions to see if everything works well, because the testing has mainly been done in the Dutch version.
Also try out your mobile device. There are many types of these and we have therefore not been able to test them all.

But most of all, have fun with it!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 176 messages
  • December 03, 2020 12:25
added
prices
reviews

Where or how can I sort beer coasters on single or double sided?

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 03, 2020 13:20
added
prices
reviews

Beautifully done all, but completely unclear, because it is too big, you keep scrolling !!

Previously you could transfer the showcase photo gallery so that you saw +/- 100 stamps on 1 page, this in connection with the detection of duplicates, also useful if you have to search for a stamp of which the year is missing. is that function still there ??

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 14:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@aartinge

The photos are now more visible in this form.

I think there are still 10 rows with 4 images on 1 screen.

If you select a country on the left, the Year search field will also appear at the top of that column.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 14:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ cobaschouten-2011

The problem with missing checkboxes has been reported.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 03, 2020 14:39
added
prices
reviews

@ collector,

it must also be workable, and now it is not without the ability to see more stamps on 1 page.

Also you now get that people place every stamp they have on the item as soon as they come across the stamp, even though that stamp has a different watermark or different perforation. and despite the fact that this stamp with a different perforation or watermark may have been included in a different year. you must have an overview so that you can also see that a certain item in the catalog is listed 2 to 4 times separately with different properties. and that is not possible now.

Please really fix that function or it will be a mess.

Too many duplicates are already being mentioned, and more are being added. and it is now also not possible to mention those duplicates without an overview of more stamps

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 15:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@aartinge

Probably I don't understand you well, but in my words you mean:

With 100 images on 1 screen instead of 40 (as now) you get less chance of double entry.
But with 100 photos you don't have a good overview, do you?

Can you use the current selection options on the left do not result in a good selection?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 15:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ cobaschouten-2011 and also for the section Coins

The missing selection options are now visible on the left (first select a brand / country or similar).

Show original message
  • 701 messages
  • December 03, 2020 15:54
added
prices

I also think the images in the new gallery are way too big

I used the gallery for a good overview of several items at the same time.

That is now completely gone

This is not workable for me

Show original message
  • 701 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:00
added
prices

Previously I could see 20 items at once, now only 8

You could also select items by checking the box for adding bulk, how does that work now?

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:02
added
prices
reviews

@ collector,

Previously you had the option to go from photo gallery to display case. so from 40 to 100 items, that possibility is no longer there.

That 100 really has to come back, because then you can see if it contains duplicates or if it contains several identical items.

if you can only see 40 per page, then you can hardly see any duplication anymore, or you can more easily find a stamp that contains no information at all for the user such as year, after all, the series name is also useless search, so you have to search by image.

Searching by image with 40 items on a page is no work.

So there must be a possibility to have a larger overview.

the catalog must therefore also be workable, and not just look good to the face

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You could also select items by checking the box for adding bulk, how does that work now?

When you have the gallery on your screen, the button on the far right under the large gray bar is the toggle to unhide the checkboxes to enable checkmarks. At the bottom of the screen there is a bar in which you can indicate what you want to do with the selected items (Collection, Search list, Shop).

Show original message
  • 479 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ 015steef500

You can now add bulk via the box at the top right of the first photo row on the right.

The box looks like squares with check marks in them. If you click on it, the add option will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Show original message
  • 479 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

and I was just too late typing.

Show original message
  • 479 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A surprise this new layout, but fits perfectly into the new style.

Keep it up I would say, I am positive about this.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • December 03, 2020 16:56
December 03, 2020 16:56

Not very satisfied, actually

Filters on the left are much more cluttered, makes it really more difficult than it was.

Is the item already in your collection? That orange stripe was much more striking than that green circle now.

There is too much space between the 4 photos per line and the next line

Can the previous layout be made optional again please?

Show original message
  • 324 messages
  • December 03, 2020 17:05
added
prices
reviews

I am happy with it. As usual, it takes some searching because it is new, but I think it is well organized

Show original message
  • 4,038 messages
  • December 03, 2020 18:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There's a lot to it! Very nice. Of course, "every advantage has its disadvantage" (J. Cruyff). After 2 minutes of working with it, I can already make you happy with this writing (or bored, you choose).

Because I have not been working on LD that long, I did not know all the possibilities in the old screens. But in the new I very quickly found the option 'Option / Collectors'. In the old I had not (yet?) Found this. What an opportunity. Fantastic: your 'soul mates' neatly in order. The answer to the question 'Who also has a nice collection from my collection area?'. In other words: who can I contact for a specific question. Not everything has to come from the administrators, right?

The switch button 'Standard / All' (with and without a stamp filter) is what I was looking for and missed very hard. It couldn't be more perfect.

Showcase view with and without checkbox: well done.
And the button bar at the bottom (with display window with check box) for 'Put item (s) in:' with separate buttons 'Collection', 'Search list' (and 'Shop'): a light. A few times I did not know when adding bulk - in the old screen - that the choice was wrong (Search list instead of Collection). Has already cost me pennies on my purchases ... Now the chance of mistakes is almost impossible.

Of course, on the screen (what you see on the computer or tablet) you see fewer items at once. That is a drawback. However, I am convinced that a solution can be found for this. An idea could be, for example: switch button 'Large / Small'. Is everyone happy again? Great for everyday use, small for really looking for duplicates and / or variants. Then as many items as possible should be able to be displayed on the screen at once, without scrolling.

But overall, at first glance: all very clever.

Show original message
  • 4,038 messages
  • December 03, 2020 18:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Oh yes, just this one.

With the filters in the left side of the screen, for stamps at least, I would like to see 'Usage type' and 'Type' more at the top. Those are (at least for me) the most important. But I don't know to what extent this is possible ... screens are generally used globally in all catalogs. Not just in 'Stamps'.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,346 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

With the filters in the left side of the screen, for stamps at least, I would like to see 'Usage type' and 'Type' more at the top. Those are (at least for me) the most important. But I don't know to what extent this is possible ... screens are generally used globally in all catalogs. Not just in 'Stamps'

In the galleries, this can be adjusted somewhat per category. The problem is to get consensus about this from the users concerned. Where would you like to see those 2 fields? Keep in mind what the " average " Stamp collector uses the most.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:17
added
prices
reviews

The switch button 'Standard / All' (with and without stamp filter) is what I was looking for and missed very hard. It couldn't be more perfect.

It was there!

but the possibility to see more items per page really has to come back. You could sometimes see several years per country on 1 page, you will now not progress as a piece of 1 year. Just worthless to work.

Show original message
  • 4,038 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Only for myself can I of course specify the preferences ... To frame it: I collect all countries . Some give this kind of collector the title 'hamster' but that's a story in itself. I also collect some specific themes (WWF, International Year of the Child, UNO Flag Series). Everything means: Stamps, Maximum Cards, FDCs, First Day Sheets, First Day Cards, Occasional Issues, ...

I mostly use ' Usage Type ', ' Kind ' and ' Range '. Several times a day actually ... I am currently very busy getting my collection (and search list) on LD. A few more months of work, very intensive.

The other filters are useful, occasionally, but not used on a daily basis. They are extremely useful if you are really looking for a specific item.

If you are a motif collector ( theme collector ) then the Theme xxx filters are the right tools. But even then you may always first set the filters use type and type to what you are looking for: Stamp, FDC, maximum card, First day paper, ...
Those who enter the world of cardboard philately will almost exclusively use the filter 'Kind'.

As a seller , before you add something or place it in the Shop, the reflex is to first check if the item does not already exist. In those circumstances, I think year, use type and type are also the most appropriate filters for funneling.

Nevertheless, the switch button 'Standard / All' and the filter 'Year' are perfectly at the top. There can be no doubt about that :)

I would like to hear other points of view, perspectives or opinions.

Show original message
  • 247 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

As a test user I have been working in and with the new layout for some time. In the beginning I also had some of the comments that I read now, but in my opinion they are mainly due to the new. Once used, it is no longer noticeable, such as how you can see if an item is in your collection / shop. Just a matter of a few days to get used to.

Regarding the (lack of) overview because of the larger photos: I can partly follow Aartinge in that. In the past there were only 40 items on a page, now it is a bit more scrolling. I had initially reported this (to Arco ...). Perhaps it is an option - regardless of the layout itself - to make an option how many items you want to see on a page. You often have such an option in catalogs and on websites (show 10, 40 or 100 items on a page). Because what suits you best depends on your personal preference, the type of item you collect, the device you are looking at ...

Finally, I think that the new layout is better and clearer for new (er) users to discover the possibilities of LastDodo than the previous layout. Following discussions like the above, I - after 3 years on CW / LD - discovered new options in the old layout last week. They might have been there, but you just wouldn't find them if you didn't know they were there.

Show original message
  • 4,038 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@aartinge 03-12-2020 19:17:06

That's possible, I had asked that somewhere on the forum (how I could easily reset that filter) but had not received an answer. I didn't like it either. If you have been working on LD for years and you see everything growing little by little, then everything seems so obvious.

And I also hope that there will be an adjustment to the number of items that you can see on one screen. But it is not totally worthless, just a great hindrance (and a potential danger to the scroll muscles).

I wonder, if you open 2 explorers with LD, and distribute them nicely next to each other on your screen ... You will already see twice as many items. However, if you tick boxes in one window as well as in another ... and then add them in bulk ... would that work? :)

Show original message
  • 247 messages
  • December 03, 2020 19:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Raoul, regarding Stamps:

I mostly use ' Usage Type ', ' Kind ' and ' Range '. Several times a day actually ...

What you prefer to see at the top of the left column is still personal. In addition to year, most often use 'theme' as the first filter. So that which is now at the top. Usage type and type also seem more relevant (and used more often) than character theme and geographic theme.

A very smart site could make suggestions for the order itself based on what users select the most as a filter.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 157