3of 3
  • 2 messages
  • April 28, 2020 00:45
prices
April 28, 2020 00:45

My lots for the comics auction have now been rejected for the 4th time in a row. The first 2 rejections were still acceptable. The last 2 times I didn't understand and it depends on the arbitrariness of the auctioneers whether they approve the lot. 2 weeks ago I offered 2 uncolored Suske en Wiskes in the first edition. Ok they were not in top condition but still looked quite good with scrapes on the back but certainly still worth collecting. Reason for rejection: the auctioneer only wants very good copies. However, there is also a Suske en Wiske book at the current auction that has the predicate good. But if you look at the pictures, the book is quite scuffed with even cracks in it. Incomprehensible that such a rag is approved.

This week I offered Tintin in Switzerland in HC colored in an edition of 1000 and in new condition. The catalog states 300 Euro for a new copy. Book is from 1983 and is almost impossible to find. But the auctioneer decided otherwise: lot rejected. Reason: illegal Tintins will not be auctioned. A few years ago an illegal Tintin and the Shark Lake, special edition of 50 WEL was approved and sold for 320 Euro. I still have very valuable and special lots for sale, including original work by Henk Sprenger and Toonder. But the sense of putting this material up for auction is so robbed of me. Especially now that the commission for the seller has increased from 10 to 12 1/2%.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • April 28, 2020 01:13
added
prices
info pages

The sales commission has always been 12.5% (15.1% including VAT), as far as I know.

For the rest: there are other ways to sell your books than through the Catawiki auction.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,349 messages
  • April 28, 2020 05:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Yoto

For complaints / comments about the auctions, please contact Catawiki's customer service. You're here on the Collectors Forum and they can't do anything for you.

Show original message
3of 3
This topic is locked