3of 3
  • 2 messages
  • January 17, 2020 18:52
January 17, 2020 18:52

People, really, how very dubious that an extra guarantee is required for a bid of around 350, - And that at the very last minute, so you simply cannot bid.

What kind of absurd way of offering exclusion is this? And that at the very last minute so that you are simply excluded from bidding. Not only to the detriment of buyers, but also to the detriment of sellers and not fair to sellers, who are now not getting the price they could have gotten.

It is logical that only 1 bidder is active on the object.

Suddenly a credit card number has to be entered. People who do not want to buy a credit card are therefore obliged to buy one if they want to bid on Catawiki. The current object I would like to buy will pass me by anyway because I never use a credit card and Catawiki only announces the requirement when I wanted to bid.

Catawiki also knows that I have always paid everything immediately and that I am certainly not a defaulter.

Simply absurd. If you already need security deposits, this can also be done in another way. For slightly higher amounts, simply request payment in advance in the form of the maximum bid.

In any case, it's worthless as it is now. I cannot bid on an item I would like to buy.

Again: absurd and dubious!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • January 17, 2020 19:55
added
prices
reviews

We at the collectors platform are completely separate from the auctions.

Unfortunately, we cannot support / advise on changes to the auction rules.

I therefore close the topic here.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
3of 3
This topic is locked