Go to page
25of 32
  • 50 messages
  • November 16, 2014 14:21

I have always been raised with rules of propriety.

In the spirit of speaking with two words, have respect for another, etc.

But here I get the impression that some auctioneers crawled straight out of a hole.

Attention! I say some.

Just simply not responding to an email, for example.

Apparently they forget that they have work because there are people who offer their things.

If there are people / providers who have a question that it will be answered and then also in a clear way.

If they remain so rude, I am not surprised that more and more are running away .

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • November 16, 2014 14:33
added
prices

is not bothered by it, fortunately our strip judges are fine

and with really serious questions / difference of opinion I pick up the phone but not everyone has that luxury

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • November 16, 2014 14:48
November 16, 2014 14:48

TheRover
I have always been brought up with rules of decency.
In the spirit of speaking with two words, respect another, etc.
But here I get the impression that some auctioneers have crawled straight out of a hole.

The language in the above text is a contradiction, but please send me a pb with examples of the unclear answers from auctioneers. Then I will look at it.

Show original message
  • 119 messages
  • November 16, 2014 16:06
added
prices

How do I send you a pb with sample?

Show original message
  • 856 messages
  • November 16, 2014 16:07
added
prices
reviews

Click on Auctioneer and voila ...

Show original message
  • 119 messages
  • November 16, 2014 16:14
added
prices

yes then I will go to the contact page, but I have a question for Tammo

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • November 16, 2014 16:47
November 16, 2014 16:47

@Maggy
yes then i get to the contact page, but i have a question for Tammo

Send it to Auctioneer (monkey cake) catawiki.nl

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • November 20, 2014 01:15
added
prices

I have had a lot of contact with various auctioneers but have never been bothered by this.

Rather that they are very friendly, and they are almost always ready for you immediately.

mvg wesley

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • November 20, 2014 18:10
added
prices
November 20, 2014 18:10

I have also been in contact with several auctioneers, but one really takes the cake for me.

Terms such as "nag and complain e-mails" and all your sentences starting with IK are very off putting to me as a former DIY salesman.

addressing admonishingly and a woody way of writing are, in my opinion, not the way you deal with your "customers".

If I had treated my clients like this in the past, I wouldn't have kept the job for long.

also attracting rules and limits without prior warning is like a slap in the neck, as well as drafting plots that have been there for months.

I have already sold 161 lots via Catawiki, of which 980 euros went to Catawiki, that is part of the deal you made, it is not about that, I just want to be treated as such and not as if you can be happy that he (not CW) approves your lot.

In the beginning I had a lot of help from the then auction manager, but with the current one I made a unilateral agreement not to send any more nagging and/or complaining emails.

who has the same experience, is it just me, start doubting myself, you shouldn't say many.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • November 20, 2014 23:33
added
prices

It may depend on which auction it concerns. The Comic Auction was the first auction and the auctioneer was involved with Catawiki from the beginning if I am correct. I also gamble with the catalog and collector myself. This involvement radiates positively to the later hired comic auctioneers. Recently there was a problem with a shipment to France. By communicating well from Patrick to me and the buyer everything is resolved very well. Occasionally, a lot is drafted and the reason is clearly indicated. I can live with that.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • November 20, 2014 23:42
November 20, 2014 23:42
So far I have had nothing but positive experiences with Catawiki: the Asian auctioneer is extremely correct, polite and friendly and answers emails. Occasionally, a lot has become a concept, and I could agree with that. So maybe a matter of which auctioneer one is dealing with.
Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • November 21, 2014 10:19
added
prices
November 21, 2014 10:19

Of course I also have very positive experiences with other auctioneers.

I am not concerned with shaming a specific manager, but more with expressing my disappointment with this one person.

and to gauge whether more people have had a negative experience with an auction manager

Especially because I had positive experiences, this person comes across as a cold shower to you.

However, I am also happy with these two (so far?) positive reactions.

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • December 01, 2014 21:29
December 01, 2014 21:29

Have the same problem with currently the watch & clocks auctioneer.

The supply at this auction seems to be so enormous that the waiting times are 6 to 8 weeks or longer.

After e-mailing (2 weeks before responding) back and forth with the auctioneer who first promised to assess the lots in a certain period, but ultimately did not do so.

After which I in turn made my displeasure known to him, in the end I had to look at it and wished me good luck with my goods to be offered.

Very inappropriate and not the way an auctioneer should respond I can no longer offer my watches or clocks because the relationship has now been ruined and there are no other auctions on Catawiki where you can offer such.H

It doesn't matter if I have processed 220 lots worth € 15,000 from the beginning of this year to now, according to the auctioneer he does not need my lots, will the management of Catawiki think the same about this, I'm curious.

He also indicated that he works 16 hours for Catawiki indeed seems to me to be too little time to do this kind of work, on the other hand I am also busy on Sundays to create lots in addition to my 6 days a week and (12 hours a day) work in the business so you just have to do something for it I think, I have a very good relationship with the other auctioneers and it works perfectly by the way.

Now the auction is being split, but the damage has been done, so to speak, I have a bad aftertaste.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 02, 2014 13:57
added
prices
December 02, 2014 13:57

Again, I can sense an irritation from someone from the origin of the DE STORE service.

Some auctioneers, the good ones aside, have the idea that Catawiki is all about them, but Ctawiki comes first shortly afterwards. the customer then nothing for a long time and then the auctioneer.

Maybe they should change that name, the concept master evokes wrong associations again.

Description as auction assistant or auction supervisor covers the load better and also indicates a certain modesty.

In my opinion, refusing lots is not possible, even if you are large or small in offering and the valet master does not like you, he has his duty, and to refrain from making such statements.

There is also someone who is above the auctioneers who could appeal to you, good luck.

The relationship of me with the auctioneer of my target area is stable, I promised not to send any more e-mails, he sends them to me l with tips etc. that I then follow without comment and without contradiction, however debatable (sometimes).

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • December 02, 2014 15:55
December 02, 2014 15:55

Dear Classic20040

You indicate exactly how it should go.

I expected an email from the auctioneer such as: best seller at the moment it is very busy I expect to be able to review more lots soon as we have the watch & amp; clock auction.

I had to hear from curiosities auctioneer that the auction is being split.

And indicate in his message that he has given me an honest explanation, the only explanation he I was just about the workload and about what he had to do as, auctioneer ,.

Catawiki approached me a number of times last year to offer goods on Catawiki, now it seems you have to begging, slogging and taking care of your words etc to get your lots assessed sorry, I really do not fit for this is not in my nature.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 02, 2014 16:31
added
prices
December 02, 2014 16:31

Yes that is exactly how they should communicate, rejection is one thing, but offering alternatives (which are there !!) is normal, you keep the customer in.

really big parallels in attitude and behavior, the I is too high on the agenda.

sorry sir I'm very busy, you don't put that to the customer, but you go with it to your boss. ask for understanding and then repair things in the short term.

but I don't have to tell you anything, again we work or have worked according to the manual of a good retailer, everyone in the service sector should read that.

Too bad, I still have to write it, still looking for sponsors.

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • December 02, 2014 16:48
December 02, 2014 16:48

Indeed at the moment in these difficult times I am glad that I have always approached my customers decently and have provided a good service at all times in the 25 years that I have been working.

Because I pick Now the fruits of that show itself in doing slightly better than the competitor.

This auctioneer could not grant the phenomenon either, I gave him an example today, an offer of a lot of a few tens tomorrow I will award a lot of a few thousand to the same auction, I was then told that he did not appreciate my way of communicating.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • December 03, 2014 09:58
December 03, 2014 09:58

@sambou and classic20040

We are sorry to hear that communication with some auctioneers does not seem to be going well. It is of course our intention to speak to all suppliers and buyers professionally and in a timely manner. It is possible that due to a large supply there is a delay in the screening of the lots and that you have to wait a while for a response. We are currently working hard to fix this issue, please have patience for this. We are happy to take the suggestions put forward to improve our communication to heart. If you really get stuck somewhere, please contact us at info at catawiki.nl and our customer service will help you further.

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • December 03, 2014 11:25
December 03, 2014 11:25

Dear auctioneer

Thank you for your response.

I am just waiting for the watch auction even though I still have nice items in my stock cabinets for this one. auction, if you are told by an auctioneer that it is not dependent on the lots to be offered, please stop.

Maybe I told you too soon what I thought about it, but that does not alter the fact that an auctioneer should not manage like this, I told him that I would contact the account manager didn't do that much to him, should I do.

An email with a rapprochement which would sound positive, just keep offering you lots we are trying to solve it I did not hear from him.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 03, 2014 11:57
added
prices
December 03, 2014 11:57

sambou What I can advise you is not to let yourself be pushed away and surrender to emotions.

First look at the benefits Catawiki has for you and then count your blessings.

I also did and came to the conclusion that if there is no other way, then it should be this way.

You only have yourself when you withdraw, it is just the case nowadays that people seemingly wanting to behave like that.

Continue I would say, don't argue and swim on.

strength.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 04, 2014 17:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

if you are told by an auctioneer that they are not dependent on the lots to be offered keep it up

@ Sambou : Sorry, but luckily the auctioneer is really right here! If it were only your lots, then CataWiki has no basis to stand on and not enough income! The auctions belong to everyone and not 1 private person.

Because it is very busy, you just have to be patient. Due to the large supply, there is simply a whole list to be completed to review before the auction. The fact that you have been answered by an auctioneer is great service! But again the problem here lies with communication, because in this case there is 'noise', as it is called. The announcement is really not intended in a negative way, but simply an explanation of how things are going. Too bad that it is explained so negatively. I think Tammo also gives a great explanation.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • December 15, 2014 20:47
December 15, 2014 20:47

I too experience that lots are offered for a long time before being looked at, but I accept it because I believe it is very busy and I am therefore not the only one who brings in lots.

Sometimes the lots are put back to concept, but so far I have always received a neat explanation about this and even been able to talk about it, and although I did not always agree, I respect the opinion of the auctioneer or try to again later in the hope that another auctioneer will judge my lot and have a different opinion.

I do think it's a pity when a lot is on offer for a long time, then finally approved for the auction stock and then immediately put back on concept a few days later because they think they have too much stock, but when something like that happens I always think that I am not the only victim ;-)

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 16, 2014 10:47
added
prices
info pages
reviews

mctf,

You are only a victim if you have suffered financial, mental or physical damage at the hands of someone else, that does not seem to me to be the case (or you have to be rejected / waiting mentally going under)

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • December 16, 2014 11:26
December 16, 2014 11:26

I have removed my offered object. Had already offered something for 4 months. And was approved. But still nothing heard when it goes up for auction. Unfortunately. Please try another way.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • January 23, 2015 23:36
January 23, 2015 23:36

The auctioneer of the model train auction claims that the supply is so large that my lots remain in concept. Of the 125 lots in this auction, 75 are from the same provider. And if I can forecast the value of the lots, most of it will stay below e75, - Wonder what's going on here. Does this provider sometimes hold or reverse shares in Catawiki?!? Not surprising that there is no room for my lots. And if the auctioneer also starts offering lots as is happening at this auction, I will stop with Catawiki for a while. Could use my time better.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 32
This topic is locked