24of 24
  • 27 messages
  • September 03, 2014 14:00

Dear People,

I would like to share the following with you and would like to hear your opinion.

Through the auction I recently sold a framed photo to a Belgian highest bidder. This item will be neatly and securely packaged as always, with warning stickers on it (Fragile, Caution, Fragile) and have the package sent by registered and insured mail via PostNL. As soon as I send a package I set the status to "sent" and add the text below:

Dear XXXX,

First of all congratulations with your highest bid on this lot!

Today I offered the lot to PostNL from where it will be shipped registered.

Normally you will receive your item between 1-3 working days.

In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied about item / transport please contact me directly (xxxxxxxxx @ chello.nl ) so that I can see how we can can solve it.

I would very much appreciate it if you would like to provide positive feedback via Catawiki after the transaction has ended.

Thanks in advance for the effort, and have fun winning item!

With kind regards,

Now if I get a notification from Catawiki today "Receive Feedback" I open the relevant page and what outline my surprise, I have a Negative rating in combination with the text "The glass in the frame of the certificate signed by Borg and Vilas was broken. Can this be replaced. Mvg "

Apart from the fact that I find that very annoying for this customer, he has not bothered to contact me so that I could have sent him a new list with glass plate immediately, but will go first judge me negatively and then ask if I can solve it .... I have indicated to this man that I will immediately send him a new list and have requested him to change the feedback. he still judges negatively, but what he does now is put the cart before the horse. However, the customer in question does not want to go anywhere and I now look nice with what I think is unjustified negative assessment. How do you see that and what is there an opportunity to get rid of this negative review?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • September 03, 2014 14:09
added
prices
reviews

Before negative feedback can be given, the relevant seller must first be contacted and they must have had a reasonable opportunity to correct or correct an error if necessary.

If you want to give negative feedback, you must tick that you have been in contact with the seller. It contains the following text:

Have you contacted the seller about this purchase and given them a reasonable time to resolve it? Then tick the checkbox on the left. If not, please contact the seller first.

So if there has been no contact, negative feedback will be given incorrectly. Please try to buy out with this buyer first and ask him to adjust the feedback.

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • September 03, 2014 14:27

Rene, thank you for your quick response.

I asked him to correct the feedback and made it very clear that I would like to resolve the issue by sending this customer a brand new list. This customer does not intend to do that, he responds as follows;

Best,

I replied to your "Demande de feedback" email stating the problem I was experiencing.

The name of this Email is precisely about obtaining feedback information about the order, shipment, etc.

So the problem is not with me, the Catawiki customer.

Best regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regardless of whether he's going to change it or not, I'll send him a new list anyway. I don't want anything or anyone to blame me afterwards and I just want to do my business properly.

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • September 03, 2014 16:42

E.e.a. has since been resolved. Buyer has changed feedback and I have sent a new listing. It's just a shame that a forum notification was needed for this, but hey ...

Show original message
  • 1,527 messages
  • September 04, 2014 00:18
added
prices
info pages

knows from several sellers that they received negative feedback from a buyer (always the same) because they and I did not deliver the item.

The buyer did not mention that he had not paid because the purchase was already canceled in the meantime !!!

Catawiki has adjusted the feedback, without the forum.

Watchunlimited, before you start a forum here, best first a message to the auctioneer.

PS

Can the program not be adjusted, that in case of cancellation no feedback can be given ???

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 01, 2014 11:53
added
prices
December 01, 2014 11:53

This seems like a very good thing what Lordemie proposes!

No possibility of feedback if a purchase is canceled. Why people are allowed to give feedback is completely unclear to me ..

I recently had a case where the buyer - for the first time in my catawiki history - made an offer that was much lower than the entered price. In the end I agreed.

It turned out to be a well-known buyer. One that is poorly known. Nevertheless, the strips were sent, which were all in good condition.

After delivery, sir wanted to see some money back as there was 1 strip that would be bad (I know this is not the case). I wanted to have bad false feedback and already saw that mood coming given all the data feedback from that gentleman .. I have refunded an amount.

and indeed, good feedback again. You could say bought. or extorted?

In my opinion, such buyers should be banned from Catawiki. Most of them are serious collectors who have a lot of fun in the hobby and the mutual exchange of books, comics etc.

But some spoil everything ... First make a lower offer, then postpone the payment for weeks and then demand money back due to so-called quality problem ..

Bert

Show original message
  • 1,527 messages
  • December 01, 2014 16:55
added
prices
info pages

Some sellers suggested a while back to keep a list of the "bad" buyers outside of Catawiki. That list would not be made public and only a few would oversee that list. But sellers could inquire whether or not a buyer is on the "black" list.

However, haven't heard about the proposal in recent months

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 01, 2014 17:06
added
prices
December 01, 2014 17:06

Hello,

although an understandable proposition, I think it belongs at Catawiki itself.

I can agree more with a construction where someone is watched as his feedback list is full of negative comments.

For example, with 10 negative comments, Catawiki could see if it is a kosher person at all ..

In my case with that buyer it is obvious that it is at least an extremely critical person and quickly throws its strong negative feedback against it, and demands a money back on a regular basis.

I also do not know what is fair, as a buyer you should also just give negative feedback Finally, it can also be very justified.

But also very unjustified, and grading should be disabled for a transaction that did not go through or a canceled order. In my opinion, that is an error in the system.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • December 01, 2014 19:06
December 01, 2014 19:06

@ Bertmussel: in this way (don't keep your back straight) and buy positive feedback you do support the "trend" you experience.

I do see and understand the dilemma, but at the end of the day what is the value of a negative feedback that you know is unjustified and to which you can respond yourself. (Although the first few negatives (about 10 since 1999 out of a total of more than 6000 feedback options on E***) also left me very upset. my collection.

Blacklists, etc. will ultimately not help in my opinion. No feedback option or removal in the event of a cancellation seems only logical to me and a good tip to Catawiki.

mvg Autominologist

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 01, 2014 19:14
added
prices
December 01, 2014 19:14

Dear autominologist,

of course you are right. But I'm just a simple hobby seller of mostly duplicate copies and on a few dozen reviews that is percentage more important than your mentioned 6000..

and keep your back straight.. I do that with the really important things in life. At least no one who knows me has ever accused me of not keeping my back straight. You are the first...

thanks for your help with that proposal to remove that freedback option from canceled orders..

Hopefully someone from Catawiki will read along...

Show original message
  • 35 messages
  • December 01, 2014 20:17
added
prices

I regularly buy something on the internet at Catawiki

But when I see that I see that artwork is sent in a double-folded box or in a garbage bag, I wonder what kind of dealer you are.

Maybe introduce naming and shaming for buyers and sellers?

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • December 01, 2014 20:28
added
prices
December 01, 2014 20:28

That seems pretty crazy when someone puts artwork in a folded box .. or a garbage bag ... tssk ... strange. I wouldn't give up either. Did you experience that yourself?

naming and shaming is already here in the form of the reviews. Is it that you also want to name and shame the buyers? So also the buyers can judge. That seems to me to be the Ebay system and it is actually good. It's a tip!

But the point of discussion is now more the ability to assess canceled orders ..

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • December 01, 2014 20:35
December 01, 2014 20:35

Ebay has long since moved away from mutual feedback. Sellers are assessed, buyers are not (anymore) much to the frustration of many sellers.

autominologist

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • December 02, 2014 09:20
added
prices
reviews

you can still give feedback to buyers but no longer red only green but green with the text after trader (price postage etc) has taken weeks for payment to arrive etc you can,

and if as a seller you see this text you put the buyer on your block list it takes a bit of searching but it does exist

Sales since ricardo came on the market (later Eba & lt;) now owns a protected account there now is regularly and if there are buyers who provide feedback that is clearly incorrect or if they often give negative out of ignorance / revenge, it will be removed.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 750 messages
  • December 02, 2014 12:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think that as a seller you should also have the right to refuse some buyers, so block them (which is also possible with ebay)

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 02, 2014 13:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I even noticed that I am blocked with a seller on eba when I have never bought anything there. I still wonder why.

Show original message
  • 750 messages
  • December 02, 2014 17:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Maybe you can ask him.

I have had some negative experiences, e.g. I once sent a parcel to a customer in Italy, but he says the parcel did not arrive while I registered it. and the mail said that the package had been delivered.

So I lost my product and because it was paid via PayPal, I lost the money again and to be on the safe side I then blocked this customer.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • December 03, 2014 20:51
December 03, 2014 20:51

@baronselderie: blocked as a buyer on ebay!?

new account & amp; go!

doesn't work.

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • December 03, 2014 21:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It depends. They can also suspend your new account via your IP number. And then give you a total ip ban.

Can also be broken down by the way;)

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • December 04, 2014 05:52
December 04, 2014 05:52

@Fazerco: Agree, especially with your last line!

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • December 04, 2014 07:18
added
prices
reviews

new account & amp; go!

yes, but only under a different name and aderes (you will receive a letter with a code when registering again) and if they find out, they will be barred for life!

I've never heard from about 80 buyers on my block list again.

By the way, I'm talking about eBay. (D) with (NL) I do nothing.

moreover my account is screened every month

Jedes Mal, wenn wir Schritte zum Schutz Ihrer Servicestatus-Einstufung ergreifen, senden wir Ihnen eine E-Mail mit einer Übersicht über die im jeweils vorangegangenen Monat eingeleiteten Schutzmaßnahmen. Diese Schutzmaßnahmen Spiegeln sich auch in der oben angezeigten Transaktionsmängelquote wider

Show original message
  • 750 messages
  • December 04, 2014 10:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

When I click administrators of the books I see that there are also auctioneers, are they also administrators?

Show original message
  • 750 messages
  • December 04, 2014 10:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Also with the comics

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 04, 2014 10:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Some no more. I am doing a cleanup action. For some it is exactly the opposite. They were administrators and are now also auctioneers. Being a manager is a hobby, an auctioneer is a job.

Show original message
24of 24