2of 2
  • 1 message
  • July 25, 2014 23:14
prices
reviews
July 25, 2014 23:14

In the short time that I have been active as a manager on Catawiki, I have noticed that for many people it is more important to add a lot of objects than to ensure that the information is correct and the photos are of good quality. The visual material in particular often leaves much to be desired. For example, I regularly see (very) blurry photos, photos from manufacturers (whether or not with the copyright still on it - it is and remains a copyright infringement), very small photos, photos of incomplete objects (not such a disaster, but the author often assumes that this is how it should be), under- or poorly exposed photos,...

The use of good (own) photos is an absolute necessity for a catalog of collectibles and you really don't need an expensive camera to take quality photos. Even an average mobile phone provides sufficient quality.

Tip: you can easily avoid blurred or underexposed photos by shooting in daylight, preferably not in direct sunlight. That way you keep the shutter speed short, the object is exposed more evenly and colors are displayed more realistically.

Finally: don't forget to also photograph the back (and possibly the packaging) of an object.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,755 messages
  • July 25, 2014 23:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Items with from the just-picked and \ or be-logo-images should also be rejected immediately and without mercy.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
2of 2