7of 7
  • 88 messages
  • July 15, 2014 16:08
added
prices

To what extent do the changes for webshops apply to catwiki?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • July 15, 2014 20:01
July 15, 2014 20:01

Good of you to say it.

For Catawiki itself (as a BV) it is not a problem - they are a platform and only provide the service to bring buyers together.

As a seller, you must inquire about, for example, who bears the return shipment in case of cancellation. And the exception about internet auctions is gone, so you can just cancel your auction purchases within 14 days.

It must be a purchase between a company and a private individual.

So I think we can expect to see 'American-style' disclaimers with the corporate sellers soon :)

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • July 15, 2014 20:23
added
prices
reviews

And the exception about internet auctions is gone

I don't think it is mentioned or intended.

This is legally quite different ...

Show original message
  • 88 messages
  • July 15, 2014 20:27
added
prices

would be nice if we delve into it with the help of catwiki.

This is also a nice rule, 1 year reflection period ....

The supplier is obliged to explicitly report the 14-day cooling-off period to the buyer. If the supplier forgets this, the cooling-off period automatically becomes one year.

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • July 15, 2014 20:33
July 15, 2014 20:33

In my opinion it does not apply to public auctions where you can also be physically present (and therefore also could have seen what it was / inspected yourself).

I think Catawiki is an internet auction, see eg also https://webwinkelrecht.nl/algemeen/nieuwe-consumentenwetgeving-2014-wat-betreken-dat-voor-webwinkels-deel-2/

You cannot be physically present. Anyway, nice food for lawyers.

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • July 15, 2014 20:36
July 15, 2014 20:36

Catawiki has no interest in emphasizing this extra, they are not a party, only the platform.

For example, I have not seen Marktplaats or Ebay NL provide any extra information. The German Ebay often contains disclaimers in which it is explicitly stated that the seller is private and this law does not apply.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • July 16, 2014 11:04
added
prices
reviews

Hinweis zum Privatverkauf:
Die angebotene Ware graftspricht der o. g. Description. Um Missverständnisse auszuschließen können während der Auktion gerne Fragen zum angebotenen Article put down . The act of privatverkauf sich um einen, wird no Gartantie nach neuem EU law übernommen. The Bieter ererklärt sich damit einverstanden und acknowledges dies mit seinem Gebot an! Privatverkauf: Es zijn keine Umtausch-, Gewährleistungs- oder Rücknahmeforderungen seitens des Käufers an den Verkäufer akzeptiert. With Abgabe des Gebotes erklärt sich der Käufer mit diesen Vorgaben einverstanden. Es wird darauf hingewiesen, dass der Käufer den erzielten Endpreis sowie die angegebene Versandpauschale akzeptiert. Zahlbar innerhalb von 7 Tagen. Nachverhandlungen sind ausgeschlossen.

Show original message
7of 7