10of 10
  • 134 messages
  • June 30, 2014 14:00
added
prices

A while ago I already started a topic about the sale of illegal items in the auctions (http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/33-nieuws/topics/15795-verkoop-illegale-uitgaven), but I don't see much get well soon. In the current computer auction there are iPhone covers:

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/561867-iphone-cover-sonic

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/561863-iphone-cover-zelda

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/561853-iphone-cover-super-mario

These are not worthy auction items, these are things you would expect on a market stall, probably produced illegally (i.e. without permission or license from Nintendo), and can be found on all sorts of websites for already expensive 15 or 20 Euros (so far below 75 Euros). Euro which I believe is used as a guideline for auction items anyway).

In general, the computer auction is filled with inferior material compared to other auctions (in this auction: average Nintendo DS games such as Nintendogs? Wii Fit game?; in previous auctions often simply unsold items), but that is no reason to fill the auction with such (most likely) counterfeits as here, but to have fewer items or fewer auctions.

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/computerveiling/verkopen states: "Do you have retro or vintage computer games, consoles and computers with a minimum value of €75?" be euros." Perhaps it is time for this basic rule to be applied a little more consistently, because three-quarters of the products offered do not fit this description at all, even for the most optimistic.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • July 03, 2014 21:25
added
prices

And as was to be expected: two of the three have been sold for 1 euro, and the third has not even had an offer. I'm not an expert on computer games, but this was perfectly predictable, and makes the auction a laughing stock (not to mention the highly dubious nature of these items, which I believe to be illegal counterfeits).

Catawiki is fairly strict on people who enter items or post things on the forum, but maybe they could also be a bit stricter about what they offer themselves (the auction is curated by Catawiki, you choose what is or is not offered in it).

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • July 04, 2014 14:10
added
prices

Ah, I notice that my posts are having an effect here. Now these Iphone covers have already become the showpiece of the auction! After not raising 1 Euro each last week, they are now sold per 2 and per 3, which will triple the proceeds to a mighty 3 Euro!

http: //veiling.catawiki. be / lots / 587879-2x-iphone-cover-zelda

Total farce. Total mockery of the Catawiki auctions and its own rules. Why is this allowed and promoted?

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • July 04, 2014 15:30
added
prices
reviews

boy, you are bitter, say the weather is nice, have a drink on a terrace

or: mach es wie die Sonne Uhr zähl die heitere Stunden nur !!

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • July 04, 2014 16:03
July 04, 2014 16:03

@Tacozip
Now these Iphone covers have already become the showpiece of the auction!

Indeed, they are not the most evocative lots in the auction, so we have moved them.

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • July 04, 2014 17:32
added
prices

boy you are bitter say the weather is nice go have a drink on a terrace

or: mach es wie die Sonne Uhr zähl die heitere Stunden nur !!

Thank you for your constructive contribution. So you think it's OK for quasi-worthless, most likely illegal items to fill the auctions? Do you deal with the catalog that you manage for a while, or do you strictly apply the rules? Perhaps it is better to remove the typos from the titles of your own entries (title of item 4533521 ? Item 4021103 ? Item 4020119 ? Or Item 4421383 ? Dalmatiner is German, not Dutch) instead of hitting someone who raises a specific problem here.

Indeed, these are not the most imaginative lots in the auction. , so we've moved them.

Thanks, that's a start. Any idea why such items are allowed in the auction?

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,406 messages
  • July 04, 2014 18:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Tacozip,

The offer won't be good enough, it's that simple. I'm pretty much into it, and most of it just isn't worth being sold solo. To get 75 € for a game, they would have to do at least 5-10 games in 1 package.

Which games can you sell solo, RPGs (Role playing games) that usually do a little better but 75 €, that depends on the game.

But is the offer there? They probably just want to keep the auction going.

And those covers, well, you say yourself that you don't know if they are legal or illegal, so neither do I. not worth posting. But I can tell you that illegal games are being sold.

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • July 04, 2014 18:35
added
prices

@fazerco, I totally agree. I just don't understand why they insist on having an auction every week, then skip the summer if it comes up to that. It also seems correct to me that the games will also be illegal, but that is more difficult to estimate as a remote auctioneer. But these iphone covers ... Even if they are legal, they are not worth putting up for auction, and the odds are ridiculous that they are illegal.

This seems like a pure lose-lose situation to Catawiki, and I don't understand why they keep doing this.

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • July 04, 2014 20:51
added
prices

Entering things with the wrong title makes it much more difficult to find them, and significantly increases the chance of duplication. And of course there is a small difference between a dictation and simply overwriting a title ...

Show original message
10of 10