2of 2
  • 429 messages
  • March 16, 2014 11:11
added
prices

It's mouth watering again for lovers of art, antiques & design. Why do I never find these kinds of art objects at the thrift store? I would be satisfied with one similar find ;-)

TEFAF Catalog 2014

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • March 16, 2014 16:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

To trade with it it is wonderful to find something like this for next to nothing, but to own it yourself you really have to have that taste.

Much of what it says is old Art or (in my opinion) opinion) really Kitsch if you look at all those old interior designers that are there on some stands. All those gilded or gold items, you gotta love them! And actually also have a large house to display it in. This is especially true for weapons and ancient ceramics from Asia, for example. Fortunately, tastes differ and there is something for everyone.

For those interested in the slightly more contemporary Art (from the early 20th century), there is usually also a separate pavilion. There you can get a good idea of the development of applied art in the 20th century.

But as mentioned, browse the TEFAF Catalog and be amazed at what has been made in the past centuries. I don't think prices are listed, because they are usually not listed with the objects on the TEFAF.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
2of 2