19of 19
  • 60 messages
  • March 04, 2014 18:20
March 04, 2014 18:20

Today an already approved lot 4 weeks ago was reset to "offered". Last month the auctioneer explained to me that after approval it takes a maximum of 4 weeks before an item is included in the auction. I had hoped that my lot would be included in the special Tintin auction in March, but no, the item will be put back on offer. I am back to square one and all very frustrating! Are more people affected by this?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 04, 2014 20:28
March 04, 2014 20:28

Receive a message from the auctioneer by e-mail: approval of the lot "was a mistake". Apologies aren't even being offered yet. Arrogance at its best. Veling masters are lord and master here. Moreover, they are immediately told that my other lots are also not satisfactory. These 13 lots have been waiting for weeks for approval and have not been rejected either, but after my report today, they suddenly appear not to comply. Get the feeling, when you complain about something here on the forum, you are being rigorously charged for this. Catawiki advertises that the auctions must be accessible to everyone, in order to allow almost only professional providers. Last Tuesday's comic auction, with a total of 200 lots, featured no fewer than 14 lots from one and the same supplier. Too bad .... this has nothing to do anymore with fair and healthy business.

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 04, 2014 20:35
March 04, 2014 20:35

Receive a message from the auctioneer by e-mail: approval of the lot "was a mistake". Apologies aren't even being offered yet. Arrogance at its best. Veling masters are lord and master here. Moreover, they are immediately told that my other lots are also not satisfactory. These 13 lots have been waiting for weeks for approval and have not been rejected either, but after my report today, they suddenly appear not to comply. Get the feeling, when you complain about something here on the forum, you are being rigorously charged for this. Catawiki advertises that the auctions must be accessible to everyone, in order to allow almost only professional providers. Last Tuesday's comic auction, with a total of 200 lots, featured no fewer than 14 lots from one and the same supplier. Too bad .... this has nothing to do anymore with fair and healthy business.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • March 04, 2014 23:19
March 04, 2014 23:19

@Keisinho

A bit strange that you ask a question by e-mail, then post the same type of message on the forum within 5 minutes and again respond publicly about a personal matter. It is not my style, so I will not comment on your lots.

It is also a pity that you claim that almost all comic lots are from professional providers. Of the strip lots auctioned last Monday, 25% was offered by professional providers.

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 05, 2014 02:20
March 05, 2014 02:20

@Tammo

The fact that I also respond publicly has to do with frustration: In one way or another, you are not used to answering questions quickly and clearly. that if a mistake is made, an apology will be offered to the person (s) involved.

Again the situation in a nutshell: I place a lot - you approve this lot. I ask you nicely by e-mail how long it takes after approval, before a lot is placed - Your answer: normally max. 4 weeks - then the approval will be withdrawn after 4 weeks, 2 days before the start of the Herge / Tintin auction, with the response: "lot should not have been approved - 2nd edition is not suitable for the French auction". How sour? because I was really under the impression that my lot would be placed tomorrow.

6 weeks ago I started very enthusiastically with adding my collection to Catawiki. Added new items to the catalog or supplemented existing items with missing information. I also created a shop, in which I add my collection step by step. And ... indeed, several lots are also offered for the auction.

Tammo, in your above statement: "It is not my style, so I will not comment further on your lots", there is a clearly negative undertone. I understand that you are not charmed by the quality and content of my lots.

I did not mean to get personal towards you. If you have experienced this, I sincerely apologize for this. I only wanted to make a "statement" with my story and hopefully something will be done with this in the future and my fellow collectors will benefit from this ....

For me it will now be ready on Catawiki to be. Probably my tirade will not be received with gratitude and approving lots will now be completely out of the question. In addition, the hobby of collecting must remain fun. Right now, it is frankly an accumulation of disappointment and irritation.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • March 05, 2014 08:56
March 05, 2014 08:56

@Keisinho
For me it will now be ready on Catawiki. Probably my tirade will not be received with gratitude and approving lots will now be completely out of the question. In addition, the hobby of collecting must remain fun. Right now, it is frankly an accumulation of disappointment and irritation.

That someone is angry and frustrated, so be it. But don't doubt the integrity of auctioneers. When screening a lot, only the content of the relevant lot is looked at

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • March 05, 2014 09:36
added
prices
reviews

If a 2nd edition is not suitable, then this should have been reported in advance at the collection for the auction ... then everyone knows where he / she stands.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • March 05, 2014 09:44
added
prices
reviews

@Tammo,

Indeed, in everyone's personal opinion there can be quite a lot wrong with Catawikki and you can also respond with your grievances in the Forum or by Mail (as long as it remains decent and not personal ) I also have a sharp tongue from time to time, but never noticed that Auction lots were rejected as a result.

Mvrg Baron.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 05, 2014 11:39
added
prices

Quote @ keisinho from email or not being able to wait for a while

answer via email, you do not score any points that are beyond the fact that you are correct

in terms of content

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 05, 2014 12:24
added
prices

Some inconsistency is sometimes the case. I had this lot in near mint condition and was rightly returned to concept because the 75 would not be feasible and new condition for less than the amount offered in the shops. I have enriched the lot with extra albums. I'm surprised that the same albums in good condition are now up for auction.

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/343749-de-kinderen-van-de-wind-1-tm-5-complete-oberon-serie-5x-hc -1st edition-1981-1987

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 05, 2014 12:33
added
prices

This is typically a lot that sometimes reaches 75 and sometimes not

with or without the sc included

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 05, 2014 12:44
added
prices

That's not the point. Sometimes it is not accepted and a month later it is, while the condition is worse. Logic is missing.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 05, 2014 12:47
added
prices

understood your point paul ..

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 05, 2014 12:52
added
prices

Ok. I understand that everything cannot be 100%, with so much on offer. There will always be differences, partly because several employees inspect the lots.

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 07, 2014 11:37
March 07, 2014 11:37

After all the emotions, just the following message (for anyone who wants to read it):

Dear Tammo,

Thank you for adding this lot to next week's auction.

I would like to apologize to you for my reactions over the past few days.

Sometimes emotion and frustration take the upper hand .... Again sorry for this.

I have no doubts about your integrity and expertise. I hope that together we will have a lot of fun with Catawiki in general.

Maybe I will see you on Sunday at the comic days in Gorinchem. When I see you, I will come and introduce myself personally.

A face behind messages and e-mails is of course always nice.

With kind regards,

Kees Gerritsen (Keisinho)

ps. If you appreciate it, I would also like to post this email on the forum.

Hi Kees,

Thank you for your kind reaction. There is (fortunately) always a lot of emotion among collectors, we try to deal with that as well as possible.

Whether you want to put this reaction on the forum, I leave it entirely up to you.

I hope to shake your hand on Saturday.

Mvg,

Tammo

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 07, 2014 11:48
added
prices

Good to read, great! Totally agree with the face behind the emails.

Too bad I can't be in Gorinchem, sucks.

Have fun!

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 07, 2014 13:22
March 07, 2014 13:22

@Paul

Thank you for your comment! Too bad you can't come to Gorinchem this weekend. Maybe until another fair.

Mmm, so maybe add a photo to my profile ... But according to my wife this is not really necessary; according to her, I look a lot like my caricature ....;)

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • March 07, 2014 14:03
added
prices

@ Keisinho

Very strong of you for apologizing.

A fine example of communication. We can all learn something from that here at Catawiki. ;-)

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • March 07, 2014 14:03
added
prices

delete

Show original message
19of 19