Go to page
25of 30
  • 1 message
  • February 21, 2014 16:17
February 21, 2014 16:17

Hello everyone,

I have been watching Catawiki for 6 weeks now, and I have also bought for 1000 euros from div. providers via the auctions, with unfortunately varying success in terms of satisfaction and correctness with the quality / condition / and price.

I read a comment from someone else that this person thought a lot was also on the auction a few weeks before and wondered at Catawiki if this was possible:

The answer from Catawiki quite surprised me that was: That is not allowed, so that is not possible.

Well I have have already seen several lots again in the last 6 weeks, so that is not possible, so is not allowed,. . . is a bit weird.

I will (for a moment) quit Catawiki and have the idea that it is not entirely "clean" cake.

Greetings Mireille

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • February 21, 2014 16:41
added
prices
reviews

Dear Mireille,

I don't know exactly in what context that was said, but we auction rare objects that you rarely encounter, as well as more common objects. These are not unique pieces, so you can, in principle, come across them more often at our auctions. Especially now that more and more is being auctioned. It can also occasionally happen that a purchase is ultimately canceled. Then the provider can offer it again.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • February 21, 2014 17:12
added
prices

small addition to Rene

Catawiki has a contract with a collection agency

and is therefore serious about it

is now sitting on about 400 auctioned lots

the score to date 1 nbb er

and regarding quality assume you mean condition of the items

Check the seller's feedback carefully in advance

and also the pictures

not satisfied resolve it with the seller

Finally, you also have feedback to hand

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 17:57
added
prices

@Huisker

dear Mireille

As a regular auction visitor (Catawiki, sotheby's, Christie's, Botterweg) and appraiser, I fully endorse the clear explanation of @rene

You can have confidence in the auctions. The knowledgeable and (increasingly) experienced auctioneers ensure that things run smoothly and correctly.

On the other hand, I understand your feelings. I also noticed the shortly recurring lots. Perhaps your comment on recurring lots very useful feedback for a number of auctioneers and you hit the nail on the head:

If an auctioneer sees that the same type or item is being offered within a few weeks, it is more sensible as an auctioneer to plan this item further in the year (a few months later) and choose another lot from the waiting list.

That also makes the auctions a lot more surprising and less predictable. In addition, this will also be beneficial in terms of yield for the second time this item is auctioned.

From experience I can say that the same types of items that are auctioned close together usually generate a lower amount.

Moreover, the auctioneer's method of working prevents reactions like yours ....

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,915 messages
  • February 21, 2014 18:48
added
prices
reviews

@Huisker

dear Mireille

In addition, this will also be beneficial in terms of yield for the second time this item is auctioned.

From experience I can say that the same items that are auctioned close together usually generate a lower amount.

These are really just plain salesman talks.

Me as a buyer! (if I were) I only benefit from the lowest possible price, that's what we buyers go for!

As a collector you are on the second place in Catawiki, that feeling keeps coming over me,

And that is a shame after a lot of time, enthusiasm and input has been put into the site.

In addition to the fact that the auctioneer also points out various points for improvement of lots to give! and whether something has been done with it? link to the catalog zero point zero

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 18:59
added
prices

@dick52

I look a bit wider Dick.

I look from the point of view of the buyer, seller and from the interest of Catawiki.

The big picture

Show original message
  • 2,915 messages
  • February 21, 2014 19:16
added
prices
reviews

The fact that Catawiki has an interest in good sales prices benefits us all, but I look as a collector and enthusiast of Catawiki.

And sellers have only one thing in mind. $$$ is their right by the way.

But apart from the € not much added value for catalog exceptions, fortunately there are.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 19:27
added
prices

@ Dick52

Thanks for your response Dick, but you're going a bit off topic

This initial post from @Mireille is about the recurring same lots within auctions.

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • February 21, 2014 19:37
added
prices
info pages

I don't know what discussion Mireille is referring to (I can't remember such an answer from Catawiki), but apparently lots can also be repeated if they didn't reach their reserve price the day before yesterday .

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • February 21, 2014 19:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

63. Cast iron money box 'Dinah' - 20th century

Beautifully colored reproduction

Mark this lot as a favorite

Cast iron money box of dark lady, 'Dinah'. Reproduction .
Colors are still intact.

------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

These piggy banks are standing in it every week. Another fresh shipment from China. But they do change every other week. Apparently they are going well anyway.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • February 21, 2014 20:03
added
prices

This is not a conspicuous matter with comics. Albums are simply released in larger numbers. Last autumn, for example, a lot of blue circle blake and mortimer large format were auctioned. A lot of supply keeps the price down so I was able to buy well.

Artdecorations, I am curious how items are collected at the art auction. Is this physically done by an appraiser such as with the auction houses you mention? Even there, many fakes are popping up. At Catawiki art is input physically assessed or only from a photo?

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 20:18
added
prices

@paulcoret

Artdecorations, I am curious how items are collected at the art auction. Is this physically done by an appraiser such as with the auction houses you mention? Even there, many fakes are popping up. With Catawiki art is input physically assessed or only from a photo?

Dear Paul,

I am not the right person to answer that question. Catawiki can best answer this itself. I don't like to speak out of turn :-)

With regard to auction houses in general, everything is physically taken instead. (Botterweg, Sotheby's, gavelers, Korst van der hoeff etc etc

Show original message
  • 2,915 messages
  • February 21, 2014 20:50
added
prices
reviews

@ Dick52

Thanks for your response Dick, but you're going a bit off topic

This initial post from @Mireille is about the recurring same lots within auctions.

I responded to the comment that a number of lots returned regularly.

and the question is still why shouldn't that be possible or allowed?

And the response was then the yields may be less.

And as a buyer I think so what the cheaper the better for the buyer

Is of course separate from the fact that the reverse is the case for Catawiki and the seller.

But I want to collect and preferably bargains I'm still looking for ............?

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 20:57
added
prices

@Dick52

I have already given the answer :-)

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • February 21, 2014 22:39
added
prices

Mr. Dick does not want to message me anymore.

Don't get anything but complaints from him.

Editing the catalog with great enthusiasm, it takes me a whole day to scan busy and always comments from him. I'm fed up.

I'm 75 years old and I think I'm still doing quite well on the PC.

Then you shouldn't comment that much to me .

No best regards from me.

Henk.

Show original message
  • 2,915 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:10
added
prices
reviews

We have a handbook

Where indicated title is the A side of a single not the artist.

in addition, we really appreciate it if the tracks are also added.

This is also a search function, we also want to be able to check the input and if an A side is displayed 2x as an image, it is difficult what the B side will be!

If we can see it, we can adjust it, but that costs more work than it was done immediately upon import, and we fill a catalog.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:15
added
prices

Please don't have that discussion here. Has nothing to do with the topic

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:16
added
prices

Mr Dick.

You appreciate that the traks are also filled in.

OK, I agree.

But believe me well mister Dick, by order of must in my e-mail from you

I will not start there.

Is nowhere described mister Dick. if you are Mister Catawiki, just act like a real collector.

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:18
added
prices

Mr Paul.

Where else should I put my complaint?

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If an auctioneer sees that the same type or the same item is being offered within a few weeks, it is more sensible as the auctioneer to plan this item further in the year (a few months later) and remove another lot. to choose the waiting list.

It would also be useful to check for a moment that the item in question has not arrived at one of the other one or two weeks earlier ( I don't mention names but we know who they are) online auction houses is auctioned. As an interested person, I only check things that have my interest in one way or another and even with this very limited sample, it is quite often 'hit'. :-)

@ Mireille:
Another thing you shouldn't underestimate is what I call the avalanche effect. When a certain object has fetched a good price, everyone suddenly takes his or her copy from the attic and offers it for sale. Then it seems as if the same things are constantly being offered, but that is not the case, at least not in the way as in the example of Book Warehouse

@Frikas
I don't know what is bothering you, but I know you're venting your heart out in the wrong place. This topic is about auction lots.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:26
added
prices

Dear Henk,

At the catawiki moderators of the president rene. Or start your own message, "I'm being spammed".

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • February 21, 2014 23:33
added
prices

@pegag

a very good supporting point of your that avalanche effect . That is why the position of auctioneer is so important and research and insight into what has been auctioned in the past period is of great importance. For example, I have a ceramic lot in my possession which was also auctioned by another user last month. So my item will go back in the closet for a few months, to give the item a "fresh start".

Ps let's show a little more patience and respect for the older collectors among us and support them.

@Frikas chapeau that as a 75 year old you are still so actively working on your collection on the computer. That's what I sign up for at that age.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • February 22, 2014 10:04
added
prices
reviews

@Frikas

No best regards from me.

that I also find at 75 not´done

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 22, 2014 12:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And 75-year-olds who are not blind have no excuse to simply adhere strictly to the emails from the respective administrators.

Show original message
  • 10 messages
  • February 22, 2014 12:53
February 22, 2014 12:53

C'est le ton qui fait la musique.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 30
This topic is locked