7of 7
  • 33 messages
  • February 20, 2014 15:04
added
prices

Started catawiki some time ago, addictive, lucrative (sometimes) and relaxing for me. to create a new section. With Rene I have written some emails about it, but so far I have held back because time is playing tricks on me and another big issue, namely my mentality to act...

My hobby/profession consists of all, without exception, items that are above, sometimes very high, in price. There is a lot of enthusiasm for it, and there is great interest on other forums, auctions and sales points. it's about pinball machines, arcade machines, jukeboxes, jackpots and other coin-operated stuff. From very old to new in box. It could give a huge boom because there are many collectors of these items.

The subject also very often leans on other collectibles, posters, film, cartoon characters..etc..

I and others in my entourage would very much like to set up a base to start this section. The only thing that prevents almost everyone from committing themselves (selflessly) is not being allowed to sell their own devices. (the infamous +75 euro rule).

I also notice in other collecting areas (trains for example) that little new material is added because few make the effort to expand the catalog with more expensive stuff because they are not allowed to sell according to their own wishes.. only through auctions..

I once got very angry about it (in the beginning), and have now waited some time to see how it would develop. I understand better than anyone that a company has to make a profit and pay staff. The auctions are a wonderful solution for this and many buyers and sellers have benefited from it. But the offer of expensive things in the catalog is missing. it remains a, don't get me wrong, up to 75 euros sailor shop. I miss the outliers in the catalogue, the wow factor, the exception to the rule, the exclusive...

It continues to haunt me this 75 euro story.. it died a silent death after its introduction and has not been revived. I wonder if the catawiki team still can't give a serious solution to this.

Or am I a lone frustrated case :)

an old Belgian.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • February 20, 2014 15:44
added
prices
reviews

You're really not alone, unfortunately nothing special is offered for sale in CW this way. And for pinball machines etc. that is by definition not possible, precisely because of the price ...

I also got annoyed green and yellow and actually still do ...

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • February 20, 2014 16:51
added
prices

it is also a drama system

Show original message
  • 87 messages
  • February 24, 2014 16:25
added
prices

If you mean that you have to pay money for just placing a 75+ in your shop, then I totally agree. I also thought that was a strange rule.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • February 25, 2014 00:05
added
prices

I totally agree. Good speech. As a seller, I have no objection to a reasonable commission afterwards. But now I don't put art or more expensive comics in my shop. As a buyer, it is a great loss that many items over 75 are gone. You will get there via a detour, gradually I know quite a few sellers with beautiful albums who have the more expensive ones outside the shop. Beautiful transactions are done outside of Catawiki, so who is the loser here?

Counting just as quickly, there are approximately 450 strips over 75, of the more than 900,000.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • February 25, 2014 02:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews
But CataWiki is also a website for collectors. Surely there are also collectors who want to see their expensive or valuable objects in their Collection on CataWiki? If it is not there, he simply imports it. He does not want to sell those objects immediately / always, does he?
Show original message
  • 33 messages
  • February 25, 2014 09:53
added
prices

@disneymeentwijc

you are 100% right ... but from the noble catalog the core has gone to auctions and the input of new expensive things is missing .. In the mind of everyone who collects is the game of searching, finding and adding to the collection, Finding the element is only possible if there are providers, if there are providers who want to sell / trade. entry is very important. This happens on Catawiki .. but only in the auctions and that is unfortunate, but understandable if the core is the auctions ..

But my argument is only half about ... me (and many others) , as a trader, can't convince me to put so much work into a new section (or existing one), in order not to be able to sell or I have to pay a commission on my own entry to offer it. If I make the effort of pictures, description etc .. then I can just as well put it on ebay or other sales sites. I am not talking about Dutch-language comics because you will not have much enthusiasm for that in the rest of the world .. (with a few exceptions such as Tintin and comics ...)

In the whole setup you have to choose between evil and evil, but a solution must be found but the activities of catawiki, their staff and ambition must remain! The setup costs money and must be generated, all understanding!

Show original message
7of 7