8of 8
  • 8 messages
  • December 14, 2013 12:18
December 14, 2013 12:18

Since I trade in margin goods, I was wondering how about processing purchases in accounting.

Normally there is no VAT on purchased goods and since I use the margin scheme with globalization, I deduct the total costs of a purchase (purchase + shipping costs) from the sales over the relevant period, in order to subsequently calculate the VAT.

If I now buy something through the auction, I pay auction costs and VAT in addition to the bid price and shipping costs.

I assume that the VAT is only calculated on the auction costs since an auction also trades margin goods and therefore does not charge VAT on the purchases.

Should I now count the total costs that I have to pay after a purchase as the purchase price, or should I break it down into the bid price + shipping costs and subtract this from my total sales for the period in question, and then book the auction costs as costs that I then pay the Can VAT be reclaimed?

Who has experience with this ?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • December 14, 2013 13:24
December 14, 2013 13:24

@waiwaihworks
Who has experience with this?

You should always discuss this with your accountant. About the goods themselves, i.v.m. the margin scheme, indeed, no VAT is paid. But if you want to reclaim the VAT on the auction costs, you will have to book it separately anyway.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • December 14, 2013 13:50
December 14, 2013 13:50

I have an accountant who I can consult who checks my tax return, but I always find it a challenge to sort everything out myself so that I know exactly what I am doing. Hence my post here.

Since I have not yet made a purchase, I also did not know exactly how it was with the VAT, but your answer makes it clear to me how that is.

It is still important for me to find out whether the auction costs should be included in the total purchase price and what is the situation with the VAT.

Show original message
  • 104 messages
  • December 14, 2013 17:06
added
prices

@waiwaihworks

We do it as follows:

Purchase auction + shipping costs fall under purchasing margin (the shipping costs also do not include VAT)

Auction costs purchase 9%, this includes 21% VAT

This item falls under costs and you can reclaim the 21% VAT.

Unfortunately, Catawiki does not state 21% VAT separately on the purchase invoice for auction costs.

You will have to calculate this yourself.

We sent a question about this a while ago, Catawiki does pay the 21% VAT on the auction costs so that you can reclaim it.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • December 14, 2013 17:30
December 14, 2013 17:30

Purchase auction + shipping costs fall under the purchase margin (the shipping costs also do not include VAT)

Auction costs purchase 9%, this includes 21% VAT

This item is a cost and you can reclaim the 21% VAT.

Unfortunately, the purchase invoice does not mention 21% VAT separately for auction costs by Catawiki.

You will have to calculate this yourself.

This was indeed the way I had in mind.

The problem is that according to you the invoice does not include VAT on the auction costs.

The tax authorities require a specified VAT invoice if you wish to reclaim VAT.

Catawiki may consider adjusting this?

Incidentally, I read on another forum that auction costs charged by the provider of the auction should be added to the total price of the margin sale. In that case, they would have to pay VAT themselves on the total amount, but it cannot be stated on the invoice as it concerns a margin sale ...

Show original message
  • 104 messages
  • December 14, 2013 18:22
added
prices

The auction costs of 9% are stated separately on the invoice, but this is not split into Auction costs + VAT = total auction costs.

When selling auction costs, it is neatly stated.

We have received the email that we have received 21% VAT on the auction costs and it also states that we can reclaim this and only have to calculate it ourselves. We then add this when we buy something at the auction.

Show original message
  • 1,194 messages
  • December 14, 2013 19:19
added
prices

and yet catawiki can best break down that VAT, just update the program and the rest will happen automatically

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • July 24, 2014 14:48
July 24, 2014 14:48

hallo,

I am setting up an administration for margin goods.

It is true that auction costs can be calculated at the purchase price be?

Show original message
8of 8