18of 18
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • November 15, 2013 16:59
added
prices
reviews

We have just added to the auction pages that you can search all lots from the current auctions and that you can set auction alerts for certain search terms you are interested in. Given the growing number of auctions, this was much in demand by auction buyers.

If you set up auction alerts, you will receive an email once a week with all the auction lots found that contain the search terms for which you have set up auction alerts.

There will also be an option for searching in past auctions.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • November 15, 2013 18:25
added
prices
info pages

Unfortunately, we only search in the titles and subtitles, not in the lot descriptions.

Someone looking for, for example, Lourdes will find this lot so not.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • November 16, 2013 02:22
added
prices
reviews

In itself it is not difficult to immediately search in the lot descriptions, but our thought was that too many search terms would return too many unwanted results. Don't you think this is a problem? In practice it might not be so bad.

A possibility could also be that we place a link in the search results that you now get with "also search in the lot descriptions".

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • November 16, 2013 09:40
added
prices

@Rene

It is great that we listened so diligently to the wishes of the auction buyers and also suppliers.

What is also a related wish, that you can search the auction results. In fact, this is already possible now by doing this via google.

But it would be nice to also add this to the search engine in the long term:

• good source for providers as an indication of the price of lots to be placed in the future.
  • What's hot & amp; what is not . This allows providers to better match supply to demand.
  • Good resource for auction bidders. If visitors can better see what has been offered in the past and what it has yielded, this can generate many new Auction bidders.

Again related to this is making the Lists of Values public. At least the choice of the individual Catawiki user to be able to decide this himself.

Shop owners, auction providers and other collectors can then:

• Match their own offer to what is being searched in the search lists
  • Get a better idea of "what's Hot & amp; what's not"
  • Targeted search for items from the search lists (in your own collection and on markets) and then offer them in the shops or at the auctions

I am convinced that this will result in more supply for the shops and auctions. And more happy collectors who don't have to wait as long for their wish list items.

The current search list system is now purely dependent on coincidence and in my opinion falls short of the goal it aims for.
So leave the choice and responsibility to the individual user.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • November 16, 2013 13:47
added
prices
info pages
reviews
  • good source for providers as an indication for the price of lots to be placed in the future

Why is CataWiki not good enough ?? It is still the CataWiki auction and they are still not independent, despite the relinquishment of the obligation to link to the Catalog item.

• What's hot & amp; what is not . This allows providers to better match the supply to the demand.

By offering new items, a demand is also created that was not there before. Such an item is therefore never hot and will therefore not be offered much according to the above reasoning. Furthermore, they simply offer what they want to put up for sale? CataWiki isn't just for the traders, is it?

• Good resource for auction bidders. If visitors can better see what has been offered in the past and what it has yielded, this can lead to many new Auction bidders.

In that sense, I agree. agree that it is useful to see some sort of yield history. Although people who have bought something before probably don't want to spend that much again for that item. Furthermore, it is not said that the bidders at the time are still so interested and therefore have so much to do for it.

Furthermore, I remain against opening the search lists, even if it is on a voluntary basis. Because I don't want to miss anything, I will choose yes, but actually I would have liked the choice to accept a new offer. The current system has a great mailing system for this.

I get a bit of the 1984 feeling (Big Brother (The seller) is watching you). And yes, there you also have the choice not to stick to something, just like you don't have to paint your house red while the whole neighborhood has painted their house red, but you are looked at. Or the Model T dilemma: You can choose from all colors of cars as long as it is black.

And more happy collectors who don't have to wait as long for their wish list items.

If collectors have something in their wish list, it is not for nothing. The system is that if that item is offered, you will receive an email from it. If it is not offered, then you cannot receive an email from it, can you?

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • November 16, 2013 14:13
added
prices

@Disney

Leave the responsibility and choice to make the search list public to the Catawiki users themselves. They are intelligent enough to make the right choice according to their needs.
Opening the Search Lists is a Catawiki functionality that all Catawiki users can benefit from and thus Catawiki itself.
And if you don't want it, don't check that option and just keep your search list closed.

Whichever way you turn it; the current search list system is not sufficient and it depends on pure coincidence whether something from your wish list is placed on Catawiki. I also see signs in the suggestion pages and on this forum that more users have this desire.
Other users are not yet fully aware of the opportunities that this new functionality could offer them.

@Disney If you don't want to miss out on anything, it's your choice. I would advise you not to click the search list link . Seems simple to me

I assume that you can, for example, turn off your Television and only choose the channels you want to watch.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • November 16, 2013 16:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

However you turn or turn it; the current search list system is not sufficient and it depends on pure coincidence whether something from your wish list is placed on Catawiki. I also see signs in the suggestion pages and on this forum that more users have this desire.
Other users are not yet fully aware of the opportunities this new functionality could bring to them.

Sorry, but I don't understand any of this. The search list system is excellent. A salesperson can see whether something is being searched for, how many people are looking for it and in what minimum condition they are looking for it. Do you have to explain to me what information you, as a seller, think you need even more ?????

And for me as a buyer it also works fine, because I can button to see if something I get out of a bin \ pile at a fair \ flea market \ pull \ pull is something I was still looking for.

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • November 16, 2013 16:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Search and you will find.

for example, comics, go to album, you will see this on the left

Click on searched and you will see all albums that are being searched. You can even sort them, or set them to recently added in the black bar.

Works perfectly, I thought.

Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • November 16, 2013 19:14
added
prices
reviews

It's a pity that some don't know how to use catawiki yet.

admit it sometimes it takes a while to find.

but like DM i only hear the story sell trade

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • November 16, 2013 19:22
added
prices

@pegag and @fazerco

I was aware of the functionality. But how can I find all wanted items for the entire pottery category, for example? I just can't find it. I can search by factory, but that is quite laborious.

How can I search in the search lists with the search engine?

How can I randomly search the entire search list database for a keyword search?

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • November 16, 2013 20:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The question remains, why do you want to see everything?

To sell? If you have something to sell, you can go and look at that factory in question, I think. If necessary, if it is an egg cup, take it, and then you can sort by factory.

I think that more important things can be done first that have been waiting for years.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • November 16, 2013 20:25
added
prices

@fazerco

I am a very broad collector (figuratively) and so I want to be able to see everything. I want to know what is going on and what is being sought.

I have already extensively argued for this.

That there are more important matters is of course arbitrary, but I agree with you , that there are priorities. But being able to open the search list is, among other things, something that clearly lives on this forum and on the suggestion pages.

I wonder what you have "been waiting for years" as you indicated.

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • November 16, 2013 20:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I am not waiting for anything anymore.

And I follow the forum, but that it is really alive now. Maybe hold a vote :)

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • August 08, 2014 18:54
added
prices

I'm looking for luck, but I can't see where I can set my auction alerts.

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • August 08, 2014 19:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Favorites are listed next to all lots, you might want to find them.

http: // auction.catawiki.nl/veiling/id/4819/favorites

Or else, search for something on the auction and then set as alert will appear next to search.

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/auctions/search_alerts

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • August 08, 2014 19:47
added
prices

@ fazerco

No, I am not looking for Favorites, that is included with every lot, so it is no problem to find.

Thanks to your second link, I immediately came to my own auction alerts. So thank you.

But it remains strange, because if you go to the present page:

http://veiling.catawiki.nl

then you would Expect the link to Set up auction alerts there anyway. It could be me, but I don't see it.

I have previously suggested including My auction alerts in My Catawiki. That seems so logical and user-friendly.

Show original message
  • LastDodo Team
  • 1,008 messages
  • August 08, 2014 22:38
reviews

@Wow: I'm looking for a bit of luck, but I can't see where I can set my auction alerts.

That is indeed somewhat hidden now. You will only see them now if you have added a new auction alert after you have searched the veling.

With the link that Fazerco has provided you will indeed get there directly:

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/auctions/search_alerts

My Catawiki is indeed a more logical place. Let's take a look.

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • August 08, 2014 23:02
added
prices

@ Marco

With the link that Fazerco has provided you will indeed get there immediately:

But then I would have to save that link separately in my favorites.

So good idea to see if My Auction Alerts can be included in the My Catawiki navigation.

Show original message
18of 18