10of 10
  • 14 messages
  • October 12, 2013 19:16
added
prices
October 12, 2013 19:16

Hello,
I think that the auction concept is a bit of a double measure. The one time I offer something, it must come to a value of € 50, then again € 75. Recently I offered something that I expected to bring in $ 15 and was included in the auction. Perhaps you yourself have to read the rules carefully and apply them as they are, then I think you can abolish a number of auctions because the minimum set amount is really not achieved with some.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • October 12, 2013 20:08
October 12, 2013 20:08

You may have to read the rules carefully and apply them as they are set, then I think you can abolish a number of auctions because the minimum set amount is really not achieved with some.

At auctions in the start-up phase, cheaper lots are sometimes included, because they fit well in the lot list at that time. Ultimately, all lots must be able to achieve a realistic estimated yield of at least € 75. The fact that not every lot ultimately yields this is usually due to the fact that at that time there are not several collectors who bring the price to the estimated level.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • November 15, 2013 22:05
prices
November 15, 2013 22:05

a question from me :)

If a comic lot must yield at least €75

why would a buyer, for example, offer € 10, while you know that you will not get it anyway?

you might as well start with a starting bid of €75

in the rules it says:

"All lots start at the auction at 1 euro with no reserve price. Exceptions to this are only made for lots where an exceptionally high yield can be expected. Experience shows that starting at 1 euro yields a much higher yield than offering with a high starting price because buyers find the lots more interesting and follow better. The previously auctioned masterpieces, which sometimes yielded thousands of euros, also started at 1 euro."

interesting or not you still won't get it under €75,-euries

I myself would think if I would like to have a book and am quite willing to pay at least € 75

but this does not exceed € 50, - then I might not bid further with the thought that the book is not worth it (even if it is in almost new condition) so it would put me off a bit to bid at the last minute

if the starting bid was 75 immediately, I would probably bid

no offense intended :) just an observation

gr. Wino

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • November 15, 2013 22:13
added
prices
reviews

If a strip lot has to deliver at least € 75, - why would a buyer, for example, Offer € 10 even though you know you won't get it anyway?

The amount of 75 euros is an estimate made by the auctioneers. This does not mean that a lot will also be purchased for at least this amount.

With a little luck for the buyer and therefore bad luck for the seller, a lot will be sold for much less.

I have already won several lots for much less than the provider expected ....

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • November 15, 2013 22:15
November 15, 2013 22:15

@winowil
why would a buyer e.g. Offer € 10 even though you know you won't get it anyway?

Offered lots must have a realistic estimated yield of at least € 75. However, this does not mean that all lots will actually yield that amount during the auction. That is highly dependent on whether there are at least 2 collectors who want such an item at that time. If there is only 1 bidder left, the pricing will stop.

Each bid made is also legally valid. The buyer must pay and the seller must deliver, regardless of the price.

interesting or not, you still won't get it under € 75, -

This statement is therefore incorrect. Sometimes very high amounts are offered, but sometimes too low amounts are offered. That is why during the closing evening there are very frequent bids for such "bargains", because at that time they still have a very attractive (too) low price.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • November 15, 2013 22:46
prices
November 15, 2013 22:46

ok :) then I have misunderstood the rules, especially the word -should- has confused me for a moment, I think

Lots comics, original drawings and comic curiosities. A lot can consist of one special object or of several items. The expected yield of a lot must be at least 75 euros.

By the way, the response was quick, say: P

gr . Wino

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • November 16, 2013 15:06
November 16, 2013 15:06

If I have something for sale with a certain price in mind and this price is not reached, do I still have to deliver?

grt,

JOOP

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • November 16, 2013 15:16
added
prices
reviews

If I have something for sale with a certain price in mind and this price is not met, do I still have to deliver?

Yes! The rules are crystal clear in this ....

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • November 16, 2013 15:16
November 16, 2013 15:16

@ joop1943
If I have something for sale with a certain price in mind and this price is not reached, do I still have to deliver?

Before you put anything up for auction, be sure to read the Terms of Use . It states, among other things, that every bid made is legally valid. The buyer must pay and the seller must deliver, regardless of the amount of the bid.

[edit - RikMooren was just before me]

Show original message
  • 701 messages
  • November 16, 2013 16:04
added
prices

[edit - RikMooren was just before me]

Last time almost 2 minutes and now only 10 seconds, so you are getting close.

The first time next time? (- :)

Show original message
10of 10