25of 353
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 03:53
added
prices
reviews

Today, Friday September 27, 2013, Catawiki is exactly 5 years old!

On the occasion of our birthday, we treat you to a complete makeover of our website. This renewed site has just gone live and you are now viewing it. The main improvements are:

1. New fresh layout

The previous design of Catawiki has been slightly adjusted in recent years. You noticed this on the homepage, which became more and more busy over the years. We received feedback from quite a few new visitors that they actually did not understand what Catawiki is exactly. Existing users were also sometimes overwhelmed by all the options.

The new Catawiki layout is quieter, fresher and more modern. With the new design we want to clearly convey who we are and what we do. Over the years, this message has also become increasingly clear: we are a catalog made for and by collectors. With that catalog as a basis, we have built all kinds of functions, such as tracking your collection and wish list and the ability to sell duplicate items in your shop. An active community has developed around the catalog. In fact, the catalog is growing so fast because there is an active community. We are also an online auction house for collectors. With this we earn our money so that the rest of the functionality can be offered for free. These three things: catalog, auctions and community, let's lead the whole site and the main navigation is based on it. In addition, we have chosen to group your personal functions, which are available to you when you are logged in, together in the 'my catawiki' menu. There you will find all those functions together. They were quite scattered around the site before. This means that you sometimes have to do an extra click to go to your wish list or purchases. We weighed that against the clearer, grouped place.

The new design has already been fully implemented on a number of prominent pages. Other pages will follow. The new header and footer can already be seen there. Functionalities will of course remain available, but sometimes they can be reached from fewer pages to keep the design calm. We are proud of the beautiful illustrations that draftsman Hanco Kolk makes for our website. They can already be seen in the largest catalog sections and will gradually appear in more and more sections.

2. Improved catalog search engine

The search engine in the catalog has been completely renewed and now searches much better than the old one. We are still training him to make him search even smarter. The search results are also presented more clearly, whereby a distinction can be made between found items and found categories (groups of items) via tabs.

3. All your favorite auction lots in one list

On our old site it was already possible to mark auction lots as a favorite. We have significantly improved this functionality on our new site. All lots marked as favorites at the various auctions can now be viewed in one overview under the 'Favorites' tab. The lots you have bid on are also included, so that all the lots of the various auctions that are of interest to you can be viewed in one list.

There are undoubtedly still teething problems in the new site. We will be removing that in the coming days. Let us know if you run into anything. Preferably by email to info@catawiki.nl so that we can pick it up quickly. It is useful to state which operating system you are using (eg Windows 7, or OSX Mountain Lion) and which browser (eg Internet Explorer 10, or Google Chrome).

We also see some things that are not quite right yet, such as that it is not yet possible to search in special ways such as tracks for records and catalog numbers of well-known stamp catalogs for stamps. We try to resolve such issues as quickly as possible.

There are also some new functionalities almost finished. For example, we will add an overview of all administrators on the Community page (just as there is already an overview of all collectors). And there is a function that allows you to flip in a photo gallery between image 1 for all items (as is now standard) and image 2. The latter can be useful for quickly comparing backsides of books, comics, plates, etc. We think we can add that in a few days.

We hope you will enjoy the revamped site. In addition, we can well imagine that in the beginning many things are less familiar than on the old website. And that because of that you soon have the tendency to long for the old site. Most people just don't like change. We'd like to ask you to try and get over that and give the new site a chance for a while. You will see that you will quickly get used to it. In any case, we are already very used to it and have a good feeling about it.

We wish you a lot of fun on our new site!

René and Marco

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • September 27, 2013 06:14
added
prices
reviews

Takes some getting used to

You have to log in every time on the iPhone while the check mark logged in is checked

What I think is a shame active managers to hang numbers on it immediately gives a sense of competition. I don't like!

Entering data can also be simple, but complete with bells and whistles.

I would keep it more neutral on name or active within section/catalogue not on numbers

I can imagine spending a period of time there, for example, the past 3 months and half a year!

(and why isn't it in the forum most items most comments most language errors???? (dick52) etc.)

Show original message
  • 492 messages
  • September 27, 2013 08:33
added
prices

Congratulations René, Marco and the rest of the Catawiki family! A great achievement and on to ten! Catawiki is here to stay! :-)

* toast with a cup of coffee *

Must say that the layout appeals to me right away. Very clear: catalog, auctions and community. And that's what it's all about. There is something to argue about the blue color used for the logo, I also liked the more subdued blue, but it is certainly fresh. :-)

It actually needs a lot of work, but I can't help but discover a little more Catawiki new style first. And thanks! Hahaha ...

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • September 27, 2013 08:42
added
prices
reviews

LAYOUT NICE VERY NICE !!

Dick@ Language errors???? indicate then the Catawiki programmers have no time for anything else, especially with me or is it me?-:)

Student has language problem

Many starting HBO students in large cities are so sadly bad at language that the universities of applied sciences are forced to try to raise the level with special language programs this year. In some cases, nearly half of the students have very limited vocabulary or problems with spelling, grammar, and language skills such as reading comprehension and writing an introduction.

Show original message
  • 29 messages
  • September 27, 2013 08:42

The catawiki team congratulations, looks nice !!

Do you have a question?

Do I not see any more daily offers ?? ?

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • September 27, 2013 08:53
added
prices
reviews

Less is more l ... This is modern and suits a company with international ambition

Grouping Fine

Favorites by many happy with it

The improved search engine compensates for the disadvantage of the extra clicks when searching.

Changes will take some getting used to.

Good basis to proceed.

Tribute to the whole team.

Show original message
  • 702 messages
  • September 27, 2013 09:38
added
prices

First of all, congratulations on Catawiki's 5th anniversary!

The new function of favorites at auctions and the improved search engine now also works in your shop and collection are very big improvements

When trying out the new site, the only thing I've encountered so far that doesn't work properly is that lot preview doesn't work on my approved lots

It does work with the lots that I have on draft

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • September 27, 2013 09:44
added
prices

Congratulations Rene, Marco and the entire Catawiki team.

Indeed a much fresher site as I hoped. You have worked hard. Fantastic also the favorites list at auctions. The user-friendliness has improved very well.

The following I assume is another teething problem:

When I click on the link: Auctions (top) or the orange link View auctions I see everything except an auction overview, but surprisingly the comic auction (with an auction list on the left). All Auctions are therefore certainly not an improvement for the time being. Rather the opposite. If I click on auctions I would also like to see All auctions in an icon or picture overview and not the comic auction.

I also miss a logical place for the Viewing days of the auctions. For that I still have to go to the forum.

There also seems to be an issue with the resolution of the photos shown on the homepage. Photos seem a bit blurrier than the original

Otherwise just a big compliment. It is inevitable that Catawiki will be the website of the year. You have deserved that.

Show original message
  • 2,421 messages
  • September 27, 2013 09:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

5 years

I feel like it has been a lot longer ... ;-)

Show original message
  • 702 messages
  • September 27, 2013 09:56
added
prices

Yes for you Jilles, yes for you (-;

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 10:03
added
prices
reviews

Thanks for all the congratulations and compliments!

What I think is a pity active administrators to add numbers to this immediately gives a competitive feeling. I don't like!

I'm going to discuss that. It was not long thought to do this so prominently.

Can I no longer see any daily offers ???

They are on the Comic section page . There is still a problem with clicking through that we are working on.

When trying out the new site, the only thing I've encountered so far that doesn't work properly is that lot preview doesn't work on my approved lots

It works with the lots that I have drafted

Thanks for flagging. Let's get started.

When I click on the link: Auctions or All auctions, I see everything except an auction overview, but surprisingly the comic auction (with an auction list on the left). All Auctions are therefore still a mystery and certainly not an improvement for the time being. Rather the opposite. If I click on all auctions, I would also like to see All auctions in an icon or image overview and not the comic auction. I also miss the auctions drop down menu at the top of the page.

The problem with the tab menu at the top of the auction page became that there were too many auctions for the available horizontal space. The "All auctions" link on the home page will take you to one of the first closing auctions. You can then click on all other auctions in the left column. The alternative is indeed an intermediate page. However, we felt that this should not be necessary, but will look again.

Furthermore, there seems to be an issue with the resolution of the photos shown on the homepage. Auction photos seem a bit blurrier than the original

Let's take a look. Thanks for reporting!

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • September 27, 2013 10:15
added
prices
September 27, 2013 10:15

Congratulations of course on your first lustrum. The site looks very nice indeed and it will take some getting used to.

Will the rest of the site also be adapted in this new style? Or does it just stay with the 'front page'?

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • September 27, 2013 10:18
added
prices

nice looks really neat

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • September 27, 2013 11:43
September 27, 2013 11:43

Congratulations on Catawiki!

Certainly looks a lot fresher, it will take some getting used to all the possibilities in this to find it all again. 1 thing already disturbs me and that is not having the option to click on the items with the results of the search. unless stated. I have the idea that it used to be much easier to see all the info (with my comics). publications, possibilities, print runs isbn numbers, you name it.

I now see a blurry image and a short broken description and that was it. Can't be clicked anymore to get no info and nice if compare the store prices right away.

Otherwise looks nice!

Show original message
  • 324 messages
  • September 27, 2013 11:59
added
prices
reviews

Wow !! Very successful.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:00
added
prices
reviews

Will the rest of the site also be adapted in this new style? Or does it just stay with the 'front page'?

Now all section pages in the catalog have been completely addressed as well as the community, search and auction pages. All other pages will also gradually follow.

1 thing already disturbs me and that is not having the option to click on the items in the results of the search. unless stated.

All items on the search result page are clickable. Sometimes the link is not there yet if the specifics text is a bit long. That will now be resolved.

I now see a blurry picture

Those pictures are still being improved.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:01
added
prices
reviews

Why so modest ..?

Suggestion: put it on the homepage or process it in the square "Home" Catawiki Logo that Catawiki has existed for 5 years.

Are the results of the previous auctions can no longer be called up? That was what it said before.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:03
added
prices
reviews

Are the results of the previous auctions no longer available? That was what it said before.

In progress.

Show original message
  • 177 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Tribute to the Catawiki team looks fantastic, few problems encountered yet ...

Only the black bar at the bottom is a bit disturbing, otherwise it looks good ...

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:51
September 27, 2013 12:51

1 thing already disturbs me and that is not having the option to click on the items with the results of the search. unless stated.

All items on the search results page are clickable. Sometimes the link is not there yet if the specifics text is a bit long. That will now be resolved.

It must be my computer then, but would it be more bothering?

click catalog, for example, type wiry peekah at the results at the title. clicking a picture. I see a hand, but nothing happens.

http: / /www.catawiki.nl/new_search_design/search_static_items?locale=nl&q=pezige+peekah

or is it really me?

Show original message
  • 492 messages
  • September 27, 2013 12:56
added
prices

@ Neko1974 : It doesn't bother me. See the hand, click and come to the relevant page. I am using the latest Firefox, which browser are you using?

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • September 27, 2013 13:07
added
prices
reviews

Congratulations to Rene, Marco and the rest of the Catawiki team on 5 years of Catawiki.

Many more years (and items) can be added to it.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 13:10
added
prices
reviews

@ Neko1974,

We cannot reproduce that. Please specify your specific browser version (eg Internet Explorer 6.3) and Operating System.

Show original message
  • 53 messages
  • September 27, 2013 13:35
added
prices

Congratulations on reaching 5 years! And even longer of course.

The new site will probably take some getting used to :-)

Question: Has something also changed with the search engine itself? It seems that some things are sometimes harder to find:

Eg:

http://www.catawiki.nl/new_search_design/search_static_items?locale=nl&q=Schipfeiting

I can't find Mitton's comics with this search. Or maybe I'm doing something very wrong...

Greetings,

Jan

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 27, 2013 13:46
added
prices
reviews

I can't find Mitton's comic books with this search. Or maybe I am doing something very wrong ...

No, you are not doing anything wrong. Something seems to go wrong with long search terms like this one. Let's solve it.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 353